Map Thread XVII

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remember that WIP I posted? Well here is the finished product! For those who wondered what the POD was, the answer can now be revealed! It is this: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Banbury_mutiny, more specifically the wider success of the Levellers in overthrowing Cromwell and friends and seizing power in Britain. The event I referred to was: https://levellersday.wordpress.com/.

a goodly bit of work. What's the current year? Who is running Spain: a branch of the Habsburgs or Bourbons, or someone else? Could you explain a bit about what is going on in the "Great Leveler War" map?

Quibble: I need some more explanation of how the Netherlands got *Belgium. The Austrian Netherlands were of very strong interest to France, as well to Austria (being the Austrian Netherlands :openedeyewink:) and were only incorporated into the Kingdom of the Netherlands OTL due to a desire to keep post-Napoleonic France contained with stronger states on its borders.

"Do you think God stays in heaven because he too, lives in fear of what he's created"-Steve Buscemi, Spy Kids 2

upload_2018-5-29_21-25-11.png

WIP

"Do you think God stays in heaven because he too, lives in fear of what he's created"-Steve Buscemi, Spy Kids 2

snip
WIP
I'm assuming the British, Russians, and Greeks committed mass genocides, famines, ethnic cleansings, and/or colonial oppression more so than OTL ? At least that's what I got an impression of from your Work-In-Progress map.

I'm assuming the British, Russians, and Greeks committed mass genocides, famines, ethnic cleansings, and/or colonial oppression more so than OTL ? At least that's what I got an impression of from your Work-In-Progress map.
Probably, yeah, but they did it against Turkey which most people on here don't mind because byzantophilia yay megali plan.

Byzantophilia means I wish the Turks hadn't invaded and ethnically assimilated most of Anatolia in the first place, not that I wish they were ethnically cleansed or assimilated themselves ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Probably, yeah, but they did it against Turkey which most people on here don't mind because byzantophilia yay megali plan.
Actually, I was going to have Greece be a rather pitiful puppet of Russia, with the Ecumenical Patriarch thoroughly disgraced and the Patriarch of Moscow simply being the only ruler of the Orthodox world. This isn't gonna be "another Byzantine revival tl."

I at least hope I've made the kind of impression on this website that I'm not some crazed nationalistic fanatic who's baying for the blood of cultures I deem unworthy. All I gotta say is just hold on, lemme make my write up, and you'll see that while a lot of bad things happen it's not because I'm trying to further an agenda :)

a goodly bit of work. What's the current year? Who is running Spain: a branch of the Habsburgs or Bourbons, or someone else? Could you explain a bit about what is going on in the "Great Leveler War" map?

Quibble: I need some more explanation of how the Netherlands got *Belgium. The Austrian Netherlands were of very strong interest to France, as well to Austria (being the Austrian Netherlands :openedeyewink:) and were only incorporated into the Kingdom of the Netherlands OTL due to a desire to keep post-Napoleonic France contained with stronger states on its borders.
Goodly?

As for your questions:
Current Year: 1850
Spain: It's in the Habsburg Alliance so the Habsburgs are still kicking. ;)
Great Leveller War: Essentially TTL's Revolutionary/Napoleonic Wars but a lot earlier. The Atlantians in Britain and America decide that the time is right for to bring the Leveller ideology to decadent Europe. They are initially very successful with their invading armies landing to be met by joyous crowds and soldiers from the European nations joining them in droves. As a result several Leveller Republics are established, everywhere from Spain to Scandinavia. The monarchies of Europe eventually ally, however, and are able to push them out of Europe, leading to the Congress of Aachen, TTL's Congress of Vienna, as the borders of Europe are redrawn.
Netherlands: Product of the aforementioned Congress of Aachen, i.e. to have strong states on the English Channel, plus no-one could agree on any other solution.

svk rel.png

Religious map of Slovakia without Catholics.
Grey: Without confession
solid blue: Lutherans (Evangelical Church of Augsburg Confession), thoroughout Slovakia
light orange: Greek-rite Catholics (Greco-Catholic Church), in the east
grey-blue: Reformed Church (Calvinistsň, mostly Hungarian speaking.
dark golden : Orthodox
SVKreldistrict.png

share of denominations per district:
first map shows largest group.
second map: Evangelic church of augsburg confession blue vs red, 1%=2 hue)
third: greco -Catholic Chrurch red vs green , 1%= 2hue)
fourth: reformed church blue vs red, 1%=2 hue)
fifth orthodox red vs green, 1%=2hue.
the smaller churches are represent as 1% = 20 hue, top to bottom : Yehovah witnesses (green on red), Methodists (blue on red), Christian pentecostals (blue on red), Apostolic church (Blue on green), Baptists (Blue on redň, 7th day adventists (green on redň, Church of brothers (Hussite), blue on red, Jews (Blue on red), Old Catholics (blue on red), Czechoslovak Hussite Church (blue on red),
last column. Other (green on red, 1%=20 hue); without confession red on blue, 1%=2 hue; largest participating denomination.

Deleted member 108228

Here's a alternatehistory.com thread https://www.alternatehistory.com/fo...victory-scenario-from-r-imaginarymaps.444374/

Linked there is the original reddit thread which has all the maps I've made collected together there: https://www.reddit.com/r/AP246/comments/7ch604/the_thousandweek_reich_a_realistic_nazi_victory/

As explained there, it's being turned into a HOI4 mod in collaboration with the Darkest Hour mod team

You definitely should make a TL. I'm really interested in a Nazi victory that's grounded in reality.

upload_2018-5-30_20-51-53.png

what do you guys think of this partition map of Bosnia,
The darker areas show the larger settlements, I used them as base, and assigned the smaller villages and hamlets (lighter shade) to the nearest town.
green: Bosniaks,
blue: Serbs
orange: Croats

Ok, extended version of my older map:
China.png

Republic of China wank inspired by this great AAR: forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/i…
Kuomintang with German help was able to modernize, unite China and defeat Japanese invasion. Then came peace - Japan return Taiwan, while Chinese troops get out of Korea which became sort of Sino-Japanese co-dominium.
During world war united China take advantage, invade Tibet and pushed french troops from Indochina.
In summer 1941 Chinese troops attacked Soviet union. It take more than three years before Soviet Russia collapsed, soon on it western Allies, able to pushed Axis out of Africa but not to launch invasion in Europe, with eastern front crumbling down, made peace with Axis.
Today, world is divided between three blocs, German, American and Chinese. And then there are wild cards, independent or semi-independent powers and blocs. Can old empires survive? To whom will incline Japan? What about Middle Eastern Cooperation Association?
And three great blocs? Join America with China final fight to put end of nazi madness or will there be coalition of two eagles against mighty yellow dragon?

Feel free to ask. If I would know the answer... :)

3nkn40ved8uz.png

Another map from TWR - the Greater Syrian State, a regional ally of Nazi Germany in the middle east.

Full background - https://www.reddit.com/r/imaginarymaps/comments/78y691/the_greater_syrian_state_1950_realistic_nazi/

Thread for the whole scenario - https://www.alternatehistory.com/fo...c-nazi-victory-scenario.444582/#post-17078369

Baalbek-Zahleh governorate, anyone?
Like I mean if I were to divide Lebanon in two, the single most logical division would be across the Lebanon mountains, with the east centered around Baalbek or Zahleh, while Beirut province would include everything from Tyre to Tripoli.

3nkn40ved8uz.png

Another map from TWR - the Greater Syrian State, a regional ally of Nazi Germany in the middle east.

Full background - https://www.reddit.com/r/imaginarymaps/comments/78y691/the_greater_syrian_state_1950_realistic_nazi/

Thread for the whole scenario - https://www.alternatehistory.com/fo...c-nazi-victory-scenario.444582/#post-17078369

None of the other territories claimed by the SSNP besides Lebanon? Not a single part of Palestine, Jordan, or Iraq? Not even Hatay from Turkey?

Status
Not open for further replies.