Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m ambivalent at best with that song. I’ve never physically cringed when listening to a song before I listened to that. Not even Nickelback illicted that reaction from me. Though, regardless of that song’s quality, Youngstown’s “I’ll Be Your Everything” wouldn’t be on TTL’s soundtrack because the only adult female in the movie went from love interest to concerned sibling.

For whatever reason I though Adams died shortly after making the OTL movie. My mistake. I should have researched better. I just wanted it released earlier so we could read about it sooner. Plus if it succeeds we could possibly have Adams do a second movie in ‘99.

What do you think the side-effects of John K’s car chase/suicide would have on animation? Nothing good, I imagine.

Sorry about your physical discomfort. I grew up in the era of songs like that and I pretty much cut my baby teeth on them. Still, as they say, there's no accounting for taste. At least, on my part. :p Besides, movie executives would still be clambering for a boyband on their soundtrack no matter what TL and better this than Youngstown IMO.

I understand your reasoning but there's also the age of the actors to consider. 28-year-old Filion makes a much more convincing divorcee than a 25 or 26 one. + 31-year-old Jackman makes a much more convincing husband and father. to a 12-13 year old kid

As for John K's suicide, I'd like to think that Disney would do all it could to try and lessen the impact. (Along with Mr Rogers, of course.) But, let's face it. This is the 90s. No doubt there would be a kind of ''cult of personality'' springing up after his death, so no doubt it would inspire others to imitate his art with their own. Plus if he dies like that now, the mystery of what happened to that girl remains...just that. Perhaps forever.

Sorry about your physical discomfort. I grew up in the era of songs like that and I pretty much cut my baby teeth on them. Still, as they say, there's no accounting for taste. At least, on my part. :p Besides, movie executives would still be clambering for a boyband on their soundtrack no matter what TL and better this than Youngstown IMO.

I understand your reasoning but there's also the age of the actors to consider. 28-year-old Filion makes a much more convincing divorcee than a 25 or 26 one. + 31-year-old Jackman makes a much more convincing husband and father. to a 12-13 year old kid

As for John K's suicide, I'd like to think that Disney would do all it could to try and lessen the impact. (Along with Mr Rogers, of course.) But, let's face it. This is the 90s. No doubt there would be a kind of ''cult of personality'' springing up after his death, so no doubt it would inspire others to imitate his art with their own. Plus if he dies like that now, the mystery of what happened to that girl remains...just that. Perhaps forever.

Fair enough. I’ll still have my personal displeasure regarding that song in particular noted.

Again, fair enough. Maybe the sequel just has a cameo from a retired Chief Quimby.

Hopefully not too many people imitate the “Ren and Stimpy” art style too long. There were too many gross-out cartoons in OTL without a public flame-out like this.

Maybe there could be a biopic made about the mysterious events surrounding the girl and the events leading up to the car chase and (presumed) suicide.

John K on the Run Part III
Also, who else thinks that John K's police chase is going to end with a suicide? If it does, I'm sorry to say that there's gonna be a lot of people painting him as a tortured artist and a ''victim'' of police persecution.

I think suicide will only make John a saint in the eyes of those who defended him IOTL till that Buzzfeed article came out. Somehow, I'll find a way for this chase to end without anyone getting seriously hurt. The biopic could see theatres around the 2010's, unless there was a way to make it into a Lifetime Original Movie.

hqdefault.jpg

Larry King: "Right now, let's pick up the phone and talk to Danny Abbott. He's a 38 year old British expatriate who has been working for Disney since '88. He recently succeeded stage and screen legend Michael Gough as the voice of Jedi master Sheev Palpatine in Star Wars: Dark Empire. Hello Dan."

Abbott [on the phone; Southampton/Hampshire accent]: "Hello Larry."

King: "You've worked with John K before?"

Abbott: "Yes. That was in 1985 while I worked for Gemini."

King: "What was he like?"

Abbott: "He was actually very abrasive, obnoxious, and cruel."

King: "What were you guys working on at the time?"

Abbott: "We were on the storyboard phase of Jem and the Holograms. John boarded up this whole sequence of Jerrica sauntering in circles, delivering a monologue in her underpants. He wanted to put it at the very beginning of the picture, before Jerrica's father dies. I was there with Larry Houston along with the Lewalds, Eric and Julia, listening in on this pitch and everyone else on the writing staff, myself included, knew right away that scene alone was enough to cost us our G rating. John looked at us like we were too uppity for his liking, and then proceeded to throw a huge fit and verbally abuse Julia for calling him out."

King: "Did things get physical?"

Abbott: "John had his hand cocked like he was about to punch Julia, but Eric and I managed to restrain John before he had a chance."

King: "How did MCA handle the situation."

Abbott: "John resigned before MCA had a chance to discipline him. We found out later that he took off to work for Trump. Eric and I got off with a two week suspension. So basically, Sean Daniel, who was our advocate on the Universal board, tried to cover it up, which in turn led to Wasserman, whom we called 'Sweet Lew' to give Sean his walking papers."

King: "What would you say to John K today?"

Abbott: "I would tell the bloody bastard that if he was as passionate for animation as he claims to be, I would tell him to pull over, release the girl, and give himself up."

King: "If you are just joining us, police are now saying John Kricfalusi is in the back seat having taken the missing girl hostage. The driver is said to be another Trump Manhattan employee, but we don't know as yet who that could possibly be."

Well, that's the end of John K and his legacy. Still, at least he was stopped. I'm not up to snuff on OTL's history, btw. Could it be possible that K did something like this IRL?

Also, Gadget movie. I'm thinking about Composers. How does everyone feel about the idea of Hans Zimmer doing the OST?

I'm now imagining a Ryan Murphy FX show based around John K.

That could be an idea. Not sure if there would be FX without the regular Fox though. Maybe someone else takes FX's slot ITTL.

Well, that's the end of John K and his legacy. Still, at least he was stopped. I'm not up to snuff on OTL's history, btw. Could it be possible that K did something like this IRL?

Also, Gadget movie. I'm thinking about Composers. How does everyone feel about the idea of Hans Zimmer doing the OST?

Zimmer would be nice. By '99 you still have James Horner, John Debney, John Ottman, Alan Silvestri and Jerry Goldsmith too.

That could be an idea. Not sure if there would be FX without the regular Fox though. Maybe someone else takes FX's slot ITTL.

Zimmer would be nice. By '99 you still have James Horner, John Debney, John Ottman, Alan Silvestri and Jerry Goldsmith too.

That's a lot of choices. Perhaps we could have a collab between Zimmer and Debney? I think they'd go well together.

@Igeo654 Chase is still on BTW. John is inching closer to Albany.

I see him getting as far as Hell's Kitchen in NYC before being caught.

Last edited:

Since Robert Rodriguez is already directing the film, he should do the OST too. He directs, produces, writes, composes, and edits his own films; pretty much the closest thing to a renaissance man in the film industry right now.

Since Robert Rodriguez is already directing the film, he should do the OST too. He directs, produces, writes, composes, and edits his own films; pretty much the closest thing to a renaissance man in the film industry right now.

What about Dusk Till Dawn and Sin City? They had separate composers, producers and in most cases writers, why not this one? At any rate, when Rodreguez tries to do everything himself it usually turns out poorly. It's better to have things spread out, IMO.

John K caught and missing girl found
1HY0248_006_lt.jpg

DAN RATHER:
"If you're just joining us, John Kricfalusi has been a fugitive from justice for the last three days. Today, he is leading New York state police on a low speed chase going northbound on Interstate 87 having reached Albany at about 2:30 Eastern time. The Mounted Police in Canada were alerted hours ago that Kricfalusi may try to flee to Quebec, and right now, Canadian authorities have the border sealed off. The mayor of Albany has declared a state of emergency, urging residents to stay home and off the roads for the duration of the chase."

olbermann-90s.jpg

KEITH OLBERMANN:
"Because of the John Kricfalusi situation unfolding in Albany, New York, this afternoon, the city's mayor has declared a state of emergency effectively putting the city on lockdown."

DAN PATRICK:
"And because of that state of emergency, the Albany Firebirds, the city's Arena Football franchise has told ESPN they would reschedule tonight's game against the Atlantic City Sharks at Knickerbocker Arena for the following Tuesday night."

hqdefault.jpg
eric-and-julia-lewald.jpg

PETER JENNINGS:
"Julia Lewald is now joining us on the phone. Hi Julia."

JULIA LEWALD:
"Hi Peter. Can you hear me?"

JENNINGS:
"Loud and clear."

LEWALD:
"Thanks."

JENNINGS:
"What can you tell us about John Kricfalusi at this time?"

LEWALD:
"Eric and I did indeed work with him at Gemini on Jem and the Holograms eleven years ago, as Danny Abbott mentioned to Larry King."

JENNINGS:
"Now, Abbott described, as I understand, a physical altercation over a storyboard that John drew up."

LEWALD:
"Correct. John did in fact, as Danny said, storyboard a scene of Jerrica talking to herself and pacing back and forth in her underwear. He wanted to have that particular scene be placed at the beginning before the dad gets killed. I stood up and calmly told John: 'Listen up pal, this film is being marketed towards very, very young girls about six to twelve years old. Has that ever occurred to you? Do you realize how many angry moms, dads, grandparents, etc would boycott Hasbro or Universal if this scene were included in the film? This scene is not only stupid and pointless, but it also adds nothing to the plot.' That's when John's face turned red like a tomato. He punched the water cooler hard enough to spill the water all over the floor. He then started screaming at me to the point of tears and started winding up like he was gonna attack me. Eric and Danny then got out of their chairs and wrestled John to the ground. Security had to physically drag John out of MCA Tower in handcuffs. For the rest of that day, I had staff members asking me if I was ok and I'd just tell them 'Yeah, I'm fine.'"

1963.jpg

MCA Tower: Home of Gemini Animation.

JENNINGS:
"What happened afterwards?"

LEWALD:
"As Eric and I were walking to our car, we found John standing in the middle of Lankershim still screaming obscenities at the top of his lungs and the studio police had to be called. About a week or so later, we found out he had flown to New York to work for Trump."

CHv1Qf-UAAAg6Lp.jpg

***NBC CHIMES***
***The Mission Part IV***

BRIAN WILLIAMS:
"This is Brian Williams in New York. It is now 6:09 Eastern time. John Kricfalusi has just surrendered in front of East Capitol Park on Eagle Street and Washington Avenue, and is now in the custody of the Albany PD. The driver has been identified as fellow Trump Manhattan staff member Eddie Fitzgerald. The missing 15 year old is safe and sound."

82555772-new-york-state-capitol-building-from-east-capitol-park-in-albany-new-york.jpg

East Capitol Park, facing the NY State Capitol.

1HY0248_006_lt.jpg

DAN RATHER:
"If you're just joining us, John Kricfalusi has been a fugitive from justice for the last three days. Today, he is leading New York state police on a low speed chase going northbound on Interstate 87 having reached Albany at about 2:30 Eastern time. The Mounted Police in Canada were alerted hours ago that Kricfalusi may try to flee to Quebec, and right now, Canadian authorities have the border sealed off. The mayor of Albany has declared a state of emergency, urging residents to stay home and off the roads for the duration of the chase."

olbermann-90s.jpg

KEITH OLBERMANN:
"Because of the John Kricfalusi situation unfolding in Albany, New York, this afternoon, the city's mayor has declared a state of emergency effectively putting the city on lockdown."

DAN PATRICK:
"And because of that state of emergency, the Albany Firebirds, the city's Arena Football franchise has told ESPN they would reschedule tonight's game against the Atlantic City Sharks at Knickerbocker Arena for the following Tuesday night."

hqdefault.jpg
eric-and-julia-lewald.jpg

PETER JENNINGS:
"Julia Lewald is now joining us on the phone. Hi Julia."

JULIA LEWALD:
"Hi Peter. Can you hear me?"

JENNINGS:
"Loud and clear."

LEWALD:
"Thanks."

JENNINGS:
"What can you tell us about John Kricfalusi at this time?"

LEWALD:
"Eric and I did indeed work with him at Gemini on Jem and the Holograms eleven years ago, as Danny Abbott mentioned to Larry King."

JENNINGS:
"Now, Abbott described, as I understand, a physical altercation over a storyboard that John drew up."

LEWALD:
"Correct. John did in fact, as Danny said, storyboard a scene of Jerrica talking to herself and pacing back and forth in her underwear. He wanted to have that particular scene be placed at the beginning before the dad gets killed. I stood up and calmly told John: 'Listen up pal, this film is being marketed towards very, very young girls about six to twelve years old. Has that ever occurred to you? Do you realize how many angry moms, dads, grandparents, etc would boycott Hasbro or Universal if this scene were included in the film? This scene is not only stupid and pointless, but it also adds nothing to the plot.' That's when John's face turned red like a tomato. He punched the water cooler hard enough to spill the water all over the floor. He then started screaming at me to the point of tears and started winding up like he was gonna attack me. Eric and Danny then got out of their chairs and wrestled John to the ground. Security had to physically drag John out of MCA Tower in handcuffs. For the rest of that day, I had staff members asking me if I was ok and I'd just tell them 'Yeah, I'm fine.'"

1963.jpg

MCA Tower: Home of Gemini Animation.

JENNINGS:
"What happened afterwards?"

LEWALD:
"As Eric and I were walking to our car, we found John standing in the middle of Lankershim still screaming obscenities at the top of his lungs and the studio police had to be called. About a week or so later, we found out he had flown to New York to work for Trump."

CHv1Qf-UAAAg6Lp.jpg

***NBC CHIMES***
***The Mission Part IV***

BRIAN WILLIAMS:
"This is Brian Williams in New York. It is now 6:09 Eastern time. John Kricfalusi has just surrendered in front of East Capitol Park on Eagle Street and Washington Avenue, and is now in the custody of the Albany PD. The driver has been identified as fellow Trump Manhattan staff member Eddie Fitzgerald. The missing 15 year old is safe and sound."

82555772-new-york-state-capitol-building-from-east-capitol-park-in-albany-new-york.jpg

East Capitol Park, facing the NY State Capitol.

This will go down in history as the darkest day in animation history. All the same, Navy, I for one would love to hear John K's twisted opinions on the Jem situation. I know I probably shouldn't, but I think it might be fun seeing a Psycho try to justify his actions that day.

I've also been thinking about some more Gadget lore. For instance, how about having a graphic scene where Claw is ripping gadget apart, taunting him and pointing out how ''useless'' he is. How he's essentially a worthless idiot and how everyone would be better off if he had been killed in the explosion. After Penny and Brain save him, he slags them off, angrily telling them to keep away from him for his own good. Penny tells Dr Bradford about the situation and she finds her brother in this seedy bar downtown, drinking gin mixed with Kerosene, as it's the only way for him to get the least bit buzzed. They have this back and forth conversation about how he needs to get off his ass and save Metro City from Nega-Gadget. Instead, John goes off on this tirade about how worthless he sees himself as, how incompetent he sees himself, how much of a joke he believes he is, how he can't see the crooks around him, making him useless as a crimefighter and how he's still just a dumb, sheltered kid with a nasally voice playing cops and robbers in the backyard. (I have this idea where in a much earlier scene, Gadget and Bradford' childhoods are shown briefly, Sleepy Hollow style. Basically showing that John was very much sheltered and doted over by his overprotective parents, who saw him as weaker and fragile, due to being born half a month early, which explains his naive, somewhat incompetent nature as a whole.)

It all culminates with the Doc theorising that her brother's main weakness could also be his biggest strength, telling him that the city needs him and so does penny and encouraging him to at least try. Sometime later, after dispatching of Nega-Gadget in a fit of heroic anger, he storms the M.A.D. Building, deliberately bumbling his way through, while Penny helps out by screwing with the HQ's electronics. Ultimately, Penny gets caught and Eventually Gadget, Bradford and Brain rescue here. However, Claw and a number of his higher-ups escape on this Cyberpunk Helicopter, just as the building implodes and the three escape. The family celebrates but gadget feels somewhat down about Claw's escape, but Penny assures him that all will be well; Calling him ''Uncle Gadget'' for the first time as the press and Quimby swarm the area.

The movie ends a few months later with John and Penny sitting around their house. After a call on the Gadget Phone, they find Quimby in the Fridge and he gives them two messages. The first is from John's ex, who we see is now living alone as she writes it. She tells John how wrong she was and how proud she is of him, but also says she can't get back together again because he deserves better than her. She also says that and Penny have agreed to change their last names to Gadget legally and hopes that one day, John can find it in his heart to forgive her. Which John does, as he's come to accept that his bumbling nature will always be a part of him. After telling Gadget how proud he is, Quimby gives Gadget the other message. One that says that s group of terrorists are planning on blowing up the Theater District of the city and whats more, agents with the old M.A.D corporate logo have been spotted near the area. Oneself destructing message gag later and Gadget steps out of his house, flying away on his Gadget-Copter...while bumping into several lamposts along the way, Penny and Brain decide to follow him in the Gadgetmobile using autopilot, and the film end on a shot of them chasing Gadget towards the city with the final notes of the Inspector Gadget theme playing, before suddenly cutting to black and the credits.

In an after credits scene, we see Claw, sitting in a chair in a dark, underground room with flickering lights, looking at a newspaper clipping of gadget in front of him. We don't see his face, but we do hear his voice and his catchphrase.

''I'll get you next time, Gadget! Next time! Raaaaaaooooow!

Last edited:
@Igeo654

Any thoughts on maybe Keith David playing Dr Claw?

I think we reached an agreement where David would do the voice of claw, via cybernetic throat/voice changer, while McDowell would play the more human side of him. Also, given the nature of Claw's upgrades, we'd see subtle hints that Scolex isn't really a nice guy or all human. So subtle, it'd take internet reviewers on YouTube years later and obsessed fans to point them all out.

So, K's caught. What happens now?

Last edited:

After his arrest, John K appeared on the cover of Time Magazine with the image below accompanied by the headline: "YOU SICK LITTLE MONKEY!"
JohnK-PR-pic-1-1410x500.jpg

Nickelodeon immediately removed Ren and Stimpy from rotation.

The Ren and Stimpy movie was pulled from theatres.

Toys R Us and other retailers pulled Ren and Stimpy merchandise off their shelves.

Stay tuned for more details.​

There isn't going to be a wet eye anywhere on either side of the border. Also, people might try to take steps to stop the contagion by keeping anyone too closely associated with him at arm's length.

I think we reached an agreement where David would do the voice of claw, via cybernetic throat/voice changer, while McDowell would play the more human side of him. Also, given the nature of Claw's upgrades, we'd see subtle hints that Scolex isn't really a nice guy or all human. So subtle, it'd take internet reviewers on YouTube years later and obsessed fans to point them all out.

Maybe while his “Sanford Scolex” persona is perfectly polite and friendly there’d be subtle hints that something wasn’t quite right about him. Like him having a strange facial tick or an oddly twitching hand*. It’d be ambiguous just how much of him is still flesh and blood.

*it’s obvious that Claw would be smart enough to not wear the big menacing claw hand in his public persona.

Whats going happen to the Family Channel. I doubt that Fox would buy them ttl , they don't own an animation studio ATL to my knowledge. Perhaps We get ABC Family early. I feel that ABC would like a cable channel to show case Hanabara shows.

Whats going happen to the Family Channel. I doubt that Fox would buy them ttl , they don't own an animation studio ATL to my knowledge. Perhaps We get ABC Family early. I feel that ABC would like a cable channel to show case Hanabara shows.

The Family Channel has already been sold to ABC.

Status
Not open for further replies.