Air and Space Photos from Alternate Worlds.

Falk

Banned
2329988230_f7c0666ff1.jpg

Over the years, I've posted quite a few of my Liechtenstein Army Air Corps concepts in this thread, but I'm honestly surprised I haven't posted this yet. Not a new aircraft profile for them, but an Order of Battle for the current incarnation of the LAAC in the ATL 2000s/2010s. Notice the plane types listed. Fixed-wings are at the principality's sole (and purely ATL) airfield, helis are at the principality's sole heliport.

Structure of the Liechtenstein Army Air Corps.png

A few cute small planes, a few cute small helicopters, an airfield and a heliport... What more could you want in such a piddly little country ? :) I've made this already five years ago, but somehow forgot about it, and now rediscovered it when I was looking over my artworks for a timeline I'm going to work on this year. Either that, or I've downloaded this from an ATL Wikipedia... You decide ! ;)

Last edited:
Over the years, I've posted quite a few of my Liechtenstein Army Air Corps concepts in this thread, but I'm honestly surprised I haven't posted this yet. Not a new aircraft profile for them, but an Order of Battle for the current incarnation of the LAAC in the ATL 2000s/2010s. Notice the plane types listed. Fixed-wings are at the principality's sole (and purely ATL) airfield, helis are at the principality's sole heliport.

View attachment 384216

A few cute small planes, a few cute small helicopters, an airfield and a heliport... What more could you want in such a piddly little country ? :) I've made this already five years ago, but somehow forgot about it, and now rediscovered it when I was looking over my artworks for a timeline I'm going to work on this year. Either that, or I've downloaded this from an ATK Wikipedia... You decide ! ;)
they need to keep up grand fenwick and have a spaceprogram

Some space fighter designs i've come up with for a future writing project i hope to start latter in the year

E0tZxw8.png

LIGHT FIGHTERS

Light fighters (also known variously as “Scout Fighters”, “Recon Fighters” and “Pathfinders”, are perhaps the most popular jets among Swags and Nomads alike, with thousands flying the network. The vast majority of private light fighters in circulation are second hand, demilitarised service jets, retired from regional military forces and sold to the public; rarely would a Swag shell out for a brand new jet, such craft being the domain of cashed up Hobbyists or veteran Nomads. Such craft can be anywhere from ten to fifty years old, brought used and sold again and again.

Their are tens of dozens of different light fighters in use today, some more common than others. These are just some examples of jets that can be found bouncing the gates in the Southern Network

LEADER DYNAMICS FR-09J “SEEKER”

The Seeker is a direct descendant of the legendary FR-05 “Wedgetail”, once regarded as THE gold standard not just for light fighters but all space fighters in general. The Wedgetail set the standard for light fighters to this day: its combination of speed, manoeuvrability, range,cargo space and general ruggardness was copied by dozens of clones, while it was the first fighter craft to make extensive use of such modern staple as gimbaled weapon systems, internal missile bays and gravitonics.

The Wedgetail went out of service some 75 years ago, but clones, copies and upgrades of the craft continued to be manufactured almost to present day. The Seeker itself ended production over three decades ago, but Tau Ceti based Leader Dynamics continues to support they type with spares and upgrades, making the jet (and others like it) popular to this day.

Pictured is “Tsunami”, piloted by Jasper “Sarge” Sargent (NLP: Kingdom and Commonwealth of Terra Australis), a Swag known to frequent the northern approaches of the KC.

ASI-MARTIN F/L-19 “KESTREL”

The Kestrel is typical of fighter craft produced in the Kingdom (and specifically for the Space Force) through the 70's-80's. The Kestrel is a product of the “CapShip” focused nature of the Royal Commonwealth Space Force: it is designed to fill a specific niche within a larger fleet, as apposed to the more generalised designs popular with Eurekan forces. The Kestrel was intended to act as a point defence fighter, screening frigate squadrons and defending the fleets battleships and carriers.

While the Kestrel in its basic form lacks fuel capacity and cargo space, a wide range of after market modification are available, removing the some or all of the Kestrels internal weapons racks and freeing up significant space. Regarded as bit of a “hot rod”, the Kestrel has proven popular with KC Swags, with some even making their way into Southern Cross and Kentaurus circulation.

Pictured is “Fast Princess”, piloted by Noah “Rush” Hanslow (NLT: Kingdom and Commonwealth of Terra Australis). The jet still bears remnants of its Space Force markings, hastly scrubbed off as part of the demil process; many Swag leave their ships paint in such a state, as apposed to spending big money on custom paint jobs.

KENTARES AEROSPACE FRS-22 “WOOMERA”

The Woomera is typical of designs that have come out of the Kentaurus Republic since the Australian Colonial Civil War: Innovative, advanced, unique and heavily flawed. The Woomera was conceived as a showcase of Kentaurian technological prowess: a demonstration that Kentaurus could stand on its own in Defence matters and a potential challenge to the Eurekan designs that dominated the market. However, a design and development program marred by political interference, feature creep, pork-barrelling and “design by committee” resulted in an ungainly, complex jet that failed to meet any of the needs of the Kentaurus Defence Force. However, political considerations would ensure the Woomera could not fail,and the KDF was saddled with the jet for ten years.

The Woomera is an innovative craft, and in the right hands, can out manoeuvre anything in the stars. However, it is a difficult craft to master, and it unusual deisgn make sit a maintnence nightmare. Still, with the entire KDF inventory being retired at once, the market has been flodded with Woomeras, and it has proven popular if by price alone.

Pictured is “Kuda Perkasa”, piloted by Asti “Memotong” Sasna (NLP: Kentaurus Republic), a “Private Security and Investigative Consultant” currently based out of Van Maanens Star. She has used the ample hull space of her jet to advertise her services.

ARMTECH FR-19B “HAWKEI”

The Hawkei was originally the winner of the Southern Cross Army's “Light Fighter '75” program. The fighter won by clear numbers, demonstrating superiority in manoeuvrability, speed, range and payload, despite misgivings about the complexity of its gimbaled engines. However, when the fighter entered service, hundreds of technical and performance issues were revealed: the engines were not as powerful as advised, the missile system was riddled with faults,and much of the advanced targeting systems were rendered useless by minor technical errors. And investigation soon revealed much of the Hawkei's success was owed to bribes paid by Armtech to the generals in charge of the contest: several high level military officials and the entire board of Armstech were charged and imprisoned for treason.

After this debacle, the now chastised Armstech was forced to pay for the modification of the Hawkei to a usable standard; however by now the name of the Hawkei was tainted, and instead all jets were transferred to the Southern Cross Border Force. With most of the faults ironed out, the Hawkei proved popular in SCBF service, where its gimbaled engines allowed for precise movements when inspecting vessels, and for 25 years Hawkeis in Yellow and Black Checker marking were a common sight around Eurekan border gates. Now being phased out of service, more and more Hawkei's have begun to appear on the market.

Pictured is “Lone Pine”, piloted by Mariya “Diggs” Nozaki (NLP: Southern Cross Republic) a relatively new Swag out of Opal. Nozaki, like many Eurekan Swags, apprenticed in a National Service battalion; Ships like the Hawkei are popular with former Nasho's as they are similar to the second line light fighters most would have piloted during their service.

CADILIAC GAGE SF-98 “TIGERSHARK III”

After the Seppos managed to wrest control of 40 Eridani away from the greater colonial republic during the ACCW, they were determined to establish themselves solidly as a self sufficient American descendant state (the first since the end of WW3) with its own social, cultural and technological base distinct from the wider AusPac community. This meant developing an industrial society almost completely from scratch, a task made somewhat easier by the defection of several major corporate entities that had their roots in ancient American companies. One such corporation was Cadiliac Gage, the only US defence contractor to survive both WW3 and the subsequent collapse of Earth intact. In the following centuries CG grew from a simple manufacture of light armoured vehicles into a multi-tiered defence giant that at the time of the ACCW was a major supplier of the Australian Colonial Military. Soon after the wars end, the new Eridani Republic set CG to the task of developing a new range weapons and craft to outfit its fledgling military.

The Tigershark III is a direct descendant of those first independent development. The Tigershark is a so called “tail-turner” design, where thrusters are concentrated around the rear of the jet and manoeuvrability is achieved through thrust vectoring (as opposed to more conventional distributed verners); the mounting of most of the engine separate from the main hull frees up a large amount of space, giving the Tigershark and impressive cargo and missile capability. While the Tigersharks single point turning axis can be difficult to adapt to, it is prised by dogfighters who love it for its snap manoeuvrability in knife fights, making it a common sight on the joust circuit.

Pictured is “Shark One”, piloted by Robert “Chomp” Yu (NLP: Eridani Republic). The fact this private jet bears the markings of a major corporate defence provider (In this case, Echo Defence Services) indicates Yu most likely acquired this craft through an ongoing work/debt scheme: Echo provided a loan to Yu to by the Jet, on the proviso Yu make the himself and his jet available to use by Echo. These sort of deals are popular with many corporate outfits, as they allow them to maintain a fleet of jets while pushing maintenance costs onto the pilots themselves.

FABAVIC A-87 “TUBARÃO”

Being that the Southern Network has some four major jet producing nations, it is expected the region would be dominated by home-grown designs. However, foreign designs are not unknown, and are becoming more and more common as the demand of the used ship market grow with the economy. More and more designs from União Estelar, Perūjin and even Nuwewêreld are beginning to be seen around the southern stars.

The A-87 is typical example of a foriogn design that is starting to find traction, typifying the FABAVIC (and in general UE) belif that “if it looks good, it is good”; The A-87 is a striking, sleek design that turns heads to this day. A “tail-turner” type, the A-87 was known for its good handling, although its total engine output was sometimes less than satisfactory, and it's sleek design did not allow for much in the way of cargo capability. Sitll, it was a popular design amongst the private soldiers of the Gurada Estelar, and although long since retired by the main force, continues to see signifcant use in UE satellite states and vigilance groups.

Pictured is “Foxy Foxy”, piloted by Luis “Smexy” Venegas (NLP: Free and Glorious Peoples Kingdom of Waiheke Island). Luis is among the latest wave of “Corredores” (eng: Runners), Swags that have sought to escape the ever growing control of the Combinações over the satelite stars and Northjern Sprall and skee their fortune in the wilder Southern Sprall and Outback. With the ongoing tensions between the UE and teh Southern Alliance, pilots of former UE vessels go out of their way to ensure trigger happy Eurekan pilots thgat they are in fact not Guarda infiltrators.

DEFENDIC FR-21C “TAIPAN II”

One of the newest additions to the used ship market, the Taipan II was orginally the runner up to the same Light Fighter '75 competion that was won by the Hawkei. When the Hawkei scanadal broke out, however, The SCA quickly revised their descion and awarded the contract to the Taipan. For over two decades, the Taipan has serevd as the primary recon fighter in SCA Regular Combat Regiments, and has only recently started to be replaced in front line service by a sucessor (Basically just a revised and upgraded Taipan). Taipans are now being transfered to Reservist and Nasho units, and corispondingly, have begun to appear on the used jet market.

The Taipan utlises a uniqe “flying wing” design that distingished it from the “Step/Offset” style still still common in Eurekan designs. This shape allowed it to maintain a compact size while increasing useable internal volume; to this day the Taipan has one of the largest internal fuel capacities of a light fighter. The wingtip set engines allowed for exceptional manouverability, although the layout does reduce overall lateral thrust capability, a shortfall that has been overcome through manouvers developed by Taipan pilots.

Pictured is “Eye C U”, piloted by Sean “Scary” Patten, a former SCA pilot who retired with his jet. Patten, and hsi jet, have been embroiled in recent accusations he had been conducting bushranger-style attacks on lone rabbithole prospectors and asteroid miners in the Outback; although Patten throughly denies these alligations, he was recently detained and his ship impounded by an Alliance Joint Police patrol, awating investigation.

It lost a engine compared to the single version, speed and payload will be effected. Allied first generation jets could easily catch it.
The original Ar-234 only had two engines, a few prototypes had four engines. The 434 has six engines, where did it lose an engine? By my count, it gained two engines.

The original Ar-234 only had two engines, a few prototypes had four engines. The 434 has six engines, where did it lose an engine? By my count, it gained two engines.
The Ar-234 prototype had 4 engines the 434 had 6 engines 2 airframes double the weight 2 less engines.
Ment to say 1 less engine per airframe.

The Ar-234 prototype had 4 engines the 434 had 6 engines 2 airframes double the weight 2 less engines.
Ment to say 1 less engine per airframe.
But the production version only had two engines was my point. Eight engines wouldn't have looked right and that's part of the aim of some of my drawings.

These 4 engines in the middle look a prime target...
Former fighter pilot thinking, (long time ago), never mind.
Just put some 30mm Aden / Defa on that prime place and look for the show. Yes, i know, former fighter pilot thinking (if that is possible).

considering how much fuel they used, that thing looks like the act of just starting up all engines will empty all tanks in minutes
These 4 engines in the middle look a prime target...
Former fighter pilot thinking, (long time ago), never mind.
Just put some 30mm Aden / Defa on that prime place and look for the show. Yes, i know, former fighter pilot thinking (if that is possible).
I just did the eight engine Arado for James Ricker. I also think the four engines in the center is a very tempting target.
I might go back and add Rato-rocket pods to the six engine version, that would save fuel on take offs.

:D :D :D

I assume there's a painted celing above him for an hilarious clang hit!

Nah he reaches orbit, only to end up in some hilarious encounter with marvin the martian.
Either that or it is a scene from Futurama, where a CoyoteBot in a kamikaze attempt tries to bring down zapp brannigan