New Deal Coalition Retained Pt II: World on Fire

If Roberto wants to do them, I will not stand against him.
I greatly appreciate the sentiment, @NotA_Potato, and I thank you sincerely for extending the offer. I would like to get involved in a small way if this timeline does get revived (I may not agree with every one of The Congressman's opinions, but he clearly poured a lot of his heart and soul into this project and it showed through with the high levels of originality and detail. I'll be damned if I see that get thrown away all due to intense backlash that didn't always appear justified to me). I would love the opportunity to do the boxes, if only because it's the way I feel most qualified to contribute. If you are still interested in doing the boxes, we could alternate—I'll do one, you do another. Would be interested in that kind of arrangement?

I greatly appreciate the sentiment, @NotA_Potato, and I thank you sincerely for extending the offer. I would like to get involved in a small way if this timeline does get revived (I may not agree with every one of The Congressman's opinions, but he clearly poured a lot of his heart and soul into this project and it showed through with the high levels of originality and detail. I'll be damned if I see that get thrown away all due to intense backlash that didn't always appear justified to me). I would love the opportunity to do the boxes, if only because it's the way I feel most qualified to contribute. If you are still interested in doing the boxes, we could alternate—I'll do one, you do another. Would be interested in that kind of arrangement?
Nah it’s okay man. If you want to do your part in wikiboxes, you can do them all. I am cool with staying on the sidelines in this one. :)

Nah it’s okay man. If you want to do your part in wikiboxes, you can do them all. I am cool with staying on the sidelines in this one. :)
Thank you very, very much. :) If you do ever change your mind (provided that we do indeed start a part III—it appears we don't know for sure yet), let me know and I'll be more than happy to share my duties. I hope you don't mind if I PM you to see what applications/methods you use? The tools I use in constructing wikiboxes are alright, but if there's a better way I want to make sure I know it.

Why would Gerhard Frey fall from power? He won the last elections with 65%, started a revolution in German politics, won the war against the Soviets and not only reunified Germany, but also brought back for Germany the Eastern Provinces, the birthplace of Prussia, who were thought to be forever lost. He allowed the Germans to atone for their former Nazi past and gave them a new reason to be proud of themselves, by being the backbone of individual liberty in Europe. He doesn't seem prone to be Churchilled out of office.
Also, a Progressive President in 1992? It would be interesting to see how they rise from 27 Electoral Votes to 271. If only...Progressive President Ross Perot.

IMO only try to do it if it has the endorsement and blessing of Congressman
There’s a good chance he left this site for good. And we will be doing it as a separate thread, so if he comes back whatever he does will be canon.
Made a convo, how long do you want to wait for a response, especially considering he has likely left AAlt-Hist for good?
Here's my two cents: as IntellectuallyHonestRhino has pointed out, The Congressman may well have no intention of coming back to the site, in which case we will never know for sure whether or not he would be okay with a Part III. However, as I stated in an earlier post, I think it would be a shame for the final legacy of this timeline to end on such an unpleasant note, with all the associated issues unresolved. I think our best option would be to pick a date, perhaps a month or two in the future, when we will start work on the sequel. If The Congressman does come back onto the site during that time and gives us our blessing, then great. If he comes back to say he doesn't want us writing a sequel, then that'll be the end of it. But if, by the time that date comes, he hasn't returned to the site (or he's returned to the site but hasn't stated his opinion on the matter), then we start writing; and if at any point while we're writing, the Congressman comes back and asks us to stop, we stop. If anything, this kind of plan would give us ample time to work out the disagreements we have on what direction to take the sequel. What does everyone think?

Deleted member 100251

Here's my two cents: as IntellectuallyHonestRhino has pointed out, The Congressman may well have no intention of coming back to the site, in which case we will never know for sure whether or not he would be okay with a Part III. However, as I stated in an earlier post, I think it would be a shame for the final legacy of this timeline to end on such an unpleasant note, with all the associated issues unresolved. I think our best option would be to pick a date, perhaps a month or two in the future, when we will start work on the sequel. If The Congressman does come back onto the site during that time and gives us our blessing, then great. If he comes back to say he doesn't want us writing a sequel, then that'll be the end of it. But if, by the time that date comes, he hasn't returned to the site (or he's returned to the site but hasn't stated his opinion on the matter), then we start writing; and if at any point while we're writing, the Congressman comes back and asks us to stop, we stop. If anything, this kind of plan would give us ample time to work out the disagreements we have on what direction to take the sequel. What does everyone think?
His TL, even though I don’t like it and feel like it doesn’t make sense/is biased, you can’t do anything with it or it’s concepts without his consent.

His TL, even though I don’t like it and feel like it doesn’t make sense/is biased, you can’t do anything with it or it’s concepts without his consent.
I'm in agreement, without his consent I know that there's going to be another shitstorm about the direction that the "sequel" should be heading.

You see I like the TL, but it's biased just like almost every TL on this site. The thing about this TL that I liked the most is that it's consistent. I have a bad feeling that people are going to ruin it because they didn't like some of the things that were put in.

Without his consent is where it'll stand out the most. With his consent then those changes to the core of the story would actually be "canon" and so that would hopefully quell problems.

Redcoat

Banned
Don't rid of Frey, just make it clear he's not a good guy. Perhaps a massacre of Russians in East Prussia?
And we'll keep him as an American ally so not too much changes with the story's trajectory. I've said this before, maybe like a Saudi Arabia equivalent. Important ally in helping the stability of Europe, but a bit shady