The M-BAM Main Thread

Definitely agree with this. Why are we starting on X-Bam if we haven't even finished M-Bam? Our efforts are too divided among different projects.
Also, I'm not sure if anything larger than the M-BAM will actually be useful, because of the limitations of Kavrayskiy and other pseudocylindrical projections. They were invented to be compromise projections for world maps, but anything larger than the M-BAM is too large to be used as a world map.

To be fair, the X-BAM is just too, too big. At that point, if you need something that detailed, you need to learn Inkscape and just get something off of Google Maps.

Also, I'm not sure if anything larger than the M-BAM will actually be useful, because of the limitations of Kavrayskiy and other pseudocylindrical projections. They were invented to be compromise projections for world maps, but anything larger than the M-BAM is too large to be used as a world map.
Plus M-Bam is already large enough to be unable to be opened on most computers. I can't imagine the kind of computer needed to open something 9 times larger.

Redcoat

Banned
Plus M-Bam is already large enough to be unable to be opened on most computers. I can't imagine the kind of computer needed to open something 9 times larger.
Klime's told me himself that VT-BAM is really only useful for maps of countries or a few countries, and only then probably after 1945.

I don't think it's possible on the M-BAM, there are municipalities that are some pixel wide even on the VT-BAM, which is significantly bigger than the M-BAM.

I think Italian could work, there are many countries it wouldnt work for but I think Italy is one of them, maybe some of thier provinces are too small, but I think most of them could work

Damn... I've been gone for a couple months taking care of a funeral, overseeing family things... and the MBAM is still unfinished?!? Dayumn.

Redcoat

Banned
Damn... I've been gone for a couple months taking care of a funeral, overseeing family things... and the MBAM is still unfinished?!? Dayumn.
Yeah, no one's been working on it. And people have just been moving on to other projects. It's kinda sad really.

Well, the M-BAM is pretty much done, aside from a few fixes to be made.

What are the remaining fixes? cos if they're small and insignificant to the overall map, then I think it can just be released as done and only later add those in if anyone remembers to do so once it's released.

Redcoat

Banned
So basically Russia's left. Pakistan I can see being finished easily, but Russia. Can we just release it without Russia? I think so, but idk what others think.
I'd be all for it. Or you could work on Russia and get it truly done. In the case that we can't do that,

@ST15RM How's Pakistan?