Proposals and War Aims That Didn't Happen Map Thread

Isaac Beach

Banned
John D Rockefeller Jr bought the land for the current UN Headquarters and donated it to them.

So theoretically, the only POD you need to make one of these a reality is either a faster magnate donating land or to convince Rockefeller an island by Niagara would be scenic? Neat.

Some other proposed sites include:
  • San Francisco, including the Presidio
  • Marin County, California
  • Philadelphia
  • Boston
  • Chicago
  • Westchester County, New York
  • Flushing Meadows-Corona Park

personally, for my ASB ATL, i had it written that the alternate *UN headquarters cycled between a few different cities in its early days before eventually settling in Zurich. there was no grounding in any of that, though--i'd chosen it because of Switzerland's historical neutrality.
View attachment 382964
And yet another one for Black Hills, South Dakota.
it almost looks like Epcot :p anything else on this one? i'd love to learn more about it.

The Greenwich one was voted against by the residents. As for the others, I'm not entirely certain.
John D Rockefeller wrote a scathing editorial shittalking Philadelphia. Otherwise we would have expanded Independence Mall to include the UN building. The headquarters would have been along the Delaware east of Front Street... which would have made the construction of I-95 twenty years later complicated.

personally, for my ASB ATL, i had it written that the alternate *UN headquarters cycled between a few different cities in its early days before eventually settling in Zurich. there was no grounding in any of that, though--i'd chosen it because of Switzerland's historical neutrality.

There were also proposals for the UN headquarters to return to the Palace of Nations in Geneva, the former home of the League of Nations.

Here's a map of mine from earlier this year showing the Tripartite Indenture of 1405, the war aim/proposal of Owain Glyndwr, Henry Percy, Earl of Northumberland, and Edmund Mortimer in their rebellion against Henry IV.
29xvnzn.png

Here's a map of mine from earlier this year showing the Tripartite Indenture of 1405, the war aim/proposal of Owain Glyndwr, Henry Percy, Earl of Northumberland, and Edmund Mortimer in their rebellion against Henry IV.
Damn, I need to find out how to draw like that, bud :p

Past that, I always have loved this idea. Northumbria that far south is great

Union of Sovereign States.png

Mikhail Gorbachev's proposal for the Union of Sovereign States, an aim to keep the USSR together by reorganizing it into a confederation. Some countries weren't interested, while Ukraine and Azerbaijan's status is ambiguous. This was all undone by the August 1991 coup.