Air and Space Photos from Alternate Worlds.

:D :D :D

I assume there's a painted celing above him for an hilarious clang hit!

Is that an actual planed version of the Stuka, or yours?

The possibility of German CVs has always fascinated me. I remember, some years ago, seeing a possible CV version of the FW-190; to me it would be a much better CV fighter.
Its a Heinkel He-70 with the engine from a Stuka. I have also thought the Fw-190 would've been a good carrier fighter.
I did these pics for a TL by miketr titled Diesel Kriegsmarine, here's a link - https://www.alternatehistory.com/forum/threads/diesel-kriegsmarine.440313/
If you're interested in a TL where the Kreigsmarine has a carrier force, I highly recommend this TL.

somewhere in an alternate universe
32822763_10155238518676688_2810012577092861952_n.jpg

To comment on my own post
I suggest we rename Airbus to "Airbus Conglomerate Manufacturing Establishment' in short ACME

:D :D :D

I assume there's a painted celing above him for an hilarious clang hit!

Is that an actual planed version of the Stuka, or yours?

The possibility of German CVs has always fascinated me. I remember, some years ago, seeing a possible CV version of the FW-190; to me it would be a much better CV fighter.
You might want to change the landing gear to retract in the other direction and raise the cockpit to improve frontal visiblity. Anybody who tries to land that on a carrier will thank you.

Last edited:
Who in their right mind would try landing anything that even slightly resembles a Me-109 on a carrier?
The thing was a Hazzard to operate on paved runways.
Hey at least my carrier 109 has a wide tracked landing gear and twice the firepower. To be honest its not even a 109, its closer to the 309.

Heinkel He-100 for same TL as above. Both works in progress.

View attachment 405862
To provide some context, its a Call going out in 1939/40 for a Germany a few years ahead of OTL and with a much more organized development process. ITTL the fighter is needed to work in 1943.
The Ju-92 needs to carry guided munitions and Cruise missiles under development. Hence the size and the glass nose for the bombardier.

The he100 is in production and the plane is actually based on He-1076.
Now, for carrier operations, i wonder what it would take to invert the landing gears. Eg hardpoints wide and wheels close to center line. But not too close. Needs space for a bomb or fuel tank.

Messerschmitt Me-121 single seat twin engine reconnaissance aircraft. From a timeline where Messerschmitt lost both the fighter and heavy fighter contracts to Heinkel, he designs a unconventional but very fast and surprisingly maneuverable twin engine aircraft that is later adapted to multiple roles including night-fighter and ground attack.

Me-121B early recon version:

Engine Daimler Benz DB-601N.
Armament is two 7.98 mm MG's in the nose and one remote control 13 mm MG in a remote control barbette in the rear.A

Me-121-Firefly Ausf.B.jpg

Me-121C ground attack version:

Engine, Daimler Benz DB605A-1
Armament, two 20 mm cannons in nose and 3.7 cm cannon in a pod beneath the fuselage.

Me-121-Firefly Ausf.C.jpg

Me-121D heavy fighter version:
Engine, Junkers Jumo 213.
Armament, four 20 mm cannons in nose, barbette removed for this model due to pilot difficulty in aiming weapon and superior speed making defensive armament less necessary.

Me-121-Firefly Ausf.D.png

Some designs in progress for a TL by Gudestein. I'm not sure what the specs, speed, range, service ceiling would be, suggestions welcomed.

Last edited:

LordOguzHan

Banned
Southern Freedom Party Victory and C.S.A.F Helicopters.

Confederate States of American, Air Forces.

C.S.A Ah-1g Huey Cobra Helicopter.
C.S.A Uh-1 Helicopter.

C.S.A Ah-1g Huey Cobra Helicopter..png

C.S.A Uh-1 Helicopter..png

Nice Idea of P-38esk Messerschmitt, i like it

just one issue the remote control barbette in the rear, is that lower as empennage ?
otherwise this will happen
Lol! I honestly hadn't thought about that. Yes lets say the barbette is set lower and when I get a chance, I will redraw the tail's control surface a little higher as well.
Thanks for pointing that out, its critiques and observations like that, that make for better pics. :)

After reading the post by Michel Van, I went back and red the the tail control surfaces of the Me-121, it's now higher than before.
I'm currently trying to hunt down some good line drawings of the Me-410 and Fw-109D so I can do a pic in profile and another from head on.

The P-82 Twin Mustang was derived from the P-51 Mustang, could the same be done for the P-47 Thinderbolt, or post-war the P-80 Lightning? Before America entered the war if the P-40 was twinned would it have been a success?