Status
Not open for further replies.
@OldNavy1988

I’m looking forward to a follow-up post later on showing how the various theme parks have been restored by the joint venture as well as the said joint venture officially adopting the name “Luna Parks”.

Between Bob Ross and Jim Henson surviving it seems that this is a timeline where nice guys finish first.

You know what’d be interesting? Bob Ross hosting a multi-part special on the History Channel on the history of art.

Is Coleco still around? Or Commodore? Is Hewlett-Packard still making computers?

It'd be so, frigging cool if Commodore was still in business. Imagine what they could create! Case in point...

Retail_with_logo.jpg

It'd change the hell out of All About the Pentiums though.

"You think your Coleco Adam is "Really Neato."
What kinda chip you got in there? A Dorito?"

Also, just a thought. How about instead of Scolex Industries, we have Scolex's company be called M.A.D Corp or something? It'd give Doug Walker one less thing to complain about at any rate. Also, how about making Artemus Bradford Brenda's Husband instead of her Dad? It'd give Penny something more to fight for at least. I'm seeing Hugh Jackman in that role.

Last edited:
TRUMP MANHATTAN ALL TIME BOX OFFICE GROSS

1. The Rock (1996)
2. The Greatest Showman (1995)
3. The Usual Suspects (1995)
4. Crimson Tide (1995)
5. Judge Dredd (1995)
6. While You Were Sleeping (1995)
7. Mr Holland's Opus (1995)
8. The Joy Luck Club (1993)
9. Encino Man (1992)
10. Cool World (1992)

Surprised Ren and Stimpy didn't outgross Cool World, considering how badly the latter was received ITTL (and IOTL).

HIGHEST GROSSING FILMS PER STUDIO AS OF 1996...

20TH CENTURY FOX
1. Independence Day (1996)
2. Home Alone (1990)
3. Speed (1994)
4. Clash of the Titans (1981)
5. The Sound of Music (1965)
6. The Chipmunk Adventure (1987)
7. The Cat in the Hat (1985)
8. Raising Arizona (1987)
9. Porky's (1982)
10. Fern Gully (1992)

ABC/HANNA-BARBERA/TOUCHSTONE
1. Stand By Me (1986)
2. When Harry Met Sally (1989)
3. The Mighty Ducks (1992)
4. The Flintstones (1994)
5. A Kid in King Arthur's Court (1995)
6. Now and Then (1995)
7. City Slickers (1991)
8. The American President (1995)
9. The Aristocats (1986)
10. The Flamingo Kid (1984)

COLUMBIA-TRISTAR
1. Superman and Batman: The World's Finest (1996)
2. Batman (1989)
3. Superman '91 (1991)
4. Ghostbusters (1984)
5. Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (1990)
6. Lawrence of Arabia (1962)
7. Monty Python and the Holy Grail (1975)
8. Easy Rider (1969)
9. From Here to Eternity (1953)
10. Mr Smith Goes to Washington (1939)

DISNEY/HYPERION
1. Star Wars: Dark Empire (1994)
2. Avengers: Infinity War (1996)
3. ET: The Extra Terrestrial (1982)
4. Back to the Future (1985)
5. Raiders of the Lost Ark (1981)
6. The Avengers (1990)
7. Beauty and the Beast (1991)
8. The Little Mermaid (1989)
9. Casper (1995)
10. Who Framed Roger Rabbit (1988)

GEFFEN
1. Interview with the Vampire (1994)
2. Toy Story (1995)
3. The Last Boy Scout (1991)
4. Risky Business (1983)
5. Hook (1991)
6. Outback Jake (1990)
7. My Neighbor Totoro (1992; import)
8. Little Shop of Horrors (1986)
9. Kiki's Delivery Service (1993; import)
10. We're Back: A Dinosaur's Story (1993)

GOLDWYN/SABAN
1. Mighty Morphin Power Rangers (1995)
2. Madeline (1988)
3. Animalia (1994)
4. The Thief and the Cobbler (1985; import)
5. Mystic Pizza (1988)
6. Gregory's Girl (1981; import)
7. La Femme Nikita (1991)
8. Swan Lake (1982; import)
9. The Golden Seal (1983)
10. Forbidden Zone (1980)

GRAND DIAMOND
1. Pulp Fiction (1994)
2. An American Tail (1986)
3. Child's Play (1988)
4. The Crow (1994)
5. Clerks (1994)
6. An American Tail: Fievel Goes West (1991)
7. Battle Beyond the Stars (1980)
8. The Amityville Horror (1979)
9. Hellraiser (1987)
10. Death Race 2000 (1975; New World)

HEMDALE FILM CORPORATION
1. Terminator vs RoboCop (1995)
2. Terminator 2: Judgement Day (1991)
3. Dances with Wolves (1990)
4. Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure (1989)
5. Amadeus (1984)
6. RoboCop (1986)
7. The Terminator (1984)
8. Silence of the Lambs (1991)
9. Rambo: First Blood Part II (1985)
10. Platoon (1986)

HENSON/NEW LINE
1. Predators vs Xenomorphs (1994)
2. The Mask (1994)
3. Mortal Kombat (1995)
4. The Dark Crystal (1982)
5. Muppets in Wonderland (1996)
6. A Nightmare on Elm Street (1984)
7. Xenomorphs (1986)
8. Predator (1987)
9. Dumb and Dumber (1994)
10. Xenomorph (1979)

PARAMOUNT PICTURES
1. The Godfather Part I (1972)
2. Mission Impossible (1996)
3. Star Trek III: The Common Enemy (1988)
4. Top Gun (1986)
5. Ghost (1990)
6. The Care Bears Movie (1985)
7. Airplane! (1980)
8. Forrest Gump (1994)
9. 48 Hrs (1983)
10. Charlotte's Web (1973)

RKO RADIO PICTURES
1. King Kong (1933)
2. Citizen Kane (1941)
3. Dirty Dancing (1987; Vestron)
4. Delta Force (1986; Cannon)
5. Ace Ventura When Nature Calls (1995)
6. Ace Ventura Pet Detective (1994)
7. The Secret of Bear Mountain (1995)
8. Bloodsport (1988; Cannon)
9. Earth Girls are Easy (1989; Vestron)
10. Lifeforce (1985; Vestron)

TURNER
1. GoldenEye (1995)
2. Rain Man (1988)
3. Thelma and Louise (1992)
4. Wonder Woman (1986)
5. Diamonds are Forever (1971)
6. 2001: A Space Odyssey (1968)
7. Rocky (1976)
8. Dr No (1962)
9. Gone with the Wind (1939)
10. The Wizard of Oz (1939)

UNIVERSAL PICTURES
1. Jurassic Park (1993)
2. Universal Monsters (1992)
3. Jaws (1975)
4. Dracula (1989)
5. The Mummy (1990)
6. My Little Pony (1988)
7. Frankenstein (1989)
8. Sixteen Candles (1985)
9. Dracula (1931)
10. Animal House (1978)

WARNER BROS
1. The Goonies (1985)
2. It: Chapter One (1990)
3. Gremlins (1984)
4. The Fugitive (1993)
5. Lethal Weapon (1987)
6. Gremlins (1984)
7. Unforgiven (1992)
8. In the Night Kitchen (1974)
9. Where the Wild Things Are (1977)
10. Casablanca (1942)

You forgot Grand Diamond and Trump

Throughout the summer of 1996, a joint venture purchased several abandoned or struggling amusement parks across the United States, hoping to give Disney, Paramount, Universal and Six Flags a run for their money. The venture has yet to adopt a permanent moniker but is a joint alliance between BET founder Bob Johnson, Bally Manufacturing and Circus Circus Enterprises. The parks this venture has acquired are listed below:

Idora Park (Youngstown, OH)
Pontchartrain Beach (New Orleans, LA)
Americana Park (Middletown, OH)
Rocky Glen Park (Moosic, PA)
Rocky Point Park (Warwick, RI)
Riverside Park (Agawam, MA)
Brickyard Park (formerly Riverside Amusement Park; Indianapolis, IN)
@Cl0wn_Dud3
PBS is doing OK. Bob Ross took a sabbatical to recover from a slight health scare.

Corporate raiders like Carl Icahn have their eye on Apple right now. Microsoft and NeXT have kicked Apple down to third since the mid 1980's.

Trump also has plans to buyout old parks and renovate them. Does anybody like the idea of Trump and Luna fighting for who would buy one of the 7 parks and Luna Park dropping their bid in exchange for Trump selling them Circus World. Also how about Funtime merging Trump Leisure or Cedarfair. I prefer the Trump option because Fun-time flagship Geago lake was purchased by Cedarfair otl and they closed it down. Can we an updated list of who owns what parks

It really musta been that bad. TBH, the only thing that could have made things more awkwardly infamous is if the two accusers had rushed the stage during the premiere.

With John K in New York and Robyn Byrd and Katie Rice living out west in Arizona, New Mexico or California, they don't come face to face with him ITTL. However, the district attorney for New Rochelle has recently named John a person of interest in another girl's disappearance from a high school near the Trump Manhattan Animation building.

With John K in New York and Robyn Byrd and Katie Rice living out west in Arizona, New Mexico or California, they don't come face to face with him ITTL. However, the district attorney for New Rochelle has recently named John a person of interest in another girl's disappearance from a high school near the Trump Manhattan Animation building.

I thought as much. This depresses me quite a bit. Only a while ago, John K was one of the most respected men in animation IOTL, helped to form so many childhoods and now, I don't know what to think. I can only imagine how this is going to turn out ITTL. Hopefully, the next major update will lighten my mood a bit once the time comes to discuss it. My sole hope right now is that George Takei will be given a pass ITTL given the Observer article clearing his name. Mainly so that his unfortunate encounter with Brunton didn't happen at all.

Last edited:
It'd be so, frigging cool if Commodore was still in business. Imagine what they could create! Case in point...

Retail_with_logo.jpg

It'd change the hell out of All About the Pentiums though.

"You think your Coleco Adam is "Really Neato."
What kinda chip you got in there? A Dorito?"

Also, just a thought. How about instead of Scolex Industries, we have Scolex's company be called M.A.D Corp or something? It'd give Doug Walker one less thing to complain about at any rate. Also, how about making Artemus Bradford Brenda's Husband instead of her Dad? It'd give Penny something more to fight for at least. I'm seeing Hugh Jackman in that role.

I imagine that Commodore could have a nice niche as the finest manufacturer of budget computers. Not cheap computers. Good, hard-working, and solid computers that the customer can buy without paying an arm and a leg. I’m imagining advertising evoking the image of a steadfast sailor because of that.

Two words and they don’t change the flow of the song.

If Claw’s organization is called M.A.D. and Scolex’s company is called M.A.D. someone’s going to put two and two together. Not everyone’s as oblivious as Gadget. And I had suggested the idea that the FBI/CIA were investigating Claw’s crimes. Unless people aren’t aware of M.A.D.’s less legal branch of operations.

It’d be a reason why Doctor Bradford isn’t Doctor Brown. Maybe they co-created the robotic tech and Claw still killed Artemus in obtaining it. Maybe he thought that Artemus was the sole creator because, as an old man, he’s somewhat sexist. Or, if you don’t want to kill off Jackman, “merely” hospitalized him. Maybe the accident that caused John Brown to need to be rebuilt as Inspector Gadget happened because Brown interrupted Claw’s attempt at assassinating Artemus.

I imagine that Commodore could have a nice niche as the finest manufacturer of budget computers. Not cheap computers. Good, hard-working, and solid computers that the customer can buy without paying an arm and a leg. I’m imagining advertising evoking the image of a steadfast sailor because of that.

Two words and they don’t change the flow of the song.

If Claw’s organization is called M.A.D. and Scolex’s company is called M.A.D. someone’s going to put two and two together. Not everyone’s as oblivious as Gadget. And I had suggested the idea that the FBI/CIA were investigating Claw’s crimes. Unless people aren’t aware of M.A.D.’s less legal branch of operations.

It’d be a reason why Doctor Bradford isn’t Doctor Brown. Maybe they co-created the robotic tech and Claw still killed Artemus in obtaining it. Maybe he thought that Artemus was the sole creator because, as an old man, he’s somewhat sexist. Or, if you don’t want to kill off Jackman, “merely” hospitalized him. Maybe the accident that caused John Brown to need to be rebuilt as Inspector Gadget happened because Brown interrupted Claw’s attempt at assassinating Artemus.

I was thinking more of about Commadore's Austrailian campaign in the late 80s or early 90s. Goes something like this.

I was thinking they could have a shortened version of that as their slogan and jingle like ''Are You Keeping Up?''

Maybe I should clarify. When I said that Claw's business front should be called mad, I was actually suggesting that his actual organisation should remain nameless. Sorta plays into the subtle ''dark and gritty'' aspect we're going for here. My idea is that M.A.D actually stands for ''Metro Advancements and Devices." Although if you'd like, you could make a tongue in cheek refenerence to the old acronym. And I do think that Artimus should die, but don't make him sexist. Have he and his wife be equals, it'd push away some old, unneeded cliches.

I was thinking more of about Commadore's Austrailian campaign in the late 80s or early 90s. Goes something like this.

I was thinking they could have a shortened version of that as their slogan and jingle like ''Are You Keeping Up?''

Maybe I should clarify. When I said that Claw's business front should be called mad, I was actually suggesting that his actual organisation should remain nameless. Sorta plays into the subtle ''dark and gritty'' aspect we're going for here. My idea is that M.A.D actually stands for ''Metro Advancements and Devices." Although if you'd like, you could make a tongue in cheek refenerence to the old acronym. And I do think that Artimus should die, but don't make him sexist. Have he and his wife be equals, it'd push away some old, unneeded cliches.

Good ideas on Commodore.

Fair enough on Claw’s company and organization. I like the idea of the acronym having a different meaning. All the government knows is that the ringleader is called “Doctor Claw”.

I should clarify that I didn’t mean that Artemus was sexist. I meant that Claw was sexist.

Good ideas on Commodore.

Fair enough on Claw’s company and organization. I like the idea of the acronym having a different meaning. All the government knows is that the ringleader is called “Doctor Claw”.

I should clarify that I didn’t mean that Artemus was sexist. I meant that Claw was sexist.

Yeah. I could even see them becoming prosperous enough to make Gaming Pc's, Smart Phones and laptops. Maybe they could even become rivals with Apple.

Thanks. I'm sure audiences would love it. Question is, who would be the writers and producers for this little venture?

Oh, Ok. My mistake. Yeah, I see him being sexist, maybe even physically abusive.

Yeah. I could even see them becoming prosperous enough to make Gaming Pc's, Smart Phones and laptops. Maybe they could even become rivals with Apple.

Thanks. I'm sure audiences would love it. Question is, who would be the writers and producers for this little venture?

Oh, Ok. My mistake. Yeah, I see him being sexist, maybe even physically abusive.

Maybe their personal computers gain a reputation for being a nice solid foundation for the PC modding scene. Given how successful NeXT is, I’m thinking it’s possible that Steve Jobs never returns to Apple ITTL. Maybe Commodore aquires Apple’s assets to become the third largest computer company. I’m now imagining the rough equivalent to the iPhone having a Commodore logo on the back.

Wallaby-iphone-prototype.jpeg

I don’t usually think about behind the scenes stuff like that. Would Joss Whedon be a good choice for a writer? Do you have any ideas?

No matter how Affably Evil he may seem to Gadget he’s still the bastard leader of a crime syndicate.

Last edited:
Maybe their personal computers gain a reputation for being a nice solid foundation for the PC modding scene. Given how successful NeXT is, I’m thinking it’s possible that Steve Jobs never returns to Apple ITTL. Maybe Commodore aquires Apple’s assets to become the third largest computer company. I’m now imagining the rough equivalent to the iPhone having a Commodore logo on the back.

Wallaby-iphone-prototype.jpeg

I don’t usually think about behind the scenes stuff like that. Would Joss Whedon be a good choice for a writer? Do you have any ideas?

No matter how Affably Evil he may seem to Gadget he’s still the bastard leader of a crime syndicate.

Yeah, I can see it too. I can also see all the is replaced with lowercase cs and the macs replaced with the word ''Com.''

I think Whedon is an excellent idea. but how about adding Chris Nolan and Harold Ramis into the mix to see if they can work together as a team?

That, and by the second film, I think he and his syndicate could maybe move up to becoming terrorists. Unless, of course, a certain ''event'' stops that from being.

Yeah, I can see it too. I can also see all the is replaced with lowercase cs and the macs replaced with the word ''Com.''

I think Whedon is an excellent idea. but how about adding Chris Nolan and Harold Ramis into the mix to see if they can work together as a team?

That, and by the second film, I think he and his syndicate could maybe move up to becoming terrorists. Unless, of course, a certain ''event'' stops that from being.

What do you think of the image? I used a pic of the prototypes of the first iPhone. I’d think that Commodore would make more advanced Amigas instead. “Amiga” is short enough to not need shortening.

Would Whedon and Ramis be able to cooperate with Rodriguez as the director? And can Nolan agree to just be a writer? Or a producer?

That event is still a few years away. We can talk about it when it grows nearer. Though if anything were to happen the chances that the exact event would happen are, at this point, nil.

What do you think of the image? I used a pic of the prototypes of the first iPhone. I’d think that Commodore would make more advanced Amigas instead. “Amiga” is short enough to not need shortening.

Would Whedon and Ramis be able to cooperate with Rodriguez as the director? And can Nolan agree to just be a writer? Or a producer?

That event is still a few years away. We can talk about it when it grows nearer. Though if anything were to happen the chances that the exact event would happen are, at this point, nil.

I think it's a great image. The grey one is definitely what I envision when I think of the word ''cPhone.''

Hmm, good point. Maybe have Whedon and Nolan work together as writers and have Ramis as a producer? He did work on stuff like Groundhog Day and the Bedazzled remake, after all, it's not impossible. And I'm sure with Rodreguez keeping them in order Whedon and Nolan could do some wonderful work together and keep each other in check.

I think it's a great image. The grey one is definitely what I envision when I think of the word ''cPhone.''

Hmm, good point. Maybe have Whedon and Nolan work together as writers and have Ramis as a producer? He did work on stuff like Groundhog Day and the Bedazzled remake, after all, it's not impossible. And I'm sure with Rodreguez keeping them in order Whedon and Nolan could do some wonderful work together and keep each other in check.

Of course, that’s just the first generation of “cPhone”. The “cPhone 7/8” would be understandably much sleeker than that.

You’d have Whedon write the dialogue and the comedy and Nolan do the more serious parts and the action. This film would be practically perfect.

Of course, that’s just the first generation of “cPhone”. The “cPhone 7/8” would be understandably much sleeker than that.

You’d have Whedon write the dialogue and the comedy and Nolan do the more serious parts and the action. This film would be practically perfect.

You got that right, As time went on, I think we'd all end up ''Keeping up'' so to speak.

Exactly. And given how perfect this world is, pop culturewise, I don't see why this sort of thing couldn't happen. Just as long as Navy approves of the idea of course. And with Ramis working as a producer, he'd know when the slapstick would be needed and when it wouldn't, working closely with Rodreguez to make sure the balance was maintained. Think the first Ninja Turtles movie, only just a bit less cheesy.

John K on the Run Part I
CBS EVENING NEWS
July 17, 1996
West Coast version

hqdefault.jpg

DAN RATHER:
"Good evening. This is our western edition. We begin tonight's newscast with a once beloved cartoon genius on the run from the law. Earlier this afternoon in White Plains, New York, the district attorney for Westchester County confirms that authorities across the county are actively searching for animator John Kricfalusi. The 40 year old veteran of the Trump Manhattan studio, best known as the creator of Ren and Stimpy, was named yesterday as a person of interest in the disappearance of a 15 year old girl from a New Rochelle high school early last month. A warrant was issued for Kricfalusi's arrest on the eve of the premiere of The Ren and Stimpy Movie in Manhattan, but when he failed to turn himself in, that led to the district attorney's news conference earlier today. Stay tuned to CBS News for further details."

I got another suggestion for the fate of Apple.They got bought Donald Trump. Part of me like the idea of him driving it into the ground. He hasn't had a big failure since the MGM debacle (although Trump animation seams to on the verge of a dark age). Perhaps trump would order the creation of a disastrous apple gaming console. Trump seams to have an interest in video games. He almost released the MGM Lion (Only for it be released as the Turrner Apex) and he tried to buy out Colecto

Status
Not open for further replies.