Catherine of Valois might be best remembered for her marriage to Henry V, but her most important contribution to world history actually comes from her illicit second marriage, or at least relationship, with Owen Tudor, resulting in the Tudor dynasty via her grandson Henry.

While I don’t plan to write this timeline (for time reasons mainly) I was wondering how Catherine's early demise would change history. You can kill her at any point between her marriage to Henry V and about 1430 (when her relationship with Owen Tudor starts) but she can’t survive past 1431

Can’t wait to see what you come up with.

Catherine of Valois might be best remembered for her marriage to Henry V, but her most important contribution to world history actually comes from her illicit second marriage, or at least relationship, with Owen Tudor, resulting in the Tudor dynasty via her grandson Henry.

While I don’t plan to write this timeline (for time reasons mainly) I was wondering how Catherine's early demise would change history. You can kill her at any point between her marriage to Henry V and about 1430 (when her relationship with Owen Tudor starts) but she can’t survive past 1431

Can’t wait to see what you come up with.

Can't we just let her marry the Beaufort boy she originally wanted to marry to get her out of Owen's reach? She doesn't have to die. Unless she does and then we just do what @BlueFlowwer suggested and let her first kid kill her.

Can't we just let her marry the Beaufort boy she originally wanted to marry to get her out of Owen's reach? She doesn't have to die. Unless she does and then we just do what @BlueFlowwer suggested and let her first kid kill her.

The issue is that Gloucester, who was in charge of the regency in England, won't let Catherine legally marry (to prevent a potential step-father from gaining influence and possibly eclipsing him in the King's favor).

IOTL he went as far as making anyone who married Catherine before the King's majority forfeit their lands and titles (which is what drove Beaufort away). The only reason she married Owen is because he, as a Welshman, had no titles or property to lose. Unless something changes to prevent any suitors from choosing between Catherine and their inheritance, she's destined for Tudor or a similarly poor servant who has nothing to lose by marrying her.

The main way I could see Catherine living without her union with Tudor (or someone similar) is if Gloucester, after the rumors about her and Beaufort, strongly encourages Catherine to join a local convent to pray for her son's success,

Absent Tudor, the crucial question is whm does Margaret Beaufort marry?

Of course, if CdV has children by someone else, it may still be a half-brother of the King, but this is by no means certain.

One intriguing thought.. MB was approximately the same age as the future Edward IV. Any way she could end up married to him? Could be interesting.

Absent Tudor, the crucial question is whm does Margaret Beaufort marry?

Of course, if CdV has children by someone else, it may still be a half-brother of the King, but this is by no means certain.

One intriguing thought.. MB was approximately the same age as the future Edward IV. Any way she could end up married to him? Could be interesting.

Well, if Kate can't survive past 1431, there's every possibility that one of Marge's mommy's former husbands could live longer, or that her dad won't marry the same (or better still, not kill himself, and she has legitimate brothers which makes her no more an heiress than the next girl). Not sure how strong these possibilities would be, but they do exist.