How would China be if CP won WW1? (No USSR)

It’s an odd question, but it’s what I’ve been mulling.

How would China be if Central powers won WW1? This was before the Bolshevik Revolution so there is no USSR?

I figure there may be warlordism, but that would end when Japan would still cause problems

Would Kai-Shek take over? If he died, who would take his place (since it seemed like anyone good kept dying)?

Im not an expert on China so i wont answer the question. However Im pretty sure you will have to answer the questions below before someone more qualified can come and answer you:

1. Did Great Brittain participate in this WWI?
2. Did Japan participate?
3. Did the USA participate (very unlikely in a CP win scenario but still)
4. Was it an early CP win? - its importnat to determine in what shape Germany is
5. Did China participate?
6. Also a bit more information on what you have happening in Russia? Is there a civil war at the of the war and who is winning?

You still have the new republic failing, the new empire being a very short lived one and then shattering as every regional military leader tries to put himself on top in the new power vacuum. CP win or lose has no influence on that because it's too far away.

Depends upon when, exactly, the war ends and under what circumstances. Before von Sternberg got into the area, there was a realistic chance of China reclaiming Mongolia; the European powers being weakened would also allow for a degree of centralization, I would figure.

Im not an expert on China so i wont answer the question. However Im pretty sure you will have to answer the questions below before someone more qualified can come and answer you:

1. Did Great Brittain participate in this WWI?
2. Did Japan participate?
3. Did the USA participate (very unlikely in a CP win scenario but still)
4. Was it an early CP win? - its importnat to determine in what shape Germany is
5. Did China participate?
6. Also a bit more information on what you have happening in Russia? Is there a civil war at the of the war and who is winning?

1- Yes they did
2- Yes they did
3- No they did not
4- Germany won in late 1917, early 1918 by skin of teeth. They got France to surrender first, then Russian Republic surrendered, eventually a draw with Britain
5- Most likely
6- No civil war. Russian Republic remains, since they left the war with France gone and saw the writing on the wall

You still have the new republic failing, the new empire being a very short lived one and then shattering as every regional military leader tries to put himself on top in the new power vacuum. CP win or lose has no influence on that because it's too far away.

Yes, I get that. I meant after that given how Imperial Japan would still rise up and probably cause trouble for China

Yes, I get that. I meant after that given how Imperial Japan would still rise up and probably cause trouble for China

Given that Japan was already causing trouble for China (and had, in one way or another, since the first Sino-Japanese War in 1894-5), they're going to do what they were doing OTL: selectively back various warlords and cliques while trying to win more and more concessions for themselves.

Given that Japan was already causing trouble for China (and had, in one way or another, since the first Sino-Japanese War in 1894-5), they're going to do what they were doing OTL: selectively back various warlords and cliques while trying to win more and more concessions for themselves.

But I figure the Kuomintang would still rise up and since the communists would be absent, how is it that they would take the area and reunify China? How would this affect it when the Second Sino-Japanese war happens?

I think there be a ATL version of the May Fourth Movement, but without the USSR, the Chinese Leftists would be very different to say the least.

But I figure the Kuomintang would still rise up and since the communists would be absent, how is it that they would take the area and reunify China? How would this affect it when the Second Sino-Japanese war happens?

That depends on when and how the second Sino-Japanese War occurs.

For that matter, Russian interests still are present, even if it's the Republic. And, presumably, less former Tsarist/White Russians drifting down there as mercenaries, right?

That depends on when and how the second Sino-Japanese War occurs.

For that matter, Russian interests still are present, even if it's the Republic. And, presumably, less former Tsarist/White Russians drifting down there as mercenaries, right?

Japan doesn't lose anything from WW1, but doesn't gain anything either. They still go down an imperial path, though now inspired by Germany (they never ally given that Germany is now its best to keep its concessions together among other things).

Sino-Japanese War would happen a couple years earlier, and Russia, USA and even Mexico would get involved on China's side down the line