New Deal Coalition Retained Pt II: World on Fire

Pinochet could be replaced with a conservative Chilean politician in the election and remain a general.

Sounds good to me. We'd want to ensure that that figure was quite conservative though, but not murderous Pinochet, to ensure its an appropriate fix. Pinochet didn't even do that much ITL. This could be the quickest retcon ever.

Last edited:
If someone else wants to redo South Africa/Rhodesia I'd gladly give that assignment away.

My only hesitation is that with SA's participation in the greater world it might be quite the change and it might be better to do something post-war that eliminates such a situation.

Its not as easy as replacing Pinochet for example

If someone else wants to redo South Africa/Rhodesia I'd gladly give that assignment away.

My only hesitation is that with SA's participation in the greater world it might be quite the change and it might be better to do something post-war that eliminates such a situation.

Its not as easy as replacing Pinochet for example
Yeah, I think something post-War for SA would be best.

Also we should probably do something about Gerhard Frey.

Look i'm all for continuing the TL but don't go massively changing the tone of it. Pinochet and SA were at least hinted at having something happen post war to them. But everything else you guys are suggesting would radically alter the tone of the TL.

Redcoat

Banned
Look i'm all for continuing the TL but don't go massively changing the tone of it. Pinochet and SA were at least hinted at having something happen post war to them. But everything else you guys are suggesting would radically alter the tone of the TL.
Yeah it should still at least roughly follow the tone OP set. Hmmmmm if only he could PM some of the people remaking it. We should make a fanfic thread for related stories that take place in the same universe like @IntellectuallyHonestRhino said.

It's in part why I'd suggest renaming it but making it a seperate timeline that "begins" in the world NDCR set up. Like the expanded Universe in star wars

It would be cool if we could keep a coherent narrative though.

Think Timothy Zahn Trilogy after Star Wars

Redcoat

Banned
It's in part why I'd suggest renaming it but making it a seperate timeline that "begins" in the world NDCR set up. Like the expanded Universe in star wars

It would be cool if we coul dkeep a coherant narrative though
We might need a different thread but I want to keep the same universe, there'll just be too much trouble with people saying it's not faithful if we change a huge lot.

Think Timothy Zahn Trilogy after Star Wars
Not really a fair comparison. Zahn had to come up with a fair bit of the Thrawn trilogy on his own with only original cast to really play with. Meanwhile things here have already been hinted at and set up to happen and you guys are aiming to change it

i suppose I'll pitch in with the Spy Collaboration at various points (which I'll run by President Earl Warren), but unless any of you are willing to contribute as well, it'll be a slow process.

If Roberto wants to do them, I will not stand against him.
I greatly appreciate the sentiment, @NotA_Potato, and I thank you sincerely for extending the offer. I would like to get involved in a small way if this timeline does get revived (I may not agree with every one of The Congressman's opinions, but he clearly poured a lot of his heart and soul into this project and it showed through with the high levels of originality and detail. I'll be damned if I see that get thrown away all due to intense backlash that didn't always appear justified to me). I would love the opportunity to do the boxes, if only because it's the way I feel most qualified to contribute. If you are still interested in doing the boxes, we could alternate—I'll do one, you do another. Would be interested in that kind of arrangement?