Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks! It honestly might or might not become part of a larger TL if I decide to flesh in more of the world around it, I just started designing it because I needed a place for a royal character I was writing to rule over. The basic backstory of this nation is fairly British. Disunited tribesmen were easily conquered by the *Romans, but as their Empire fragmented, one particular warlord, stronger and subtler than the rest, undermined and then chased out the last *Roman governor, sort of a combined King Arthur and Vortigern figure as he also defended the country from challengers who moved in afterwards. (His name was Reynard, and you can probably guess from that what his motif was--see also the coat of arms I requested and kindly received for them; and yes, I'm working on the motto.) His family has stayed in power ever since, and although the country has been largely occupied by *Germanic and *Norse settlers, it has never been fully conquered, though its language has shifted, and they eventually absorbed those settlers into their own unique cultural traditions. Well, at least, the part about the same family ruling is what the monarchy says, but their family tree is more of a family pole, they're not really stable, and they get assassinated every so often, so it's hard to tell.
So I'd assume that this isn't Earth then? I was thinking of a Jewish Roman Empire for some reason.

@occam seems a reasonable origin. Most of the oldest flags OTL are either from Arms or "Holy Banners" (or both).
I think my only issue is the central disc is too large compared to the stars. It also strikes me that their maps probably orient turnwise rather than polewise since the design is reminiscent of sunsets/sunrises.

This is a flag of Communist Ireland, your typical communist flag with the banner of ireland along the bottom. No real backstory, just making one up for my ironically communist debating society.

Feel free to reuse, just let me know.
C7CAD6E3-1B6C-484A-BC49-6402DA136367.jpeg

View attachment 388765
I have no idea what this is supposed to be, but I really like it.

Aye, me too. It could be an alt Canadian White Ensign (the ensign for warships), especially if the standard flag had blue bands on like one of the OTL proposals. Think modern Canadian flag but with a blue band either side, not red. Then the bands at the bottom of the flag would echo the national flag as a whole without the overused 'national flag in canton and St George's Cross on the field' that many ex-British Empire navies use.

I made another cool flag on Paint.Net, this time I decided why not make Australian flag this time yin-yang style.

I thought it be cool to not only show the Union Jack as a dot but also the Australian Aboriginal flag as a dot as well along with the Southern Cross.

S9E5pXa.png

European defensive allience
upload_2018-5-26_10-49-11.png

The bomb is never created, the soviet union splits up Europe as in OTL but the conflict heats up and Russia manages to invade west germany, the rest of austria and a lot of europe. The remaining European powers band together in a military alliance to create a united military so that they can stop the Soviet union from going further.

ST15RM

Banned
View attachment 388930

The bomb is never created, the soviet union splits up Europe as in OTL but the conflict heats up and Russia manages to invade west germany, the rest of austria and a lot of europe. The remaining European powers band together in a military alliance to create a united military so that they can stop the Soviet union from going further.
I like the simplicity. the only problem is that the star isn’t quite centered.

View attachment 388930

I like the simplicity. the only problem is that the star isn’t quite centered.
I like the premise, and also the simplicity, but...I thought the only problem with it was that an anti-Communist military alliance has a red star on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.