Status
Not open for further replies.
Can we get a Map of LEDC, MEDC ,Developing and Transitioning countries?
images (5).png

Throw me in as a vote for the Pine Tree Flag.

The pine is the Yankee symbol of choice, and it is centralized in the middle of the flag, a pleasing symbol equivalent to the Japanese or Swiss flags. The two blue bands (I'd wish for green for simplicity's sake, but that doesn't change blue still looks pretty good in and of itself) are a nice decorative framing device. The explained symbolism works best with the watery frames enveloping the snowy land and the pine that rises above it all. This is a flag passing with flying colors in both directness and simplicity, the kind all sorts of designers would kill for.

By now New England is its own country, has its own traditions, and even the Anglo portion that's nominally closest to Britain itself has its own unique history and dialect. This flag represents all that without being a dull tricolor nor cribbing the Stars and Stripes.

Very, very specific questions, but what went so wrong in Uruguay, Hungary and Romania? While inversely, what went so right in Iraq and Syria (or how they are called ITL)

Civil War/Corruption, Communism, and Communism

The Middle East is fairly stable and propped up by boatloads of American and British money. Israel used to be sponsored by the Soviet Union before they became so insane the Soviets didn't want to provoke a nuclear war for a military base in the Mediterranean.

Civil War/Corruption, Communism, and Communism

The Middle East is fairly stable and propped up by boatloads of American and British money. Israel used to be sponsored by the Soviet Union before they became so insane the Soviets didn't want to provoke a nuclear war for a military base in the Mediterranean.
Alright, thanks for the answers.

Also, the Israel of this timeline is definitely some monstrous and completely unrelated to OTLs Israel. So I don’t think I am the only one that I thinks it would be cool to see a country profile and background for Israel soon, if it’s possible.

Btw, current flag is best flag :p

Last edited:
Throw me in as a vote for the Pine Tree Flag.

The pine is the Yankee symbol of choice, and it is centralized in the middle of the flag, a pleasing symbol equivalent to the Japanese or Swiss flags. The two blue bands (I'd wish for green for simplicity's sake, but that doesn't change blue still looks pretty good in and of itself) are a nice decorative framing device. The explained symbolism works best with the watery frames enveloping the snowy land and the pine that rises above it all. This is a flag passing with flying colors in both directness and simplicity, the kind all sorts of designers would kill for.

By now New England is its own country, has its own traditions, and even the Anglo portion that's nominally closest to Britain itself has its own unique history and dialect. This flag represents all that without being a dull tricolor nor cribbing the Stars and Stripes.

I second your choice!

I really like the Pine Tree Flag, although I feel really bad for you considering that all of the stuff with New England's flag will have to be changed if you go with a new design. :p

The current flag is really good too.

VT45

Banned
If anyone here likes Geography Now, you’re just as disappointed as I am about the lack of an option where the red stands for The Blood of Those Who Fight for the Freedom(TM).

I thought Rhodesia and China would be better off

Rhodesia is better off. Considering the amount of money the Commonwealth has dumped into it. All of southern Africa is pretty bad, thanks to the South Africans. Hard to be a developing economy when your entire country was burned to the ground ~30 years ago.

As for China, not really. The coastal cities are doing pretty good, but the rural population is extremely poor. The Kuomintang dictatorship really didn't care about rural China at all, so for all the bad Mao and the Communists did, they did actually provide, you know, infrastructure for the country. The KMT didn't, and just focused on the coast. This combines to make a very unbalanced economy. Remember, China is not the world's workshop and manufacturing is really only limited to domestic things at the moment, simply because it's still seen as more cost effective to manufacture in some place like Mexico, Vietnam, or the United States/western Europe.

We'll never let the Old Flag fall,
For we love it the best of all,
We don't want to fight; to show our might,
But when we start we'll fight, fight, fight!

In peace or war, you'll hear us sing!
'God Save the Flag, God Save the Queen!'

What's up with Madagascar

Someone must have sneezed in Ulaanbaatar.

Status
Not open for further replies.