Proposals and War Aims That Didn't Happen Map Thread

The Shia state needs a much better name. Also, the border of Babylon doesn't make sense considering some historical Babylonian cities are now located in the Shia state.

I think the (Arab) Republic of Baghdad and the (Arab) Republic of Basra would work.

Also, I'm not sure that either version of Kurdistan would even have a Kurdish plurality, never mind a majority.

Skallagrim

Banned
Regarding Iraq: I know that Biden is often said to have proposed partition, but what he actually proposed was a loose federation. As far as I'm aware, his plan never got to the stage where any maps were drawn up. Coming up with a basically decent map, however, is not that hard. Although there has been population displacement due to the Islamic State and its parade of horrors, this map rather accurately lays out the situation in Iraq:

85d05fe0b27de367776589a591db083f.jpg

There are evidently a few tricky areas. Several places have mixed populations, and there are places where the Kurdish and the Sunni Arab regions are not contiguous. Nevertheless, anyone can see how the lines should basically be drawn in case of partition or tripartite federalisation. Namely, it would be something like what I've hastily drawn up below. We'll call that the Skallagrim Plan for Iraq, which definitely belongs here, because it's not going to happen. ;)

iraq_map_edit.jpg

I posted this in the Map Thread but I guess it fits here better:

F8oebY9.png

This is MK. I of my Madagascar Plan map. These were sites (red) proposed by the Franco-Polish investigations into the island. The major infrastructure has been included to the best of my knowledge.

Now this is interesting. Was this an actual proposal with a bit of a following or just one person's idea?
Seems more like some person's idea, by the time this poster was put up, the idea of restoring the Commonwealth was long gone.

Here's something also from Reddit, but more interesting:

40257187974_a5e318d549_o.png

Northwest Imperative.png

I stumbled across something called the Northwest Territorial Imperative, a white nationalist plot/proposal for a "Aryan homeland" in the American northwest. The lighter areas are the primary areas listed, the darker ones are mentioned as being of secondary importance. Needless to say, it's absolutely bonkers and fringe.

View attachment 377805

I stumbled across something called the Northwest Territorial Imperative, a white nationalist plot/proposal for a "Aryan homeland" in the American northwest. The lighter areas are the primary areas listed, the darker ones are mentioned as being of secondary importance. Needless to say, it's absolutely bonkers and fringe.
it reminds me a bit of Loveless Land from the Wild Wild West movie
10-map.jpg

except even more implausible ;)

it reminds me a bit of Loveless Land from the Wild Wild West movie
10-map.jpg

except even more implausible ;)
Because it was easy:

"Wild Wild West: Or, The Partition of the United States following the Treaty of Spider Canyon, Circa 1870"

wild_wild_west__or__the_treaty_of_spider_canyon_by_gottfreyundroy-dc6udnf.png

Going in the order in which Loveless described them:

-The thirteen original colonies (which includes Ohio, Kentucky and Tennessee whilst excluding the entirety of Alabama and Mississippi) return to England. I've divided into 3 polities in line with the traditional view among the colonists of how they broke down: the Dominion of New England, the Dominion of Southern America, and the (ironically named) Midatlantic Confederacy.

-Bizarrely, it is strongly implied that Manhattan Island has gone to the "Indians", on the grounds that "they" traded it for a handful of beads. Presumably, since it is being given to the Indians in general and not one specific group, Manhattan is going to turn into some sort of a Pan-Native American city-state. So points for originality. The British are probably going to have to raze the island to evict all of the current "natives", and I am going to guess a significant number of Native Americans are going to be reluctant to leave their traditional lifestyles to live in a big city. Possibly this is a cynical effort on Loveless's part: in addition to being a reward for his henchman Hudson, it could serve essentially as a concentration camp, since his plot of territory has the greatest population of Indians of all of the successor states.

-Florida is returned to Spain, in addition to Alabama and Mississippi, presumably as extensions of West Florida. With that in mind, I indeed restored Spain's West Florida and East Florida territorial division, abolishing Mississippi, and Alabama and leaving a new northern territory, which I am tempted to call "North Florida", but would more likely be called "Alabama" or "Mississippi".

-Mexico (for some reason referred to as "Old Mexico" here) gets back a significant amount of its territory lost in the Texan Revolution and the Mexican-American war restored, save that which Loveless seizes for himself. I decided to re-combine Arizona and New Mexico back into one big New Mexico, since A) that's closer to how the Mexican's historically administered it, and B) it has too small a population otherwise.

-The Louisiana Purchase has reverted to France... this despite the fact that over half of the territory included in it was not, in fact, a part of the Louisiana purchase, and the overwhelming majority of the Louisiana Purchase is now a part of Loveless Land. Regardless, this is in a lot of ways the most insane of all of the land-grants, and these are some fucking gonzo land-grants. It's very difficult to actually access most of it from the coast, and I don't see the British letting the French pass through willy nilly. It's a vast, well-developed territory of an utterly alien culture. I don't think the French will even entertain the idea of bringing most of "Louisiana" into the metropole. So I've instead opted to seperate it into "Orleans", which the government is actively attempting to Francify, and "Upper Louisiania", which is more akin to a protectorate of midwestern states then anything else. There's a possibility they lose it all in the Franco-Prussian War.

-Finally, Loveless Land, or possibly the "Loveless Alliance". A white supremacist (though possibly with "noble savage" views towards the natives, which are curiously common among white supremacists: see "The Education of Little Tree") state run by former slavers. I gave him Alaska, as Russia is not mentioned, and I doubt they would want it back having willingly sold it. In addition, it seems to fit in with the theme of him seizing mostly desolate frontier lands. In addition, I had the Anglo-American border disputes in the Panhandle resolved in Loveless's favor, as I doubt the British would care much about losing some desolate mountains and boreal forests after gaining the fucking preponderance of the United States. Presumably, it's capital will be in "Spider Canyon", a fictional Canyon not far from Promontory Point, Utah.

Because it was easy:

You did a good job with that synopsis. But in an already out-there movie, this was a particularly poorly devised partition, for the reasons you suggest as well as for others. Granted, the United States presents as a particularly challenging country to divide once it has reached the Pacific and began settlement of the interior. One particular oddity I'd argue is giving an unspecified indigenous group Manhattan instead of several groups control of the Indian Territory, land which was historically briefly nominally Spanish, but never ruled by Mexico. As for Alaska, I'd argue that the film at least implies reversion to Russia, not that they would necessarily keep it. Hawaii, of course, is still independent during the Grant administration.

American Redoubt.png

Keeping with American divisions, here we have the American Redoubt proposal from James Wesley Rawles. The area would become a "safe haven" for conservative, libertarian Christians and Jews. Rather than one based on racial, economic, or social divisions, Rawles is a survivalist who wants to create a land where these people would be safe once the United States collapses.

It has a very Deus Ex feel to it.

View attachment 378082
Keeping with American divisions, here we have the American Redoubt proposal from James Wesley Rawles. The area would become a "safe haven" for conservative, libertarian Christians and Jews. Rather than one based on racial, economic, or social divisions, Rawles is a survivalist who wants to create a land where these people would be safe once the United States collapses.

It has a very Deus Ex feel to it.

Why do the crazies and survivalists always pick there? :rolleyes::winkytongue:

Last edited:
Fertile Crescent Plan.PNG

Here we have the Fertile Crescent Plan, proposed by Iraqi Prime Minister Nuri as-Said during World War 2, where all of this territory would be united as a single Arab state. The biggest roadblock in achieving this was the Syrian Nationalist Party, who refused any kind of unification. The closest the plan came to fruition was during the late 1949 regime of Syrian Colonel Sami al-Hinnawi, who had installed a People's Party government that entered negotiations to achieve unity, but this opportunity was aborted by Colonel Adib Shishakli launching a coup d'état. After the overthrow of the Iraqi monarchy in July 1958, the FCP effectively lost any chance at legitimacy, although some proponents of it still exist.

View attachment 378477
Here we have the Fertile Crescent Plan, proposed by Iraqi Prime Minister Nuri as-Said during World War 2, where all of this territory would be united as a single Arab state. The biggest roadblock in achieving this was the Syrian Nationalist Party, who refused any kind of unification. The closest the plan came to fruition was during the late 1949 regime of Syrian Colonel Sami al-Hinnawi, who had installed a People's Party government that entered negotiations to achieve unity, but this opportunity was aborted by Colonel Adib Shishakli launching a coup d'état. After the overthrow of the Iraqi monarchy in July 1958, the FCP effectively lost any chance at legitimacy, although some proponents of it still exist.
Is there a reason Kuwait wasn't included? It looks kind of odd there by itself.

Last edited: