Proposals and War Aims That Didn't Happen Map Thread

The non-pro-Quebec areas are surprisingly contiguous and not spread out in terms of districts. I could easily see an Ungava Territory alongside Ottawa and Estrie Provinces. Only Montreal would be an issue and I suppose English-speakers would move out to the said provinces and further Anglicize them.
I wonder if they would if Canada disintegrate and loose Saskatchewan and Alberta...

Here's a 1919 proposal for the reorganization of Germany after the Treaty of Versailles. The goal was to create fourteen Free States with comparable populations and a shared culture. It was mostly shut down due to opposition by most German states.

2000px-Deutsches_Reich_Preuss.svg.png

Here's a 1919 proposal for the reorganization of Germany after the Treaty of Versailles. The goal was to create fourteen Free States with comparable populations and a shared culture. It was mostly shut down due to opposition by most German states.
Anything with an independent Rhineland, Berlin and Silesia gets a like from me

Anything with an independent Rhineland, Berlin and Silesia gets a like from me

I mean they're not independent... It's federal states and interwar Germany just had a weird fascination with the term free state (only Baden, Hesse, and Württemberg, as well as the three Hanseatic city states didn't use it).

I mean they're not independent... It's federal states and interwar Germany just had a weird fascination with the term free state (only Baden, Hesse, and Württemberg, as well as the three Hanseatic city states didn't use it).
I just took the term reorganization the wrong way is all.

2000px-Deutsches_Reich_Preuss.svg.png
this makes me wonder: were there any projected aims for what the rest of Europe would look like if Napoleon won in the long run?

It's interesting how close this is to the post WWII Lander boundaries.

pTZz8Y9.png

On the left is the Benedetti Treaty, a proposal made by Napoleon III which essentially said "in exchange for us remaining neutral in the Austro-Prussian War we want your permission to annex/support in annexing Belgium and Luxembourg, while we'll also support your unification with the southern German states". Bismarck put off responding to it and then later pulled out a copy of it during the beginning of the Franco-Prussian War to turn public opinion in the rest of Europe against France. Here I display a Europe in which this was accepted, while also having a Bavaria with autonomy inside Germany because why not.

On the right is an offer Napoleon III supposedly made at the end of the Franco-Prussian War where France would give Germany Indochina in exchange for keeping Alsace-Lorraine. Unfortunately for France, both Bismarck and the southern states he was trying to annex were much more interested in gaining Germany A-L than a colony half way across the world in OTL.

Last edited:
pTZz8Y9.png

On the right is the Benedetti Treaty, a proposal made by Napoleon III which essentially said "in exchange for us remaining neutral in the Austro-Prussian War we want your permission to annex/support in annexing Belgium and Luxembourg, while we'll also support your unification with the southern German states". Bismarck put off responding to it and then later pulled out a copy of it during the beginning of the Franco-Prussian War to turn public opinion in the rest of Europe against France. Here I display a Europe in which this was accepted, while also having a Bavaria with autonomy inside Germany because why not.

On the left is an offer Napoleon III supposedly made at the end of the Franco-Prussian War where France would give Germany Indochina in exchange for keeping Alsace-Lorraine. Unfortunately for France, both Bismarck and the southern states he was trying to annex were much more interested in gaining Germany Alsace-Lorraine than a colony half way across the world in OTL.
This is pretty interesting and makes me wonder if Bismarck and Napoleon III would go on to form an alliance of some kind. I'd love to see a TL where the German and 2nd French Empire fight a World War against Britain and Russia.

[MAP]
The contrasts with the post World War II German states, organized I think on a similar principle, are interesting.

4A2tBhJ.jpg

A purported map of German aims in South America, created by British intelligence to convince America to join World War II.
  • South America ("the United States of South America") would be split into five gaus, the Nazi equivalent of states. The name indicates that all of South America would likely become one nation.
  • Guyana would be become property of the Vichy collaborator government, including not only French Guiana but British Guyana and Suriname as well.
  • New Spain would basically be a new Gran Colombia (Venezuela, Colombia, Ecuador, and Panama), including - either under direct or indirect control - the US-owned Panama Canal.
  • Chile on steroids (normal Chile plus Peru and part of Bolivia), with an Argentinian corridor for some reason.
  • Argentina would expand into Paraguay and another part of Bolivia, plus the "Antofagasta corridor".
  • Brazil would take the remainder of Bolivia.
Isn't that genuine?

Did you link directly to the site's copy of the image? If so, I recommend saving it and putting your own copy up on Imgur.

Here;
KJudWOM.jpg

I have... questions... about some of these borders...

Greece in Sicily? Spain in Sardinia? Revived Papal State? A Serb-Albanian union centered upon Macedonia, believed at the time to be Bulgarian, while the majority of Serbs are located in MittelEuropa?

And I'd say that the Latvia bugs me, but then I realize this is a German Map and they just drew the border along the Duchy of Courland and included Riga as well.

Probably thinking of ancient and medieval Greece colonizing and then keeping southern Italy/Sicily Hellenized till the late middle ages.

Well, yes, same as with Aragon in Sardinia, but the Catalan community there is tiny. As for the Greeks, I think the largest community of Greeks would be located in Apulia, which is not granted to Greece, but instead Calabria and Sicily are. Hence the confusion.

The Logic I fail to see here.. well, maybe that they didn't want to restore an Italian state to challenge the Papacy, but even then there were better choices.