Map Thread XVII

Status
Not open for further replies.
So gonna post a map that is finished but needs a legend (and perhaps a write-up). I would like to see people guessing and asking questions till that is done though. Only Information I will give is that it is a 20 minutes into the future+ nuclear WW3 and ASBs handwaving fallout and such long term problems away (its kind of a post-post-apocalypse). Oh and the color scheme is TOASTER.

Edit: Before I sleep have the start of the Legend. (some Groupings are alliances some are not)

View attachment 391303

Updated it the include the start of the Legend. Still a work in progress. Would love to have some comments/questions/criticisms.

San Francisco (桑港 Sōkō), officially the San Francisco Metropolis (桑港都 Sōkō-to), is the capital of the Pacific States of America. Consisting of 17 wards, 13 cities, 2 towns, and 5 villages, it forms one of the major municipalities of the San Francisco Bay Metropolitan Region, the second-largest metropolitan region in the Pacific States.

20GriH1.png

WvDwz28.png

Map of the greater metropolitan area not included for now. If only alternate-universe Google Maps would let you scroll...

2s43L8X.png

The world has fallen to the Great Freeze, humanity clings to life in small pockets, only sustained by heat from the Core. Small settlements barely connected to one another struggle to survive. They stay connected only by radio signals, but even then, those only reach so far. Some nations survived more than others. Major powers and large trade routes are things of the past. Some areas (like the Cascade Vault, BC City, and Yellowstone Union) are connected by tunnels. The world above and everything with it has been claimed by the dark and cold and has been virtually lost to history.

Note: Areas shown on map are all rough underground estimations of territory.

North Eastern America 1700.png
The English Civil War spread to England's colonies, with New England siding with the Parliamentarians and Virginia and Maryland siding with the Royalists. Later on, after the Monarchy is restored in England, Richard Cromwell and other Parliamentarians flee to New England. England, while annoyed with New England, mostly sees it as a place to dump Independence-minded Colonials.

Thank you kindly. This is my sorta of WIP for the MotF

ClSWJnj.jpg
I believe that the area where New Mexico borders Oklahoma in our world does not align completely with the Texan border. Extremely minor, and I st first thought other maps showing that on here were wrong before I checked up current day maps. Ahhh, and would Las Vegas be large or important enough to show up on this map in this point in time? Though I see it is one of the smaller names. By the way, is this map partially propaganda? I am wondering which tribes would have been doing the attacking (though I imagine they would have had their reasons) and I can't see if this would really be seen as helping the South. Also something in my head wondering if this would involve them going through a load of mountains. I remember reading that the Gadsden Purchase was partially to gain some good land for a southern railroad, though I suppose if the railroad doesn't go through Texas, they would have little reason to curve the railroad even further south, right next to Apache territory. Given the date on the map, was there no Civil War? They South all grabbed even more concessions and promises form the North withtou giving anything in return? And was the railroad to northern California and Oregon complete by now? Otherwise we are getting the Great Plains less heavily settled. I can also see a lot of outrage in the north, at how the railroads aren't taking people to lands that can be more easily settled. Would we see statehood in the southwest before we see it in Wyoming and Montana?

So gonna post a map that is finished but needs a legend (and perhaps a write-up). I would like to see people guessing and asking questions till that is done though. Only Information I will give is that it is a 20 minutes into the future+ nuclear WW3 and ASBs handwaving fallout and such long term problems away (its kind of a post-post-apocalypse). Oh and the color scheme is TOASTER.

Edit: Before I sleep have the start of the Legend. (some Groupings are alliances some are not)

View attachment 391348

Eastern Europe, Indonesia, most of Africa and South/Central America are not done but most of the Legend is done. When the Legend is fully done I am going to make a new post instead of editing it along with short descriptions of major Nations/Alliances.

Status
Not open for further replies.