Character Matters - A Haslam 2016 TL

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's great so far. Haslam sounds like a great GOP nominee. I'll wait to see who he picks for his running mate, who the Democrats pick, and what hos cabinet is like. Can PM you ideas for this, if you're interested.

I already have a prototype for his administration but anyone can pm ideas

Having Biden in this makes for an interesting butterfly.

Biden join because much Hillary, he thinks it's "his time". This, of course, splits the establishment vote, allowing Bernie to win Iowa and Nevada when IOTL he didn't. Of course, this can backfire on him, like it will in New York

Bill Haslam Super Tuesday Victory Speech
636487799321111690--nas-bridgestone-06.jpg

"Thank you, everyone!

Thanks to your support, we had a big night tonight and we are now approximately in half way from the nomination. After eight years of Barack Obama marked by growing terrorist threat and sluggish economic growth, the American people decided to go to the polls on this Super Tuesday in order to decide who is the best to lead America for the future, to bring justice, security, prosperity and national unity back in the United Staes of America. It's time for morality to return to our Diplomacy. It's time for riots to end. It's time that the United States lowers it's taxes for everyone in this country. America needs stability and it needs to be affordable for all. We need better, reformed Free Trade. A Free Trade that is fair and free for Everyone. A lowering of Tariffs across the board will allow other countries to move forward in trade and our Economy to boom greatly. A New Education system. A new Healthcare system. A reformation of our Immigration Policy. It's time for real hope and real Change for everyone. I promise, this November, I will fight for you and Only you!

This great victory on Super Tuesday will push us to win the Republican nomination, to unite and grow our party, to promote an agenda that will bring America together, to defeat Hillary Clinton, Joe Biden or Bernie Sanders on November and to bring this country back on track and in the right direction, which includes energy independence, free trade for the sake of our economic competitiveness in the global economy, a fairer education system, budget balance, business championing, A stronger military, stronger international security and stronger national unity.

We need to move in this direction right here right now and this direction will lead us to a New American Century.

Thank you, may God Bless the United States of America.
"

Bill Haslam Schedule (March 2nd-March 5th)
March 2nd

- Flight to New Orleans, Louisiana

- Meet with Voters at Audobon Zoo

- Foreign Policy Speech at The National WWII Museum

- Bus Trip to Layfayette, Louisiana

- Energy Policy Speech at Layfayette Science Museum

- Eat Lunch at Randol's Seafood Resteraunt

- Meet with Voters at Layfayette Bowling Center

- Flight to Witchita, Kansas

- Rally at Exploration Place

- Meet with Voters at Exploration Place

- Bus Trip to Topeka

- Rally at Gage Park

- Flight to Louisville, Kentucky

- Economic policy speech at the General Electric facility in Louisville, KY

- Rally at the Muhammad Ali Center in Louisville, KY

- Fundraising event at the Frazier Museum in Louisville, KY

- Speech at the Kentucky Center in Louisville, KY

- Speech at Louisville Slugger Field in Louisville, KY

- Meet with college voters at University of Louisville in Louisville, KY

- Economic policy and foreign policy speech at the University of Louisville in Louisville, KY

- Barnstorm at the Fourth Street Live! in Louisville, KY

- Supper with the voters at the Hard Rock Cafe at the Fourth Street Live! in Louisville, KY

- Bus Trip to Lexington, Kentucky

- Rally at McConnel Springs

- Meet with Voters in Raven Run Nature Sanctuary

- Debate Prep

March 3rd

- Flight to Detroit, Michigan

- April Fool's Day rally with supporters in Detroit, MI

- Rally at the Spirit of Detroit in Detroit, MI

- Fundraising event at the Fisher Building in Detroit, MI

- Speech at the Eastern Market Historic District in Detroit, MI

- Education policy speech in Detroit, MI

- Meet with college voters at Wayne State University in Detroit, MI

- Innovation policy speech at the Metropolitan Center for High Technology in Detroit, MI

- Fundraising supper with the voters at the Westin Book Cadillac Detroit in Detroit, MI

- Breakfast with the voters at the Westin Book Cadillac Detroit in Detroit, MI

- Economic policy speech at the Renaissance Center in Detroit, MI

- Energy policy speech at Detroit Diesel Corporation headquarters in Detroit, MI

- Economic policy speech at the Henry Ford Museum in Detroit, MI:

"Due to Barack Obama’s and big government policies such as high taxes and regulations on businesses and on energy industry, America’s automobile industry is declining. Detroit represents a great example of this matter of fact. In the last eight years, Detroit is in downturn due to the struggles that our automobile industry is facing. And in 2013, Detroit declared bankrupcy, which killed tens of thousands of jobs. It risks of causing a domino effect: since automotive manufacturing is one of Chicago’s main economic activities, Detroit’s bankruptcy risks of putting Chicago into bankruptcy as well, which will hurt the U.S. economy. If we don’t take action, this domino effect will hit Milwaukee, Minneapolis, Saint Paul, Cleveland, etc. Barack Obama's failed economic policies caused the offshoring of many of our companies, which cost much more American jobs.

But I have a plan to relaunch America’s automotive industry: by cutting taxes and abolishing regulations on businesses of all sizes (small, medium and big), including automotive industry companies and manufacturing industries, we will increase our companies’ capacity of open, to grow, to expand, to produce, to innovate and to create jobs. If I’m President, I will reduce the cost of doing business in America, which will convince our future business owners that America is the best place in the world to open a new business, which will help them to lead successful business careers and to create jobs. We also need to embrace energy independence, which requires using all of our sources of energies and increasing oil drilling and production. As President of the United States, I will double permits on federal lands, approve the construction of the Keystone XL pipeline as well as oil drilling in ANWR. Under my administration, we will build a transcontinental pipeline from Oil to Utah. We will also drill oil resources on the Arctic by increasing the number of oil platforms and by encouraging the manufacturing of underwater tankers that will be able to exploit underwater oil and gas resources. That way, we will be able to encourage oil exploitation, drilling and production without hurting the environment. That way, we will not only bring massive job creation in America but also get all the necessary revenues for the development of renewable energies such as wind, solar, hydroelectric, nuclear energies, which will bring, as a result, the development of an automotive industry manufacturing cars that will function through renewable energies, thus making America the world energy superpower and helping us creating jobs for the American people, for all Americans from all social classes.

My plan to get us energy independence will also relaunch and grow our automotive industry because it will encourage automotive manufacturing in America. It will also reduce the cost of buying American cars, which will, thanks to a stronger purchasing power, encourage our consumers to buy more American cars rather than Asian cars that will be more expensive. So it will encourage the opening of new automotive companies all across America, including here in Detroit. Also, I plan on reforming the Trans-Pacific Partnership(TPP) because, combined with tariff reduction, the path that I’m proposing to clinch energy independence and a greener path will make sure that we will be competitive in the Asia-Pacific since American cars will be less expensive than Asian cars. It will encourage more international consumers, including in the Asia-Pacific to buy American cars, which will be beneficial for our automotive industry and for our economy.

So I’m asking for your vote to grow our automotive industry, to save Detroit, its neighbors and all America from bankruptcy and depression, to lead us to energy independence and permanent economic prosperity and to accomplish our goal of bringing full employment in this country for the sake of the U.S. economy and the American Dream.

Thank you. God bless America.
"

- Speech at the Detroit Institute of Arts in Detroit, MI

- Rally at Ford Field in Detroit, MI

- Barnstorm at Black Bottom in Detroit, MI, in an effort to attract African-American voters

- Fundraising event at the MGM Grand Detroit in Detroit, MI

- Speech at the Fox Theatre in Detroit, MI

- Advertisement filming in Detroit, MI

- Debate preparation

- Bill Haslam debates with Marco Rubio at the Fox Theatre in Detroit, MI

March 4th

- Flight to National Harbor, Maryland, to give a speech at the Conservative Political Action Conference

- Fundraising event at the Louisville Slugger Museum & Factory in Louisville, Kentucky

- Speech at the Cathedral of the Assumption in Louisville, KY

- Rally with Mitch McConnell in Louisville, KY

- Speech at Christian Academy of Louisville, KY

- Rally at Louisville Waterfront Park in Louisville, KY

- Speech at the Lexington History Center in Lexington, KY

- Meet with college voters at Transylvania University in Lexington, KY

- Agriculture policy speech at Simplot headquarters in Boise, Idaho

- Economic policy speech at Micron Technology, Inc. headquarters in Boise, ID

- Fundraising event at the Boise Art Museum in Boise, ID

- Rally at Memorial Stadium in Boise, ID

- Economic policy speech at the Amalgamated Sugar Company headquarters in Nampa, ID

- Meet with college voters at the Northwest Nazarene University in Nampa, ID

- Bus trip to Idaho falls

- Foreign policy speech at Idaho State Vietnam Veterans Memorial in Freeman Park in Idaho Falls, ID

- Veteran policy speech at War Memorial in Idaho Falls, ID

- Barnstorm in Idaho Falls, ID

- Speech at Idaho State University in Pocatello, ID

- Rally at Holt Arena, ID

- Barnstorm in Pocatello

March 5th

- Campaign across Maine

- Watch the results of the primaries and caucuses in Kentucky, Kansas, Louisiana and Maine

Eleventh and Final Republican Presidential Primary Debate
Fox.Theatre.original.36346.jpg

Date: March 3, 2016

Place: Fox Theatre, Detroit, Michigan

Host: Fox News

Moderators: Chris Wallace, Megyn Kelly and Bret Baier

Podium order based on the candidates' standing in the polls:

HASLAM RUBIO

Screen Shot 2018-04-16 at 10.36.05 AM.png

(Main Excerpt)
Kelly: "Governor Haslam, there are some concerns that you don't have enough political experience in Washington to be the Nominee or be President. How are you any more experienced than Marco Rubio?"

Haslam: "
First, I want to say 'Fool me once, Shame on you, fool me twice, Shame on me.'. Now,
let's remember something. Every morning when a United States senator wakes up, they think about what kind of speech can I give or what kind of bill can I drop? Every morning, when I wake up, I think about what kind of problem do I need to solve for the people who actually elected me?
It's a different experience, it's a much different experience. And the fact is, Marco, you shouldn't compare yourself to Joe Biden and you shouldn't say that that's what we're doing. Here is exactly what we're doing.

You have not be involved in a consequential decision where you had to be held accountable. You just simply haven't.

(APPLAUSE)

And the fact is -- the fact when you talk about the Hezbollah Sanctions Act that you list as one of your accomplishments you just did, you weren't even there to vote for it. That's not leadership, that's truancy.

(APPLAUSE)

And the fact is that what we need to do -- what we need to have in this country is not to make the same mistake we made eight years ago. The fact is it does matter when you have to make decisions and be held accountable for them. It does matter when the challenges don't come on a list of a piece of paper of what to vote yes or no every day, but when the problems come in from the people that you serve.

I like Marco Rubio, and he's a smart person and a good guy, but he simply does not have the experience to be president of the United States and make these decisions. We've watched it happen, everybody."

Rubio: "If I may respond to that."

Wallace: "Of course, Senator Rubio."

Rubio: "Well, I think the experience is not just what you did, but how it worked out. In the last debate, you admitted that the Labor Force has been diminished since you first became Governor, Bill. But I would add this. Let's dispel with this fiction that Barack Obama doesn't know what he's doing. He knows exactly what he's doing. He is trying to change this country. He wants America to become more like the rest of the world. We don't want to be like the rest of the world, we want to be the United States of America. And when I'm elected president, this will become once again, the single greatest nation in the history of the world, not the disaster Barack Obama has imposed upon us."

Baier: "Thank you Senator. Your response, Governor?"

Haslam: "I think he mentioned me and my record in there, so I think I get a chance to respond. You see, everybody, I want the people at home to think about this. That's what Washington, D.C. Does. The drive-by shot at the beginning with incorrect and incomplete information and then the memorized 25-second speech that is exactly what his advisers gave him.

(APPLAUSE)

See Marco, the thing is this. When you're president of the United States, when you're a governor of a state, the memorized 30-second speech where you talk about how great America is at the end of it doesn't solve one problem for one person. They expect you to plow the snow. They expect you to get the schools open. They expect you to turn the state around from disaster. That's what I've done as Governor of Tennessee

None of that stuff happens on the floor of the United States Senate. It's a fine job, I'm glad you ran for it, but it does not prepare you for president of the United States.
"

(APPLAUSE)

Kelly: "Senator Rubio?"

Rubio: "Here's the bottom line. This notion that Barack Obama doesn't know what he's doing is just not true. He knows exactly what he's doing."

Haslam: "There it is. The memorized 25-second speech."

Rubio: "Well, that's the -- that's the reason why this campaign is so important. Because I think this notion -- I think this is an important point. We have to understand what we're going through here. We are not facing a president that doesn't know what he's doing. He knows what he is doing. That's why he's done the things he's done.

That's why we have a president that passed Obamacare and the stimulus. All this damage that he's done to America is deliberate. This is a president that's trying to redefine this country. That's why this election is truly a referendum on our identity as a nation, as a people. Our future is at stake.

This election is not about the past. It is about what kind of country this is going to be in the 21st century, and if we elect someone like Barack Obama, a Hillary Clinton, a Bernie Sanders, a Joe Biden or anyone like that, our children are going to be the first Americans to inherit a diminishes country. That will not happen if I'm elected.
"

Haslam: "You know what the shame is -- you know what the shame is, Senator? The shame is that you would actually criticize somebody for showing up to work, plowing the streets, getting the trains running back on time when you've never been responsible for that in your entire life."

Who Won the Debate?

Haslam: 68%

Rubio: 31%
Unsure: 1%​

KANSAS, KENTUCKY, LOUISIANA, MAINE AND NEBRASKA PRIMARIES AND CAUCUSES
KANSAS, KENTUCKY, LOUISIANA, MAINE AND NEBRASKA PRIMARIES AND CAUCUSES, 2016

t1cnnelection2016.jpg

CNN Election Theme:

02272016%2BAC%2Bin%2BDC%2Bfor%2BDem%2BSC%2Bprimary.JPG

Blitzer: "Good evening ladies and gentlemen, I'm Wolf Blitzer in the CNN Election Center. Welcome to the coverage of the Republican primaries and caucuses in Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana and Maine as well as the Democratic primaries and caucuses in Kansas, Kentucky and Nebraska. It's 8 PM and we can project that Bill Haslam is leading by a lot in Kansas."

Kansas Republican Caucuses Exit Polls (40 Delegates):

Haslam: 62.37%
Rubio: 37.63%
Blitzer: "For the Democrats, Bernie Sanders is on the lead in Kansas, though Biden has a chance to catch up"

Kansas Democratic Caucuses Exit Polls (37 Delegates):

Sanders: 43.71%

Biden: 36.18%
Clinton: 20.11%

8:30 PM
Blitzer: "It's 8:30 PM and we can project that Bill Haslam is ahead of the Republican field in the second congressional district (Topeka's location)."

Kansas Republican Caucuses (50% Reporting) [40 Delegates]:

Haslam: 66.21%
Rubio: 33.79%
Blitzer: "For the Democrats, Sanders continues to dominate as Biden makes small progress."

Kansas Democratic Caucuses Exit Polls (50% Reporting) [37 Delegates]:

Sanders: 47.64%
Biden: 40.23%
Clinton: 12.13%

8:45 PM

Kansas Republican Caucuses (75% Reporting) [40 Delegates]:

Haslam: 67.45%
Rubio: 32.55%

Kansas Democratic Caucuses Exit Polls (75% Reporting) [37 Delegates]:

Sanders: 45.64%
Biden: 43.23%

9:00 PM
Blitzer: "It's 9:00 PM and Bill Haslam wins the Kansas Republican Caucuses with 72.34% of the vote and all 40 Delegates against Rubio's 27.66% of the vote."

Kansas Republican Caucuses (100% Reporting) [40 Delegates]:

Haslam: 72.34% (40 Delegates)
Rubio: 27.66%

1508531541686.jpg

BILL HASLAM WINS REPUBLICAN KANSAS CAUCUSES
Blitzer: "Bernie Sanders wins Kansas with 46.44% and gets 20 Delegates while Joe Biden wins 44.54% and 17 Delegates while Hillary Clinton won 9.02% of the vote."

Kansas Democratic Caucuses Exit Polls (100% Reporting) [37 Delegates]:

Sanders: 46.44% (20 Delegates)
Biden: 44.54% (17 Delegates)
Clinton: 9.02%

BernieSanders.jpg

BERNIE SANDERS WINS KANSAS DEMOCRATIC CAUCUSES
Blitzer: "We now go to Louisiana, where Governor Haslam is leading Senator Rubio by 3 points."

Louisiana Republican Caucuses (25% Reporting) [46 Delegates]:

Haslam: 51.67%
Rubio: 48.23%
Blitzer: "For the Democrats, it's a clear battle between Hillary Clinton and Joe Biden with Hillary having a clear edge especially in southern counties and the Baton Rouge and New Orleans regions. This must be once again due to Clinton's massive support among African-Americans."

Louisiana Democratic Caucuses (25% Reporting) [59 Delegates]:

Clinton: 47.88%
Biden: 42.11%
Sanders: 10.01%

9:15 PM
Blitzer: "It's 9:15 PM EST and Haslam has just expanded his lead as he wins Louisiana's southern counties: he leads in the Orleans county (New Orleans location) and the counties around the East Baton Rouge county."

Louisiana Republican Caucuses (50% Reporting) [46 Delegates]:

Haslam: 58.19%

Rubio: 41.81%
Blitzer: "Clinton continues to Dominate as she sweeps Louisiana's northern counties."

Louisiana Democratic Caucuses (50% Reporting) [59 Delegates]:

Clinton: 51.23%

Biden: 45.46%
Sanders: 3.31%

9:30 PM

Louisiana Republican Caucuses (75% Reporting) [46 Delegates]:

Haslam: 62.44%

Rubio: 37.56%

Louisiana Democratic Caucuses (75% Reporting) [59 Delegates]:

Clinton: 49.31%
Biden: 47.78%
Sanders: 2.91%

9:45 PM

Blitzer: "It's 9:45 PM EST and we can Project that with 67.81% of the vote, Bill Haslam wins the State of Louisiana and all of it's 46 Delegates. Hillary Clinton wins Louisiana with 48.76% of the vote and 32 of it's 59 Delegates while Joe Biden wins with 48.51% of the vote and gets 27 Delegates. Sanders is the biggest Loser however with 2.73% of the vote.

Louisiana Republican Caucuses (100% Reporting) [46 Delegates]:

Haslam: 67.81%

Rubio: 32.19%

1508531541686.jpg

BILL HASLAM WINS LOUISIANA REPUBLICAN CAUCUSES

Louisiana Democratic Caucuses (100% Reporting) [59 Delegates]:
Clinton: 49.31% (32 Delegates)
Biden: 47.78% (27 Delegates)

hillary-clinton-9251306-2-402.jpg

HILLARY CLINTON WINS LOUISIANA DEMOCRATIC CAUCUSES
Blitzer: "Let's go to Kentucky. We can see that Bill Haslam is leading in Kentucky after going ahead his rivals in most of Kentucky's northern counties, including in Jefferson county (home to Louisville), Franklin county (home to Frankfort) and all their neighboring counties earlier today. Now, at 9:45 PM, he wins Fayette county (home to Lexington) and most of Kentucky's northern counties while Marco Rubio is leading in most of the southern counties."

Kentucky Republican Caucuses (50% Reporting) [46 Delegates]:

Haslam: 65.42%
Rubio: 34.58%

10:00 PM
Blitzer: "It's 10 PM EST and Haslam shows great dominance in Kentucky's western region."

Kentucky Republican Caucuses (75% Reporting) [46 Delegates]:

Haslam: 68.78%
Rubio: 31.22%

10:15 PM
Blitzer: "It's now 10:15 PM EST and Governor Haslam has won all 46 Delegates in the Republican Caucuses in Kentucky with 73.51% of the vote to Marco Rubio's 26.49% of the vote."

Kentucky Republican Caucuses (100% Reporting) [46 Delegates]:

Haslam: 68.78% (46 Delegates)

1508531541686.jpg

BILL HASLAM WINS KENTUCKY REPUBLICAN CAUCUSES
Blitzer: "Anderson, we seemed to have missed something."

Cooper: "Indeed, Already 75% of the votes in Maine are reported and Marco Rubio is leading by a moderate margin in Maine due to his lead in all the counties."

Maine Republican Caucuses (75% Reporting) [23 Delegates]:

Rubio: 51.72%
Haslam: 48.28%

10:30 PM
Blitzer: "It's 10:30 PM EST and with 50.61% of the vote going towards him, Marco Rubio wins 13 Delegates while with 49.39% of the vote, Haslam wins 10 Delegates."

Maine Republican Caucuses (100% Reporting) [23 Delegates]:

Rubio: 50.61% (13 Delegates)
Haslam: 49.39% (10 Delegates)

220px-Marco_Rubio,_Official_Portrait,_112th_Congress.jpg

MARCO RUBIO WINS MAINE REPUBLICAN CAUCUSES
Blitzer: "Now let's turn our attention towards Nebraska for the Democrats and Bernie Sanders leads Joe Biden and Hillary Clinton."

Nebraska Democratic Caucuses (75% Reporting) [30 Delegates]:

Sanders: 46.51%
Biden: 42.33%
Clinton: 11.16%

10:45 PM
Blitzer: "It's now 10:45 PM EST and we can project that Bernie Sanders wins the Nebraska Democratic Caucuses with 48.19% of the vote and thusly gets 16 Delegates while Joe Biden, who won 45.62% of the vote, gets 14 Delegates. Hillary Clinton comes out the most bloodied here as she won only 6.19% of the vote."

Nebraska Democratic Caucuses (100% Reporting) [30 Delegates]:

Sanders: 48.19% (16 Delegates)
Biden: 45.62% (14 Delegates)
Clinton: 6.19%

BernieSanders.jpg

BERNIE SANDERS WINS DEMOCRATIC NEBRASKA CAUCUSES
Blitzer: "Anderson, King, Do you have any analysis before we close tonight?"

Cooper: "You may say the clear winner for the Democrats tonight was Bernie Sanders because he won 2 of the 3 Caucuses tonight. You'd be wrong, however. The real Victor Tonight was Joe Biden. He carried 58 Delegates Tonight and if we add that to his total, He's at 382 Delegates. Bernie Sanders won 36 Delegates tonight. Add that to his total and you get 361 Delegates. Finally, Hillary Clinton won 32 Delegates. We add that to her total and you get 552. All in all, tonight has raised the chances for a brokered Democratic Convention higher."

King: "For the Republicans, Rubio is very quickly losing steam after the last Debate as Haslam has won 142 Delegates tonight against Rubio's 13 Delegates won tonight. Let's add that to their totals...Haslam stands at 643 Delegates while Rubio stands at 192 Delegates. Haslam just needs to carry a few more Big states like Illinois and Nomination city."

Blitzer: "Very Interesting. We'll see you tomorrow for the coverage of the Puerto Rico Republican primary and the Maine Democratic caucuses. Good night."

PARTY PRIMARIES DELEGATE COUNT:

REPUBLICANS:

genusmap.php

Bill Haslam - 643 Delegates
Marco Rubio - 192 Delegates

Ted Cruz - 35 Delegates
Donald Trump - 7 Delegates
Jeb Bush - 1 Delegate
John Kasich - 1 Delegate
Ben Carson - 1 Delegate
Rick Santourum - 1 Delegate
Mike Huckabee - 1 Delegate
Carly Fiorina - 1 Delegate

DEMOCRATS:

genusmap.php

Hillary Clinton - 552 Delegates
Joe Biden - 382 Delegates
Bernie Sanders - 361 Delegates
Martin O'Malley - 1 Delegate

Last edited:
Great excerpt.

Thanks. It was actually an edited version of the fight between Christie and Rubio at the New Hampshire Debate IOTL. Since Christie drops out days before Iowa ITTL, that doesn't happen, allowing Haslam to pounce.

Haslam's got it in the bag. If I was a character in this take on 2016, He'd get my vote in the ohio primary and general.

He certainly would have it in the bag. He just needs to win the states of Illinois, Michigan, Ohio, and New York and take a clear majority of their Delegates in order for him to be Nominated early, which is very possible by now. What do you think of the Democrats though?

Great updates, more excerpts when you can. Curious, what's Haslam like personality wise?

He's kind and polite but he isn't afraid to speak his mind and give an attack, like was seen in the final debate.

If anyone is interested, I have a Discord server for this so you *might* get Sneak peek of future. updates as well as give me new ideas. Just PM me for the invite.

CalBear

Donor
Monthly Donor
KANSAS, KENTUCKY, LOUISIANA, MAINE AND NEBRASKA PRIMARIES AND CAUCUSES, 2016

t1cnnelection2016.jpg

CNN Election Theme:

02272016%2BAC%2Bin%2BDC%2Bfor%2BDem%2BSC%2Bprimary.JPG

Blitzer: "Good evening ladies and gentlemen, I'm Wolf Blitzer in the CNN Election Center. Welcome to the coverage of the Republican primaries and caucuses in Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana and Maine as well as the Democratic primaries and caucuses in Kansas, Kentucky and Nebraska. It's 8 PM and we can project that Bill Haslam is leading by a lot in Kansas."

Kansas Republican Caucuses Exit Polls (40 Delegates):

Haslam: 62.37%
Rubio: 37.63%
Blitzer: "For the Democrats, Bernie Sanders is on the lead in Kansas, though Biden has a chance to catch up"

Kansas Democratic Caucuses Exit Polls (37 Delegates):

Sanders: 43.71%

Biden: 36.18%
Clinton: 20.11%

8:30 PM
Blitzer: "It's 8:30 PM and we can project that Bill Haslam is ahead of the Republican field in the second congressional district (Topeka's location)."

Kansas Republican Caucuses (50% Reporting) [40 Delegates]:

Haslam: 66.21%
Rubio: 33.79%
Blitzer: "For the Democrats, Sanders continues to dominate as Biden makes small progress."

Kansas Democratic Caucuses Exit Polls (50% Reporting) [37 Delegates]:

Sanders: 47.64%
Biden: 40.23%

8:45 PM

Kansas Republican Caucuses (75% Reporting) [40 Delegates]:

Haslam: 67.45%
Rubio: 32.55%

Kansas Democratic Caucuses Exit Polls (75% Reporting) [37 Delegates]:

Sanders: 45.64%
Biden: 43.23%

9:00 PM
Blitzer: "It's 9:00 PM and Bill Haslam wins the Kansas Republican Caucuses with 72.34% of the vote and all 40 Delegates against Rubio's 27.66% of the vote."

Kansas Republican Caucuses (100% Reporting) [40 Delegates]:

Haslam: 72.34% (40 Delegates)
Rubio: 27.66%

1508531541686.jpg

BILL HASLAM WINS REPUBLICAN KANSAS CAUCUSES
Blitzer: "Bernie Sanders wins Kansas with 46.44% and gets 20 Delegates while Joe Biden wins 44.54% and 17 Delegates while Hillary Clinton won 9.02% of the vote."

Kansas Democratic Caucuses Exit Polls (100% Reporting) [37 Delegates]:

Sanders: 46.44% (20 Delegates)
Biden: 44.54% (17 Delegates)
Clinton: 9.02%

BernieSanders.jpg

BERNIE SANDERS WINS KANSAS DEMOCRATIC CAUCUSES
Blitzer: "We now go to Louisiana, where Governor Haslam is leading Senator Rubio by 3 points."

Louisiana Republican Caucuses (25% Reporting) [46 Delegates]:

Haslam: 51.67%
Rubio: 48.23%
Blitzer: "For the Democrats, it's a clear battle between Hillary Clinton and Joe Biden with Hillary having a clear edge especially in southern counties and the Baton Rouge and New Orleans regions. This must be once again due to Clinton's massive support among African-Americans."

Louisiana Democratic Caucuses (25% Reporting) [59 Delegates]:

Clinton: 47.88%
Biden: 42.11%
Sanders: 10.01%

9:15 PM
Blitzer: "It's 9:15 PM EST and Haslam has just expanded his lead as he wins Louisiana's southern counties: he leads in the Orleans county (New Orleans location) and the counties around the East Baton Rouge county."

Louisiana Republican Caucuses (50% Reporting) [46 Delegates]:

Haslam: 58.19%

Rubio: 41.81%
Blitzer: "Clinton continues to Dominate as she sweeps Louisiana's northern counties."

Louisiana Democratic Caucuses (50% Reporting) [59 Delegates]:

Clinton: 51.23%

Biden: 45.46%
Sanders: 3.31%

9:30 PM

Louisiana Republican Caucuses (75% Reporting) [46 Delegates]:

Haslam: 62.44%

Rubio: 37.56%

Louisiana Democratic Caucuses (75% Reporting) [59 Delegates]:

Clinton: 49.31%
Biden: 47.78%

9:45 PM

Blitzer: "It's 9:45 PM EST and we can Project that with 67.81% of the vote, Bill Haslam wins the State of Louisiana and all of it's 46 Delegates. Hillary Clinton wins Louisiana with 48.76% of the vote and 32 of it's 59 Delegates while Joe Biden wins with 48.51% of the vote and gets 27 Delegates. Sanders is the biggest Loser however with 2.73% of the vote.

Louisiana Republican Caucuses (100% Reporting) [46 Delegates]:

Haslam: 67.81%

Rubio: 32.19%

1508531541686.jpg

BILL HASLAM WINS LOUISIANA REPUBLICAN CAUCUSES

Louisiana Democratic Caucuses (100% Reporting) [59 Delegates]:
Clinton: 49.31% (32 Delegates)
Biden: 47.78% (27 Delegates)

hillary-clinton-9251306-2-402.jpg

HILLARY CLINTON WINS LOUISIANA DEMOCRATIC CAUCUSES
Blitzer: "Let's go to Kentucky. We can see that Bill Haslam is leading in Kentucky after going ahead his rivals in most of Kentucky's northern counties, including in Jefferson county (home to Louisville), Franklin county (home to Frankfort) and all their neighboring counties earlier today. Now, at 9:45 PM, he wins Fayette county (home to Lexington) and most of Kentucky's northern counties while Marco Rubio is leading in most of the southern counties."

Kentucky Republican Caucuses (50% Reporting) [46 Delegates]:

Haslam: 65.42%
Rubio: 34.58%

10:00 PM
Blitzer: "It's 10 PM EST and Haslam shows great dominance in Kentucky's western region."

Kentucky Republican Caucuses (75% Reporting) [46 Delegates]:

Haslam: 68.78%

10:15 PM
Blitzer: "It's now 10:15 PM EST and Governor Haslam has won all 46 Delegates in the Republican Caucuses in Kentucky with 73.51% of the vote to Marco Rubio's 26.49% of the vote."

Kentucky Republican Caucuses (100% Reporting) [46 Delegates]:

Haslam: 68.78% (46 Delegates)

1508531541686.jpg

BILL HASLAM WINS KENTUCKY REPUBLICAN CAUCUSES
Blitzer: "Anderson, we seemed to have missed something."

Cooper: "Indeed, Already 75% of the votes in Maine are reported and Marco Rubio is leading by a moderate margin in Maine due to his lead in all the counties."

Maine Republican Caucuses (75% Reporting) [23 Delegates]:

Rubio: 51.72%
Haslam: 48.28%

10:30 PM
Blitzer: "It's 10:30 PM EST and with 50.61% of the vote going towards him, Marco Rubio wins 13 Delegates while with 49.39% of the vote, Haslam wins 10 Delegates."

Maine Republican Caucuses (100% Reporting) [23 Delegates]:
Rubio: 50.61% (13 Delegates)
Haslam: 49.39% (10 Delegates)

220px-Marco_Rubio,_Official_Portrait,_112th_Congress.jpg

MARCO RUBIO WINS MAINE REPUBLICAN CAUCUSES
Blitzer: "Now let's turn our attention towards Nebraska for the Democrats and Bernie Sanders leads Joe Biden and Hillary Clinton."

Nebraska Democratic Caucuses (75% Reporting) [30 Delegates]:

Sanders: 46.51%
Biden: 42.33%
Clinton: 11.16%

10:45 PM
Blitzer: "It's now 10:45 PM EST and we can project that Bernie Sanders wins the Nebraska Democratic Caucuses with 48.19% of the vote and thusly gets 16 Delegates while Joe Biden, who won 45.62% of the vote, gets 14 Delegates. Hillary Clinton comes out the most bloodied here as she won only 6.19% of the vote."

Nebraska Democratic Caucuses (100% Reporting) [30 Delegates]:
Sanders: 48.19% (16 Delegates)
Biden: 45.62% (14 Delegates)
Clinton: 6.19%

BernieSanders.jpg

BERNIE SANDERS WINS DEMOCRATIC NEBRASKA CAUCUSES
Blitzer: "Anderson, King, Do you have any analysis before we close tonight?"

Cooper: "You may say the clear winner for the Democrats tonight was Bernie Sanders because he won 2 of the 3 Caucuses tonight. You'd be wrong, however. The real Victor Tonight was Joe Biden. He carried 58 Delegates Tonight and if we add that to his total, He's at 382 Delegates. Bernie Sanders won 36 Delegates tonight. Add that to his total and you get 361 Delegates. Finally, Hillary Clinton won 32 Delegates. We add that to her total and you get 552. All in all, tonight has raised the chances for a brokered Democratic Convention higher."

King: "For the Republicans, Rubio is very quickly losing steam after the last Debate as Haslam has won 142 Delegates tonight against Rubio's 13 Delegates won tonight. Let's add that to their totals...Haslam stands at 643 Delegates while Rubio stands at 192 Delegates. Haslam just needs to carry a few more Big states like Illinois and Nomination city."

Blitzer: "Very Interesting. We'll see you tomorrow for the coverage of the Puerto Rico Republican primary and the Maine Democratic caucuses. Good night."
You WILL stop this image based style of posting, preferably on your own, but it will stop.

Not saying it again.

New Polls VII
After his decisive victories in Kansas, Louisiana, and Kentucky, Governor Bill Haslam of Tennessee only needs 594 Delegates to secure the Nomination while Senator Marco Rubio of Florida needs to win 1045 Delegates to receive the Nomination. With only 1589 Delegates, Haslam only needs win in the states of Ohio, Michigan, Illinois, North Carolina, and New York to achieve the Nomination. For the Democrats, however, a truly bloody brawl has begun as Hillary Clinton, Bernie Sanders, and Joe Biden brawls for the Nomination with Hillary Clinton only being 1830 Delegates from being Nominated, Biden being 2000 Delegates away from the Nomination and Sanders being 2021 Delegates from the Nomination. With only 3468 Delegates left for the Democrats, A Brokered Convention is certainly in view. As National Polls show Haslam 23 points above Marco Rubio, he only trails in Florida by 5 points and Hawaii by 3 points with many agreeing that if Haslam wins in Florida, the Primaries are finished.

RCP Republican Primary Average (Nationwide):

Haslam: 51%
Rubio: 28%
Undecided: 21%

RCP Democratic Primary Average (Nationwide):

Clinton: 39%
Biden: 37%
Sanders: 23%
Undecided: 1%

RCP Republican Primary Average (Hawaii):

Rubio: 51%
Haslam: 48%