Alternate Electoral Maps II

Status
Not open for further replies.
genusmap.php

What's this? (the Democrat isn't George Wallace)

No, this is a close election. I did do a reverse 1964 map though if you go back in the thread.
My first though was something like Ford/Carter with a swing toward Ford, but that moves Mississippi to Ford long before Hawaii.

Don't see many options for swings with existing candidates for California and Hawaii being on side and Mississippi and Vermont being on the other...

My first though was something like Ford/Carter with a swing toward Ford, but that moves Mississippi to Ford long before Hawaii.

Don't see many options for swings with existing candidates for California and Hawaii being on side and Mississippi and Vermont being on the other...

It is a swing of an existing election, but differing by region. one region swings towards the Democrat and the rest swing toward the Republican.

Here's the same idea for 1976:

genusmap.php

It looks kind of like what would've happened if Wallace had been the nominee instead of Carter, although I doubt he would have done that well in most of the South

A bit more on my multiparty USA. There are 6 parties - Green Party, Labour, Liberals, Conservatives, Libertarian and the Tea Party. Here is a bit more about each one and their ideologies.

Green Party - On the left wing of the political spectrum, they're in favour of big government. Economically they want higher taxes, more borrowing and more spending except for defence which they want to reduce the budget for. A universal healthcare system free at the point of use is one of their major policies. Furthermore, they are soft on crime, drugs and immigration. They have a strong dislike of America's corporatist ways and want an end to outsourcing of services. They want a living wage of $15. Socially, they are extremely liberal going as far as championing ridiculous pieces of political correctness. Environmentally, they want greater environmental regulations, they endorse clean energies and want to make it illegal for people to doubt climate change and global warming. In an election, they'd get most of their support from some professionals and students. They are America's 4th largest party.

Labour Party - Social Democrats who believe in a larger government, more borrowing, spending and taxes. They have strong connections to America's trade unions and support greater employment legislation. They also support a universal healthcare system free at the point of use. Socially, they support legislation that end discrimination and racism. They support an extensive welfare system. They are against the death penalty. In an election, they'd receive support from those who live in inner cities and their CBDs. They are America's 3rd largest party.

Liberals - a big tent centrist party composed of the moderate wings of the Democrats and Republicans in OTL. Economically they are conservative believing in lower taxes, lower spending and lower borrowing and the free market. Socially, they are liberal believing in the rights of those who are considered minorities in society. They support Immigration reform and believe in giving amnesty to illegals. They are strong supporters of America's military - one of their major policies is to safeguard the defence budget - and they support healthcare reform. Their policies are best summed up by their election slogan of "Freeing our markets and our society". In an election, they'd win support mostly from America's middle class, well to do minorities and educated professionals. They are America's largest party.

I shall continue this later.

Last edited:
A twist on a stale classic: the 1972 election Howard Baker (R) vs. Antonio James Manchin (D)

VooIbe8.png
Seems reasonable, but why does Manchin win Montana and South Dakota? Also, California was a GOP-leaning state at the time and Manchin has no ties to it so I don't see why he would win it.

Here is a map showing the current House of Representatives make-up in my multiparty USA. Credit to whoever made it. It's a work in progress. It's quite likely that due to the demographic make-up of the districts that numerous incumbents would lose in an election.

us hofr multi.png

Last edited:
Something I simply came up with on the fly, a rough merging of recent and previous British and German elections within the United States – created using DRA.

[/SPOILER]

This is amazing! Great work! Last year I wrote a paper for my American history class where I advocated switching to a voting system like this.

Status
Not open for further replies.