Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey could we get a closer look at that awesome State of Hamilton flag?

RMsgJP6.png

Hey Kanan! You've got a really good universe thing going on here, I've been following it for a while, and has inspired a similar project on my own, although not in the Americas.

However, I have noticed quite a few times that you keep writing in your infoboxes, when writing in French, you write 'du Nouvelle-Angleterre' but Nouvelle Angleterre is feminine so it should be 'de la Nouvelle-Angleterre',

As a loyal republican resident of Éireann, I can say that NOTHING in Royal _____ Constabulary has been good.

that aside, why does it only have jurisdiction in 6 provinces? Are the others lawless wastelands or are there multiple police forces?

@Kanan - You know, I also don't get why Maryland adopted the "seal-in-a-bedsheet" shtick when they already got such a great design:
1000px-Flag_of_Maryland.svg.png

I’m guessing you know the provenance of the state flag. Mourn for it as I do, it’s well passed the POD and fair game. Our only hope for redemption is that the execrable state song is probably gone. We have an almost perfect inverse relationship there: best flag, worst anthem. ITTL maybe our anthem is just amazing.

Half of the Maryland flag is considered a Confederate symbol, and that's a no no in "No Confederates, ever" America.

As a loyal republican resident of Éireann, I can say that NOTHING in Royal _____ Constabulary has been good.

that aside, why does it only have jurisdiction in 6 provinces? Are the others lawless wastelands or are there multiple police forces?

Prince Edward Island, Massachusetts Bay, Connecticut, Rhode Island, Plymouth, and Long Island are all without unincorporated areas. In each of these provinces, police duties are undertaken by the towns which have jurisdiction over the territory. This is much the same in southern New Hampshire, southern Adirondack, and southern Maine. In vast, rural areas and towns without many people, policing is the duty of the RNECF. They sometimes work in conjunction with province-wide provincial police forces (along with county police forces), but the defense of rural New England falls solely on the federal government. They are most visible in central and northern Adirondack, Maine north of Augusta, New Brunswick, and Nova Scotia.

Gian

Banned
Half of the Maryland flag is considered a Confederate symbol, and that's a no no in "No Confederates, ever" America.

But the Calvert symbol was still fine though, since many pro-Union supporters used it (and in fact, black and gold were the only colors which represented Maryland from colonial times up until the 1850s):
Calvert_family_banner.png

From Wikipedia:
The black and gold (yellow) colors with the chevron design of the Calvert family were used in the flags and devices and uniform pins of the Union Army regiments in the northern Army of the Potomac.

As you said it, only the Crossland Banner (which depicted the arms of George Calvert's wife) was used as a Confederate symbol (and would most certainly be banned in this world), and in our world, the present design was largely an attempt at reconciliation between the two sides:
500px-Crossland_Banner.svg.png

Last edited:
Also, it should really be pointed out that if you’re using the MD state seal, by all rights the back should be different. I believe it’s the only two-sided seal in the union? And a good reason exactly why the seal WASN'T put on the flag in the first place. Though let’s be honest, you could make a pretty rockin flag out of this:

upload_2018-7-14_22-24-11.jpeg

I would think Newfoundland would disagree with you

Prince Edward Island, Massachusetts Bay, Connecticut, Rhode Island, Plymouth, and Long Island are all without unincorporated areas. In each of these provinces, police duties are undertaken by the towns which have jurisdiction over the territory. This is much the same in southern New Hampshire, southern Adirondack, and southern Maine. In vast, rural areas and towns without many people, policing is the duty of the RNECF. They sometimes work in conjunction with province-wide provincial police forces (along with county police forces), but the defense of rural New England falls solely on the federal government. They are most visible in central and northern Adirondack, Maine north of Augusta, New Brunswick, and Nova Scotia.

Well wouldn't they also be responsible for Federal crimes, or cross-provincial crimes?

Also, by-the-by, what is the 'federal capitol region'?

Status
Not open for further replies.