Alternate Electoral Maps II

Status
Not open for further replies.
1968:

genusmap.php

dvUj4PY.jpg

Winthrop Rockefeller (R-AR)/George Romney (R-MI) 491 electoral votes, 62% popular vote
George Wallace (D-AL)/Happy Chandler (D-KY) 47 electoral votes, 35% popular vote

I did a bit more of my Bush '92 thing. This time I've been working on the Congressional results. The Republican Revolution of '94 is brought forward by two years. The Contract with America is replaced with Bush's Agenda for American Renewal. Their campaign is better coordinated and seeks an end to the constant and ineffective battles between Congress and the President.

House of Representatives
1992_House_Elections_in_the_United_States_Bush_'92.png

Senate
2000px-1992_Senate_election_map_Bush_'92.png

Credit to those that made them.

An interesting consequence is that there are more socially conservative Democrats in the South and more moderate Republicans in places such as California, New England and Miami, Florida.

The absolute best case scenario for Democrats in the House in 2018:

hNitMQ2.jpg

I assume this is just Cooks or Sabatos ratings but with every non-safe seat going D? If so PA-14 is shouldn't be D, the only reason cook leaves it as likely R is because they never move safe pickups off of the board, so it is easy to see that they are safe pickups. I also think the Cleveland district, PA-04, and CA-46 are mistakenly colored red.

Personally if I was creating a absolute best map, it would not include MO-02 and include OK-05.

The absolute best case scenario for Democrats in the House in 2018:

hNitMQ2.jpg

I assume the map would be even bluer if every GOP Congressman was caught saying the n-word, endorsing David Duke for President in 2020, passed a bill to deport anyone who wasn't white, Christian, or male; plotted Trump's assassination, and all ran campaign ads about how they ate human flesh at klan rallies.

I assume this is just Cooks or Sabatos ratings but with every non-safe seat going D? If so PA-14 is shouldn't be D, the only reason cook leaves it as likely R is because they never move safe pickups off of the board, so it is easy to see that they are safe pickups. I also think the Cleveland district, PA-04, and CA-46 are mistakenly colored red.

Personally if I was creating a absolute best map, it would not include MO-02 and include OK-05.
Yeah, I just took Cook's ratings and had every seat that isn't rated as Safe R go D. and you're right about the three miscolored districts, they should of course be blue.

I assume the map would be even bluer if every GOP Congressman was caught saying the n-word, endorsing David Duke for President in 2020, passed a bill to deport anyone who wasn't white, Christian, or male; plotted Trump's assassination, and all ran campaign ads about how they ate human flesh at klan rallies.
But still, I think not completely Blue. :)

Bad Company

Banned
Democrats win all 50 states.

genusmap.php

Calculated by applying a 23.15% swing from 2016, the percentage it would take to carry Wyoming. The PV margin is 71.17% - 22.78% for the curious.

Democrats win all 50 states.

genusmap.php

Calculated by applying a 23.15% swing from 2016, the percentage it would take to carry Wyoming. The PV margin is 71.17% - 22.78% for the curious.
I think I'll work on a county map for this... Do you have a rough idea of how many counties Clinton would've won here?

Bad Company

Banned
What would the % shares in NE-03 be?

Something like 52/42 Trump or so. I'd have to check the CDs to know for certain.

I think I'll work on a county map for this... Do you have a rough idea of how many counties Clinton would've won here?

Not off the back of my hand, but I think she would certainly win a majority here. The major centers of Republican strength would be in blood red areas of the South and Plains.

Alabama's Congressional Delegation
Bethea Method AL 5-4.PNG

There are currently nine congressmen from Alabama after the 2020 congressional election. They are elected form one, four member district, and one five member district and elected by ranked voting. A member is granted to a state for each 550,000 people who live in it. Representatives are listed in order of votes they received last election.

1st District; R+25

R-Mike Rogers 2003-Present
R-Mo Brooks 2011-Present
R-Williams Holtzclaw 2021-Present
D-Craig Ford 2019-Present

2nd Districts; R+6
R-Martha Roby 2011-Present
D-Terri Sewell 2011-Present
D-Tabitha Isner 2019-Present
R-Todd Strange 2021-Present
D-Jerome Dees 2017-Present

1964 as a close election:

genusmap.php

whXM03S.jpg

Lyndon B. Johnson (D-TX)/Hubert Humphrey (D-MN) 51.05% popular vote, 301 electoral votes
Barry Goldwater (R-AZ)/William Miller (R-NY) 48.47% popular vote, 237 electoral votes

Last edited:
1964 as a close election:

genusmap.php

whXM03S.jpg

Lyndon B. Johnson (D-TX)/Hubert Humphrey (D-MN) 51.05% popular vote, 301 electoral votes
Barry Goldwater (R-AZ)/William Miller (R-NY) 48.47% popular vote, 237 electoral votes

Interesting. You subtracted 10% from Johnson and gave 10% to Goldwater. Johnson wins all the states where he got more then 60% of the vote in real life, and with those states, he still wins.

Status
Not open for further replies.