Status
Not open for further replies.
I have the horrible feeling someone's going to make a name for himself writing a tell-all about about John K. Said someone is currently pitching a concept about an eleven year old boy and his ten sisters to every studio in town.

@PaulJones202718 The one guy I think would do a book of such nature would be Thad Komorowski.

Here is Chris Savino's pitch schedule...

Cartoon Network: July 22
Disney: July 29
Screen Gems: August 5
Warner Bros: August 12
Gemini: August 19
Hanna-Barbera: August 26
Fox: September 2
Nelvana: September 9
Ruby Spears: September 16

On July 15, 1996, MSNBC launched in 24,000 households with the goal of reaching a younger, tech savvier viewership. In its early years, MSNBC would serve as a precursor for the intertwining of TV and internet that has become commonplace in the present. The network launched as a joint venture between NBC, (a division of The Walt Disney Company) and Microsoft, hence the initials. Among its first programs was The Site, a half hour program devoted to the promise of the internet making an impact in the coming years.

Just two days after the launch, the John Kricfalusi story broke, forcing the channel to waive its initial concept till the news cycle wore off.

TWA Flight 800 was butterflied in case anyone's wondering.

@Goldwind2 Jack in the Box is owned by PepsiCo ITTL.​
Got any ideas for other fast food joints Trump could buy

I like the idea of Trump buying A&W or Hardees for the purposes of putting them into the Worlds of Wonder theme parks. Expanding upon that, I’m imagining that the future theme parks would have a land based off of 50’s Americana. Because of the fact that Trump grew up in the 50’s, so a land based off of that era would be his version of Disney’s Main Street USA. I’ve actually got two ideas for attractions there.
  • A&W/Hardees Diner: A restaurant themed after the era’s diners. Patrons could eat in the restaurant or sit in outdoor booths modelled after 50’s cars.
  • Terror at the Cinema!: A motion simulator ride where the cheesy 50’s B horror movie becomes all too real. It’d be built into a replica of the movie theatre from the original Blob movie.

John K on the Run Part II
BREAKING NEWS ALERT!
JULY 19, 1996
The major news networks interrupt lunchtime programming...

latest

VO [Wendell Craig]:
This is a CBS Special Report with Dan Rather. "Drawing the Line."

hqdefault.jpg

RATHER:
"A day that could go down as one of the darkest days in the history of the animation business is about to unfold throughout the afternoon and into the night. Just mere days after Ren and Stimpy creator John Kricfalusi was named a person of interest in the abduction of a 15 year old girl in upstate New York, he is now leading state police on a low speed chase. A local news helicopter spotted Kricfalusi leaving Tarrytown and turning on to the interstate, presumably headed towards his native Quebec..."

hqdefault.jpg

*NBC CHIMES*
*"The Mission Part IV" by John Williams*

hqdefault.jpg

TOM BROKAW:
"Good afternoon from New York. I'm Tom Brokaw. Here's our breaking news story at this half hour, Ren and Stimpy creator John Kricfalusi was named a person of interest earlier this week in the disappearance of a New Rochelle teenager back in June. Today, NBC News has learned from Reuters and a local news helicopter that Kricfalusi has taken the freeways out of Tarrytown and is currently leading state police on a low speed chase northbound on Interstate 87..."

latest

*ABC NEWS THEME*
VO [Ernie Anderson]:
This is an ABC News Special Report. Here's Peter Jennings.

hqdefault.jpg

JENNINGS:
"Good afternoon. Reuters and a few other sources are reporting that cartoonist John Kricfalusi, the man behind the Ren and Stimpy cartoon franchise is right now leading New York state troopers on a low speed chase. Kricfalusi, earlier this week was named by Westchester County's District Attorney as a person of interest in connection to a missing child case in New Rochelle. A news helicopter spotted Kricfalusi taking Interstate 287 out of Tarrytown and is now trying to evade capture traveling northbound on Interstate 87..."

photos.medleyphoto.7420564.jpg

WOLF BLITZER:
"If you have kids who like Ren and Stimpy, you may want to step away from the TV right now. Creator John Kricfalusi, as you may have already heard, was named a person of interest on Tuesday by the District Attorney for Westchester County, New York, in connection to a 15 year old girl reported missing from New Rochelle. Today, Reuters received a tip that Kricfalusi is leading state troopers on a low speed chase traveling northbound on Interstate 87 towards Albany. Lets get the live picture right now..."​

BREAKING NEWS ALERT!
JULY 19, 1996
The major news networks interrupt lunchtime programming...

latest

VO [Wendell Craig]:
This is a CBS Special Report with Dan Rather. "Drawing the Line."

hqdefault.jpg

RATHER:
"A day that could go down as one of the darkest days in the history of the animation business is about to unfold throughout the afternoon and into the night. Just mere days after Ren and Stimpy creator John Kricfalusi was named a person of interest in the abduction of a 15 year old girl in upstate New York, he is now leading state police on a low speed chase. A local news helicopter spotted Kricfalusi leaving Tarrytown and turning on to the interstate, presumably headed towards his native Quebec..."

hqdefault.jpg

*NBC CHIMES*
*"The Mission Part IV" by John Williams*

hqdefault.jpg

TOM BROKAW:
"Good afternoon from New York. I'm Tom Brokaw. Here's our breaking news story at this half hour, Ren and Stimpy creator John Kricfalusi was named a person of interest earlier this week in the disappearance of a New Rochelle teenager back in June. Today, NBC News has learned from Reuters and a local news helicopter that Kricfalusi has taken the freeways out of Tarrytown and is currently leading state police on a low speed chase northbound on Interstate 87..."

latest

*ABC NEWS THEME*
VO [Ernie Anderson]:
This is an ABC News Special Report. Here's Peter Jennings.

hqdefault.jpg

JENNINGS:
"Good afternoon. Reuters and a few other sources are reporting that cartoonist John Kricfalusi, the man behind the Ren and Stimpy cartoon franchise is right now leading New York state troopers on a low speed chase. Kricfalusi, earlier this week was named by Westchester County's District Attorney as a person of interest in connection to a missing child case in New Rochelle. A news helicopter spotted Kricfalusi taking Interstate 287 out of Tarrytown and is now trying to evade capture traveling northbound on Interstate 87..."

photos.medleyphoto.7420564.jpg

WOLF BLITZER:
"If you have kids who like Ren and Stimpy, you may want to step away from the TV right now. Creator John Kricfalusi, as you may have already heard, was named a person of interest on Tuesday by the District Attorney for Westchester County, New York, in connection to a 15 year old girl reported missing from New Rochelle. Today, Reuters received a tip that Kricfalusi is leading state troopers on a low speed chase traveling northbound on Interstate 87 towards Albany. Lets get the live picture right now..."​

Imagine The Day the Music died; multiply and square that by 10..... this is what you get

Here is the Tappan Zee Bridge over the Hudson River, looking west from Tarrytown. The bridge John K has crossed to get on to Interstate 87 on his low speed chase. Stay tuned for further details.
1920px-TappanZeeBridgeFromBelow.JPG

What year would you like the live action Inspector Gadget to be released? I might still have Youngstown headline the soundtrack unless there's someone better you guys would prefer.

I'd like the film to be set in 99, same as OTL. A few pages back I suggested that the British boyband Five should take Youngstown's place as the Soundtrack's headliners with what is essentially a ''hidden Track'' IOTL that may very well become a hit in this one. I'll repost it here for you to see it.

As I said before, I think this one has more of an edge to it, while still being a hell of a lot of fun, and in my opinion, is the more enjoyable of the two songs. Plus like the movie IOTL, it came out in 99. Sorry, Abe. I know you said 97, but Adams did die in 2005 IOTL. That's about 6 years off from his death and 99's 2 years from 97. Do you think he could still do the role anyway? I don't know myself, that's why I'm asking.

Also, who else thinks that John K's police chase is going to end with a suicide? If it does, I'm sorry to say that there's gonna be a lot of people painting him as a tortured artist and a ''victim'' of police persecution.

Also, about Savino's pitch? Why not have him go to Disney? He'd be out of trouble there and they'd be able to rehabilitate him a lot easier.

Last edited:
I'd like the film to be set in 99, same as OTL. A few pages back I suggested that the British boyband Five should take Youngstown's place as the Soundtrack's headliners with what is essentially a ''hidden Track'' IOTL that may very well become a hit in this one. I'll repost it here for you to see it.

As I said before, I think this one has more of an edge to it, while still being a hell of a lot of fun, and in my opinion, is the more enjoyable of the two songs. Plus like the movie IOTL, it came out in 99. Sorry, Abe. I know you said 97, but Adams did die in 2005 IOTL. That's about 6 years off from his death and about 2 years from 97. Do you think he could still do the role anyway? I don't know myself, that's why I'm asking.

Also, who else thinks that John K's police chase is going to end with a suicide? If it does, I'm sorry to say that there's gonna be a lot of people painting him as a tortured artist and a ''victim'' of police persecution.

I’m ambivalent at best with that song. I’ve never physically cringed when listening to a song before I listened to that. Not even Nickelback illicted that reaction from me. Though, regardless of that song’s quality, Youngstown’s “I’ll Be Your Everything” wouldn’t be on TTL’s soundtrack because the only adult female in the movie went from love interest to concerned sibling.

For whatever reason I though Adams died shortly after making the OTL movie. My mistake. I should have researched better. I just wanted it released earlier so we could read about it sooner. Plus if it succeeds we could possibly have Adams do a second movie in ‘99.

What do you think the side-effects of John K’s car chase/suicide would have on animation? Nothing good, I imagine.

Status
Not open for further replies.