The Anglo/American - Nazi War

Status
Not open for further replies.

SsgtC

Banned
I think it's more that when one thinks of Freedom Party and AH, one thinks of the one from Timeline 191 first, you know the Confederate equivalent of the Nazi party

That tends to throw people for a loop
I forgot about that. I started reading that series, couldn't even finish the first book.

Anyways, if the A4 somehow developed tech to travel to other universes and the first univeese they found was Kaiserreich, what would happen next? The A4 giving advanced tech to the Syndies and Russians like candy?

I forgot about that. I started reading that series, couldn't even finish the first book.
IMO the next three books are the peak of the series, which goes downhill rapidly from there, actually reread those while won't touch How Few Remain again, don't really need to read it to enjoy the Great War trilogy

Anyways, if the A4 somehow developed tech to travel to other universes and the first univeese they found was Kaiserreich, what would happen next? The A4 giving advanced tech to the Syndies and Russians like candy?

Or better yet, the Man in the High Castle series.

the A4 would have a lot of interest in that.

But I think our world would be the one that would leave them in tears the most.

CalBear

Donor
Monthly Donor
Freedom Party? What the fuck?
The Freedom Party started out as a local party in Western Alaska. Very pro defense, strong support for the Space program since it is critical to the military (in more ways than one). It has chipped off some conservative support, from both Major parties, but generally is closer to the Democrats (Freedom Senators caucus with the Democrats on most issues). The GOP is a little too eager to cut spending for top tier tax relief, even if that means a smaller defense budget, or less support for "dual use" things like mag-lev tech. There is also a relatively new Liberal Democrat Party, based mainly in New England, that wants tax cuts, in a major way, and huge cuts in defense to increase "social spending", they are the ying to Freedom's yang, although even the Liberal Democrats would fall close into the center in today's U.S. political landscape.

CalBear

Donor
Monthly Donor
Why? Because of the state of Europe (and the sane China which seeks world domination through gold, not germs)?
While they would find a lot of things bothersome IOTL, the idea that Europe wasn't utterly destroyed, that Jews effectively ceased to exist on the European Mainland, that eastern Europe was reduced to a howling wasteland, would be, in many ways, a miracle.

Many of the other things, like Da'esh style terrorism, would horrify them.

While they would find a lot of things bothersome IOTL, the idea that Europe wasn't utterly destroyed, that Jews effectively ceased to exist on the European Mainland, that eastern Europe was reduced to a howling wasteland, would be, in many ways, a miracle.

Many of the other things, like Da'esh style terrorism, would horrify them.

Also, a Japan that is a soft power center, and a not insane unified Germany, would also surprise them.

Out of curiosity, what is state and private surveillance like in this TL? On the one hand, there are far fewer despotisms or anything like OTL's post-1960s terrorism to create demand for it. OTOH, the A4's obsession with control coupled with its massive military-industrial complex could certainly create such incentives.

I am somewhat curious about national flags in this TL, especially those of the A4, India, Russia, and China. Do Canada and Australia still have the same flags as OTL (Canada may still have a variant of the Red Ensign, while Australia may have a less "British" flag)?

What is the status of Iceland, the Faroes and Greenland?

Finally, what is the state of Wahhabism like in this TL? I'll take it that with many other energy-rich areas available to the A4, coupled with greater advancements in alternative energy, nothing like OTL OPEC formed. Subsequently, the Gulf States (especially Saudi Arabia) wouldn't have become as rich.

Speaking of energy-rich areas, how is Venezuela doing?

Last edited:
Mine wasn’t as unrelentingly horrible as it sounds.

I was a graduate student in America in the early 1970s whose dissertation involved interviewing servicemen who refused to participate in the retaliatory strikes against Germany.

Also a question, if its been answered before I'd love a link, but what is West Alaska like? I mean culturally. Like do they still speak Russian or local languages, or are they English speaking? Is Vladivostok renamed?

EDIT: Found a post about West Alaska, although I still wonder about Vladivostok.

Last edited:
Had this thought while thinking about the state of espionage against the Reich between the Fall of Stalingrad and the St. Patricks Day Raids.

What happened to Ian Fleming?

Status
Not open for further replies.