Proposals and War Aims That Didn't Happen Map Thread

DiLGlgKU0AAA3aQ.jpg:large

Found this quite interesting map on twitter, depicting German advance into Russia superimposed onto the United States

View attachment 397195

I've tried to recreate this in worlda, and have used the subdivisions of the pro-Nazi Bund organisation to chop up occupied America somewhat realistically I hope.
And the American Capital has moved to Detroit. On the bright side, when the Great Patriotic War turns the tide (1776 shall commence again), the gains made by being the center of activity may allow Motor City to do better than it did OTL.

And the American Capital has moved to Detroit. On the bright side, when the Great Patriotic War turns the tide (1776 shall commence again), the gains made by being the center of activity may allow Motor City to do better than it did OTL.

It's not intended as a perfect analogue, as the capital of the USSR was never occupied by the Nazis but in this scenario, Washington falls. I'd imagine the new capital would be situated a bit further away, probably in the new string of industrial centres in the Rockies.

EDIT: It would actually be quite interesting to look at the US twenty or thirty years later, a country with a dramatically different demographics than OTL, with a relatively depopulated East and a much more populated West.

It's not intended as a perfect analogue, as the capital of the USSR was never occupied by the Nazis but in this scenario, Washington falls. I'd imagine the new capital would be situated a bit further away, probably in the new string of industrial centres in the Rockies.

EDIT: It would actually be quite interesting to look at the US twenty or thirty years later, a country with a dramatically different demographics than OTL, with a relatively depopulated East and a much more populated West.
isn't that basically In the Presence of Mine Enemies?

DiLGlgKU0AAA3aQ.jpg:large

Found this quite interesting map on twitter, depicting German advance into Russia superimposed onto the United States

View attachment 397195

I've tried to recreate this in worlda, and have used the subdivisions of the pro-Nazi Bund organisation to chop up occupied America somewhat realistically I hope.

tFbYrcP.jpg

I was able to find a much better quality version of the image for people like me who wanted to read the displayed text and stuff

ST15RM

Banned
I'm curious, what are the subdivisions of this Bund (I'm assuming it's the German-American Bund)?

I'm curious, what are the subdivisions of this Bund (I'm assuming it's the German-American Bund)?

They were organised into three 'Gaue', East, Midwest and West. These were further subdivided generally into two sections per Gau. Beneath that there were numerous branches. However, the vast bulk of these branches were in the North and a lot of them were in New York State.

Made some amendments.

upload_2018-7-16_10-4-26.png

I've done dotted lines along what you could say are disputed borders, and added the Southern division to the Midwest Gau. I have also added in the Temporary Capital of Omaha.