Photos from Alternate Worlds

Status
Not open for further replies.
Campaign Posters for the 2020 Election of Senator Sheev Palpatine of the Renaissance Party of America (his running mate is decorated U.S. Army veteran, Darth A. Vader):

s-l1000.jpg

il_570xN.1136293838_hscm.jpg

2562316_0.jpg

palpatine.jpg

“Only together can we make America strong! The Democrats have failed us, the Republicans have failed us. Don’t you think it’s time for a change, true change? Now fulfill your destiny and bring about an American rebirth, an American Renaissance! Vote for Senator Sheev Palpatine and his Renaissance Party of America! For a safe and secure America, vote RPA today!”

palpatine_mosoly.jpg

“I, Sheev Palpatine, do solemnly swear that I will faithfully execute the Office of President of the United States, and will to the best of my Ability, preserve, protect and defend the Constitution of the United States."

– Palpatine takes the Oath of Office.
The Palpatine Campaign would win the presidential election and the RPA would wrestle complete control of both houses of Congress from the GOP. The first year under President Palpatine has been good and Congress has passed a new law that will ensure stability and prosperity for all Americans. But one year later, a dangerous challenge would present itself to the Palpatine administration....

Last edited:
2022: The Calexit-Texit Secessionist Crisis

latest

“It is with great reluctance that I have agreed to this calling. I love democracy...I love America. The power that Congress has given me I will lay down when this crisis has abated. And as my first act with this new authority, I will restructure the United States Army into a Grand Army of America to counter the increasing threats of the Californian and Texan Separatists. May God bless America and her People!”

– President Palpatine accepting the new broad sweeping executive powers that Congress has given him amidst the growing Calexit and Texit secessionist movements (which are believed to be masterminded by the two minority parties, the Democrats and GOP).

Joint_Session_of_Congress535.jpg

Congress during Palpatine’s speech accepting the new broad executive powers.

Palpatine’s Speech to the Nation after the Secessionist Crisis Passed (known as the “Birth of the Empire Speech”)

epis-2-2.jpg

“My fellow Americans, on this day we mark a transition for the nation. For two hundred and forty-two years, our beloved United States stood as the crowning achievement of civilisation and a beacon of liberty and hope to the world. We have survived as a nation and people through the War of 1812, the Civil War, World Wars One and Two, the Cold War, and the recent Calexit-Texit Crisis. But there were those who would set us against one another, to destroy everything we hold dear, but we took up arms to defend our way of life against them be they the Confederates, the Nazis, the Soviets, or most recently the Californian and Texan separatists. In so doing, we never suspected that the greatest threat came from within.

The Democrats and Republicans, along with some within our own Congress, had conspired to create the shadow of Separatism using two of their own as the enemies' leaders. They had hoped to grind America, and our cherished civil rights, into ruin. But the hatred in their hearts could not be hidden forever. At last, there came a day when our enemies showed their true natures.

The Democrats and Republicans hoped to bring down the USA by assassinating the head of government and usurping control of the Grand Army and the Congress. But the aims of would-be tyrants were valiantly opposed by those without elitist corrupt autocratic thoughts. Our loyal soldiers contained the insurrection within the House of Representatives and quelled Democrat-GOP rebellions across the country.

The remaining Democrats and Republicans will be hunted down and defeated! Any collaborators will suffer the same fate. These have been trying times, but we as Americans have passed the test as we always have! In order to ensure our security, stability and continuing prosperity, the United States will be reorganized into a Great American Empire, for a safe and secure society, which I assure you will last for ten thousand years. It will be an Empire that will continue to be ruled by this august body and a wise just president chosen for life. An Empire ruled by the people and for the people, guided by a new constitution! Good night and may god bless America.”

Last edited:
Man, have I not visited this classic thread in a long time. :happyblush

You know what crossed my mind recently, when stumbling upon this POD ? Making some hand-drawn illustrations for A. C. Doyle's The Lost World, with up-to-date versions of prehistoric fauna. Maybe a tall order, but something I wouldn't mind attempting. :) (Pity the novel does not feature dromaeosaurs of any kind. I'd love depicting those, coat of feathers and all.)

latest

Prime Minister Lord James S. Dooku of the United Kingdom and founder of the Britannia Union Party.

Grand_Moff_Tarkin.png

The Right Honourable Defence Secretary Wilhuff Tarkin, Prime Minister Dooku’s Secretary of State for Defence.

latest

General Sir Maximilian Veers, Dooku’s Chief of the Defence Staff.​

Last edited:
17A6BFD5-A720-4556-A8BF-6A1946E76BA3.jpeg
One of my grandfather’s - was going through a load of his papers today looking for pension information. Not much of that - lots of what looks like AH.

925A3EE2-CAA7-40F9-BC83-E09497C19AFC.jpeg
Here is another one. This is obviously AH but with real people. Was on the back of a restaurant menu card!

I remember my grandmother talking about one of the (real) players here who she knew when I showed her him in a book.
‘What was he like?’
“He used to take his trousers off all the time.”

He played for Manchester Utd IRL and then our local club IRL.

I was too young to figure out if she meant literally or in the figurative sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.