Proposals and War Aims That Didn't Happen Map Thread

And here we have the German Empire's ambitious goals for the first World War. Would easily be the biggest land exchange in history if it actually happened.
I've spent quite some time researching this subject, and I've never heard of the Germans wanting Malta, Indochina or Malaysia, and they definitely didn't plan to annex Poland, Lithuania, or Courland. Additionally, my understanding is that Mittelafrika wasn't intended to be a coherent territory, but rather a zone in which German companies and trade could operate without competition while Belgium, France, etc. would still administer and maintain the colonies.

I suspect this is a map of the German Empire in Kaiserreich rather than an accurate depiction of their plans.

I've spent quite some time researching this subject, and I've never heard of the Germans wanting Malta, Indochina or Malaysia, and they definitely didn't plan to annex Poland, Lithuania, or Courland. Additionally, my understanding is that Mittelafrika wasn't intended to be a coherent territory, but rather a zone in which German companies and trade could operate without competition while Belgium, France, etc. would still administer and maintain the colonies.

I suspect this is a map of the German Empire in Kaiserreich rather than an accurate depiction of their plans.

In that case, Google is a dirty liar.

[ATTACHMENT]
And here we have the German Empire's ambitious goals for the first World War, with colonies, puppet states, dependencies, an economic sphere, and lots and lots of islands. Would easily be the biggest land exchange in history if it actually happened.
I'm surprised the Philippines aren't shown.

Additionally, my understanding is that Mittelafrika wasn't intended to be a coherent territory, but rather a zone in which German companies and trade could operate without competition while Belgium, France, etc. would still administer and maintain the colonies.
Never heard that before. Do you have any sources? I'd be interested in taking a look if you don't mind.

Japan Nuke Sites.png

Here is a list of what were potential targets in Japan for atomic weapons and the reasons why.

Kyoto was actually removed from the list by the urging of the Secretary of War Henry L. Stimson, who admired the city, as well as for its historical, religious and cultural significance. That's when Nagasaki was placed on the list of targets.

Never heard that before. Do you have any sources? I'd be interested in taking a look if you don't mind.
Unfortunately I don't have any sources I can give you, but I've heard it pretty consistently from other people on this forum. I think @MisterP would be able to help with this, though the last time I used a map of his as an example it turned out I'd misunderstood it so I guess take this particular point with a grain of salt. Wikipedia does say that the primary goal Germany had in mind was the Belgian Congo, which was AFAIK the most profitable colony in the region if not Africa in general.

View attachment 380741
Here is a list of what were potential targets in Japan for atomic weapons and the reasons why.

Kyoto was actually removed from the list by the urging of the Secretary of War Henry L. Stimson, who admired the city, as well as for its historical, religious and cultural significance. That's when Nagasaki was placed on the list of targets.
A nuclear strike on Yokohama would be like what, 3 kilometers away from Tokyo? Glad we didn't see that happen.

I thought Courland was part of Ober Ost?