Map Thread XVII

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thousand Week Reich, Reichskommissariat Ostland - Map and Demographic changes between 1939 and 1953

x4ecv512bj911.png

Rest of the scenario -https://www.reddit.com/r/AP246/comments/7ch604/the_thousandweek_reich_a_realistic_nazi_victory/

Its ah.com thread https://www.alternatehistory.com/fo...ich-a-realistic-nazi-victory-scenario.444582/

And its HOI4 mod in development - https://www.reddit.com/r/twrmod/

Discord (for the mod)- https://discord.gg/7Zyc8RM

As a part of operation barbarossa, Germany invaded the baltic countries and belarus, both under Soviet control at the time, on July 17 1941 Hitler issued a decree to organize the recently conquered territories, the Reichskomissariat ostland would be formed from the former byelorussian soviet republic, the baltic countries and part of the ingria and pskov oblast of the RSFSR.

The German considered the Baltic countries as historical german lands and as such were subject to the focus of the colonisation efforts of the reich. they promoted the areas around Riga, Curland and western estonia for colonisation, they built several resort towns there and tolerated the local populace in cities, at least those who weren't jew, disabled or "political dissidents", criterions that still encompassed nearly 400,000 people in the baltic countries, who were all killed, by late 1945 all the "undesirable" population of the reichskomissariat had been exterminated.

But one couldn't stay that for the hinterland. As the war went on the reich's economy became more and more dependent on cheap forced labour, who often weren't paid at all, when the soviet union became too weak to pose any threat to germany, the economy was too reliant on what were effectively slaves (and would officialy become slaves in 1946 following a decree from the fuhrer), by 1944 the Reich worked over 7 million forced labourers, and that number rose considerably with the reconstruction efforts, by the late 40s the number would stabilize to about 15 million in the metropolitan until the start of the civil war, however the horrendous work conditions caused the death of many of these slaves, and the reich was in constant need of replacement, after the soviet war the german companies prefered slaves from the east rather than forced labourers from France, Switzerland or Belgium.

While the ukrainian or muscovite reichskomissariat were far more populous, the higher stability and control of Ostland and the Annexed Polish lands made them the main source of forced labor, there over 1/3rd of the pre war population was enslaved. Quotas had to be filled, as many able bodied (officially over 16 years old and not disabled, effectively younger men were taken) men had to be deported to the reich for work, in the countryside military groups, sometime police forces, other times Einsatzgruppen were tasked to fill these quotas, a task they dedicated themselves to, and with virtually no repercussion for crimes, they often commited atrocities, if a town couldn't fill the quotas, all crops would be stolen, something that was sometime even done when they were filled. And if, by misfortune, a german soldier was shot, the task forces often would at best randomly kill 10 people, at worst, and it was often the case, burn the whole town to the ground.

While in theory members of the SS and Orpo had to follow strict procedure, SS leaders and Orpo Officiers had a lot of power, consquently corruption was rampant and wealthy inhabitants of cities could avoid roundups.

While High ranking nazi members had high hopes for the Colonization of the east, it turned out to be negligible, the short economic boom after the war dissuaded german from moving to the east despite government incentives. The colonization was first focused on the recently annexed polish territories, and eventually progress was made there, thanks to mass killing and deportation of poles the Wartheland and Weichseland had a german majority by the early 50s, but this process was much slower in the east (with the exception of gotenland, where 95% of the local population was killed or deported), the german government managed to attract a quarter million german on the baltic coast, but it was much harder in the byelorussian hinterland, where the few colonists lived in gated communities.The government awarded large plots of land to veteran, in a way not dissimilar to how Rome used to treat her veterans. They often worked many slaves, as plantations had 20 slaves in average.

The reich faced a tough resistance, as nearly all inhabitant of the hinterlands had lost a close relative to the german genocidal acts, sadly the Reichskomissariat was in an unfortunate position as both a location with a strong resistance, contrary to the Polish occupied territories, and close to the reichs, contrary to the Muscovite and Caucasian RKs, as a result the SS decided to make it an exemple of stability, and they conducted particularly brutal anti partisans operation, in Byelorussia they would select an area several hundred km² large and kill and burn everything inside it, then repeat this a few months later somewhere else, these brutal operations claimed the lives of a quarter million people. But it strained the german forces, despite the relative stability of Ostland, police forces often couldn't reach many areas quick enough to arrest partisans, especially in the numerous swamps of the region. The occupation force also had a high rate of Sexualy transmitted diseases from rapes, diseases that were made worse by the medicinal delay the Reich had compared to the USA and UK, as many antibiotics couldn't be produced in suffiently large quantities for all the armed forces.

Good Eye! Yes I mainly take canons from movies and some games such as, trespasser and JWE.

I gotcha. That one just stuck out to me. Good to see references from across the spectrum. Trespasser especially; it could have been so much more.

Still, nice development. Like the little details.

I posted this before but this is still not fully completed. But all colored regions should be represented in the legend. I don't have the time to do a write up right now.
post-post-apocolypse wip.png

The original post since it has more information about it.
So gonna post a map that is finished but needs a legend (and perhaps a write-up). I would like to see people guessing and asking questions till that is done though. Only Information I will give is that it is a 20 minutes into the future+ nuclear WW3 and ASBs handwaving fallout and such long term problems away (its kind of a post-post-apocalypse). Oh and the color scheme is TOASTER.

Edit: Before I sleep have the start of the Legend. (some Groupings are alliances some are not)

View attachment 391348

I'll also repeat myself and say that I would be happy to answer any questions and would love to see people guessing specifics.

Last edited:
i wish i could make a map like this, i dont know where to start

Depends on which kind of map you wish to make. There are countless tutorials on YouTube and some on this forum on a stricky Thread about how to make maps on more advanced programs, such as Inkscape, Photoshop and Gimp. You can also start with maps made on MS paint (which is different from paint.net, by the way) and test the waters. That isn't to say there aren't talented mapmakers on the MS paint medium, on the contrary, but sometimes is better to start small.

It's been almost a year since I last posted of my community's collab world, so today we'll be focusing a bit on the political side of the world. Again, this is centered in the southwestern portion of the world.

3mu5aiX.png

A few points:
  • This world is pretty much an Earth analog in regards of life; humans habitat the planet and are pretty much the dominant species. We haven't exactly agreed on how humans came to be, but most likely from the evolution of life... so it's pretty much fantasy on that regard.
  • The western landmass is Ivinis and the eastern landmass is pretty much the southwestern portion of the supercontinent Delezia-Hazele, which includes the Nohktaeic Subcontinent.
  • Nohkta is pretty much under control of the Rokhtaeran Imperium, leading a pretty close union under its organization. Think a closer EU. Khydea, however, is pretty much exempt from this, as it's not actually a stable country but rather a land of restlessness and has no wide governmental authority. There are a few portions of the land that are considered safe havens but still have some illegal activity.
  • Ivinis was never inhabited by humans before the Great Exploration era, due to their relative isolation from the rest of the world (see world map). However, in the Great Exploration, the majority of the continent was taken over by the countries of Nohkta. There were some other colonial powers as well, including the Nautical Peace, which still controls a large portion of it (think of an imperial federation). They also hold plenty of other territories around the globe, all within the Southern Hemisphere.
  • Territories in Ivinis that were controlled by Nokhtaeic countries eventually became independent, and are collectively known as the Praenohkto. The more powerful countries are Zandæra and Linyen, and in the past led a great invasion of Nohkta, their motherland, which they controlled briefly.
  • The green lands outside of all the nations are inhabited - I just decided to showcase these two regions since they're the more complete ones and others are still a work-in-progress (with a few exceptions).
Of course as this is still a somewhat active project, things will change around... but we're proud of what we've come up with by far. :) Feel free to ask any questions and I'll (or another community member will) try my best to answer.

CK2Game.png

Little map of a recent CK2 game featuring such gems as: a resurgent Abbasid Caliphate, an independent Italian Kingdom, A Hungarian-Russian dual monarchy, a fairly stable Byzantine Empire following Turkish invasions, Andalusian comeback, and christianized Wendish Kingdom in northern Germany.

It's a wanked Ghaznavid Kingdom that is solidifying control over Northern India actually, I'm quietly cheering it on from the sidelines

Status
Not open for further replies.