I feel he could have survived into the seventies. In this ATL Kennedy could have embarked on a physical therapy program earlier and not met any “Dr Feelgood” types. He only serves one term when his physical weaknesses would catch up with him hard.

Ah yes! The Nazis made medical science trendy!

(Wa ha ha)

Deleted member 2186

I wonder that myself. Most maps I seen had ALL of North Africa under the Italians, but I never could see that. Maybe America focus more on Japan till it outright withdraw from Europe and in part of the new U-Boat campaign?

Maybe Torch screw up horribly to the point of withdraw?

Seem reasonable for Palestine.
The Free French and the Free British could backed by the Americans control it.

So you think the Americans and the Free British will not move in and try to prevent the collapse of Free France as that could cause a vacuum for the Germans and even the Vichy France to move in.

Pretty much. And even if they try to, it would be too late to save Free France.

What I see happening is Algeria and Morocco being declared independent nations after being occupied by the Americans. This keeps the Vichy French from returning after a peace settlement. Really the Axis loses nothing from letting the Allies stay in Algeria and Morocco. It keeps Africans and Arabs out of Aryan controlled Europe. I believe Ho Chi Minh will get Vietnam after Japan surrenders simply to keep the Vichy out.
I think once the British give up all the Free exile governments will give up all hope of ever returning home.

Deleted member 2186

What I see happening is Algeria and Morocco being declared independent nations after being occupied by the Americans. This keeps the Vichy French from returning after a peace settlement. Really the Axis loses nothing from letting the Allies stay in Algeria and Morocco. It keeps Africans and Arabs out of Aryan controlled Europe. I believe Ho Chi Minh will get Vietnam after Japan surrenders simply to keep the Vichy out.
I think once the British give up all the Free exile governments will give up all hope of ever returning home.
I was thinking of having the Kingdom of Libya as a major United States ally, there was a United States Air Force base there in OTL.

I was thinking of having the Kingdom of Libya as a major United States ally, there was a United States Air Force base there in OTL.
OTL there was Wheelus AFB in Libya.
Your idea could work. The North African campaign plays out as OTL with an Axis collapse in Tunisia. With Russia out of the war in 1943 there is no Italian campaign and no more talk of a cross channel attack. Instead the Americans focus on defending North Africa, harassing Italy with air raids, and keeping the Suez open to keep India in the war.
Maybe ITL the US bases B-29s in Libya instead of China. When Britain quits the war in 1944 her colonial Empire in Africa remains free propped up by the US. Libya is a strategic base because it keeps the Italians in check.

Does anyone have any ideas on what kind of deal the Japanese got in the Far East when Britain surrendered?
The only scenario I see is that the new British government signed an armistice with the Japanese and gave up retaking Burma. Of course the armistice became void when the Americans nuked Japan. The other option is the Colonial government remains loyal to Churchill and the King. They ignore London and keep fighting the Japanese.
Hitler hoped the Japanese would help finish off Russia but instead the Japanese shift troops to defend the Home Islands in anticipation of a American invasion.

Deleted member 2186

Does anyone have any ideas on what kind of deal the Japanese got in the Far East when Britain surrendered?
The only scenario I see is that the new British government signed an armistice with the Japanese and gave up retaking Burma. Of course the armistice became void when the Americans nuked Japan. The other option is the Colonial government remains loyal to Churchill and the King. They ignore London and keep fighting the Japanese.
Hitler hoped the Japanese would help finish off Russia but instead the Japanese shift troops to defend the Home Islands in anticipation of a American invasion.
Well New Zeeland and Austrilia as mentioned in the book are loyal to the British government in exile in Canada, so i can assume the other colonies are as well.

hqdefault.jpg

The results from the referendum. In one of the most shocking events, the British choice a Republic over keeping the Monarchy. The Royal Family would go onto a second exile in face of this and the death of the final British Empire.

Nazi Loyalists fighting both Vichy France and GNR troopers in Burgundy. A pet project of Himmler and the SS, Burgundy would become a SS/Nazi remnant and a worldwide international pariah from the English Channel and Mediterranean even to today.

Bundesarchiv_Bild_183-J28732_Volkssturmmänner_mit_MG_an_der_Oder.jpg

(OCC: Think a weird mix of Nazi Germany, SS Germanic pagan occultism, and North Korean juche ideology.)

Deleted member 2186

The results from the referendum. In one of the most shocking events, the British choice a Republic over keeping the Monarchy. The Royal Family would go onto a second exile in face of this and the death of the final British Empire.

(OCC: Think a weird mix of Nazi Germany, SS Germanic pagan occultism, and North Korean juche ideology.)
Canada would like to keep the royals, they where home for them for almost 20 years, so a Kingdom of Canada sounds good.

Deleted member 2186

Makes sense.
Also i would assume that Canada has taken over governance of places like the Falklands and former British Caribbean holdings, plus as mention in the book Australia and New Zeeland recognize Princes Elizabeth as they only head of the Commonwealth.

Following the Referendum in July 1970, the Royal Family remained until the Monarchy came to an end at Midnight on January 1st 1971. Despite calls for its abolition, the House of Lords remained. During the four months between January and May 1971, Anthony Eden who had been a member of the Churchill Government in Canada, was appointed as "Interim Head of State".
The First President of the United Republic of Great Britain was former General Walter Walker. Walker was elected in May 1971 in the nations first ever Presidential election.
Walker is pictured here in his campaign office in April 1971.

Anthony Eden posing for photo's after becoming the nations first non-monarchical head of state since Richard Cromwell in 1659.

Last edited:
be021592.jpg

candadtie and future President George Wallace in 1976, in a wheel chair due to a car crash. He was controversial president, primarying President Glenn for his failure in south Africa and his liberal social policies. He won and went on to serve two terms, in which he pushed Health care, defense budget increases, universal health care and attacks on the new liberal "new york pinheads"