Proposals and War Aims That Didn't Happen Map Thread

i'd think it would be better to make a page about this on the wiki instead, providing both the original proposal maps and the final Worlda/QBAM maps to an entry, and possibly with some textual context

More maps!:
International Territory of Palestine (or Israel), according to the original Sykes-Picot map:
Sykes_Picot_Palestine-QBAM.png

QBAM
Sykes_Picot_Palestine-MBAM.png

MBAM

I think two years ago I made a map based on Thompson's 1922 Map of his Australian States proposal on Deviant Art.

thompson_s_1922_map_of_proposed_new_states_by_louisthefox-dagct1u.png

This is the actual image of his proposal which at the time I also posted on Imgur.

If you ask me this is by far the strangest way to split Australia into more states, hell Western Australia looks like it had a massive heart attack from this proposal.

4.-United-Nations20130306121316.jpg

One of the United Nations' first proposed sites was a 42-square-mile enclave in Greenwich, Connecticut, north of the Merritt Parkway, along with parts of Stamford and North Castle.

It would be called the Free City of the United Nations, with a territorial situation kind of like Vatican City. Its construction would have involved a new railroad and four-lane highway, an airport, a sewage treatment plant, a residential section, a business section, hotel, power plants, churches, schools, a hospital, fire and police stations, and 12-story administration building modeled after the Pentagon with room for 50,000 office workers. Many, many diplomats and dignitaries, along with their families, would live and work here.

View attachment 382875
One of the United Nations' first proposed sites was a 42-square-mile enclave in Greenwich, Connecticut, north of the Merritt Parkway, along with parts of Stamford and North Castle.

It would be called the Free City of the United Nations, with a territorial situation kind of like Vatican City. Its construction would have involved a new railroad and four-lane highway, an airport, a sewage treatment plant, a residential section, a business section, hotel, power plants, churches, schools, a hospital, fire and police stations, and 12-story administration building modeled after the Pentagon with room for 50,000 office workers. Many, many diplomats and dignitaries, along with their families, would live and work here.
Hnnnnng

View attachment 382875

I think the idea to make Navy Island + Grand Island into a UN city would work a bit better so it would just be an enclave surrounded by one nation.