Proposals and War Aims That Didn't Happen Map Thread

First off, really cool map! Although, I think the purpose of the Co-Prosperity Sphere was to be a Pan-Asian organization meant to fend off against western nations (specifically European colonial empires) and, while I heard that the Japanese planned to install a monarch on the throne of an American puppet state, otherwise never really planned to incorporate the US into the Co-Prosperity Sphere, just to end American influence in the Pacific.
Who would the Japanese install as an American monarch? I'd assume a relative of Hirohito, considering that there isn't any history of monarchism in the U.S., but I was wondering if they had specific plans for someone to place on the throne.

Who would the Japanese install as an American monarch? I'd assume a relative of Hirohito, considering that there isn't any history of monarchism in the U.S., but I was wondering if they had specific plans for someone to place on the throne.
I think it was a relative of Hirohito, here's the video I found it in.

I haven't seen the video in awhile and looking back it was more educated speculation rather than an actual plan. Still, I can see a Japanese puppet state carved out of the former US having, at the very least, something like a governor-general from Japan. That, or the Co-Prosperity Sphere evolves into something like the British Commonwealth in the sense that all members have the monarch of Japan as their head of state, albeit only a heads of state for ceremonial purposes.

German nonexistant.jpg

A Europe without Germany

Deleted member 97083

View attachment 382175
Ferdinand I of Bulgaria, like many other European leaders at the time, had ambitions to create a New Byzantium.
How was he going to do that?
He did live to 1948. So maybe if he won the Balkan Wars and kept those territorial gains, then sided with the Entente winning WW1 making annexations in the treaty of Sevres, stayed in power, unofficially sided with the Axis in WW2 to conquer the rest of Greece, Albania, and Turkey, and then switched sides, setting up Bulgaria to become a neutral state like Francoist Spain in the early Cold War.

Last edited by a moderator:
One of their goals was dismembering Prussia, which they wanted to do by restoring Hanover's independence.

Was it Hanover's independence, or Hanover's reestablishment as a separate Kingdom within Germany to reduce the influence of Prussia?

It only says Prussia must be dismembered, and Hanover restored, and both of those could be accomplished within Germany (while also removing the Rheinland from Prussia as well), perhaps with other regions of Prussia given new national identities to destroy Prussian dominance of German politics.

The sentiment makes some sense, as Prussia absolutely dominated all of German politics up to that point in time.

I really doubt that Russia wanted Germany so weakened in the West. I get the change in the German/Russian border. That makes sense.

He was going to let Hungary keep Subcarpathia?

Southern Germany, Austria, Hungary, and Subcarpathia were all going to be made into a new South German State.