Blue Skies in Camelot: An Alternate 60's and Beyond

Wasn't that the line of presidencies the To Sail Beyond the Sunset time-line?

I'm not sure @Major Major. It is not a timeline I have come across and I just made that list off the top of my head.

At the party at the end of The Number of the Beast, someone from one time-line (one of the problems with this scene is that all the characters sound exactly alike) lists the presidents in his time line and after Eisenhower there are six "Kennedy"s one after another.

After writing the post I quoted I realized that it's not Maureen, since George Patton was president in that one. (!)

You know, I’m kind of wondering, and this only occured to me today, but have the Kennedy’s (JFK and RFK) managed/will manage to off Fidel Castro like they tried all those times before JFK’s death in OTL?

I mean, you’d think they’d manage to luck out and do the deed with an extra 5 years.
The US attempted to assassinate Castro hundreds of times I doubt just a few more would do the trick

Just spent the last hour or so reading this. I was sad it wasn't complete because I was getting so into it. There's a perfect blend of politics and pop culture here. Another plus is this is one of my favorite times in American Political History, so many divergences possible during this time, and while the whole JFK doesn't die scenario is one of the most popular, you've made it your own and it's made for a very fascinating read, I'm excited to see where it goes! Also you got me to make my first post on this forum in two years of being a member so congratulations!

Thank you so much nubbie44! :D I'm so honored to hear you say all of this.

The idea of President Kennedy not being assassinated is a cliche, but honestly this is because so few have done as well as you, @President_Lincoln, have.

Thank you so much! :) You flatter me greatly, sir.

All I can say to both of you is welcome aboard and I hope that I can keep it up for you!

You know, I’m kind of wondering, and this only occured to me today, but have the Kennedy’s (JFK and RFK) managed/will manage to off Fidel Castro like they tried all those times before JFK’s death in OTL?

I mean, you’d think they’d manage to luck out and do the deed with an extra 5 years.

An excellent question, Nerdman! :D Would you guys be interested in me covering Cuba in the next Foreign Affairs update outside of the Rhodesian War?

Also, can you say where all (future) OTL Presidents are at this point in time. It may seem unnessecary, but it would be interesting to see where they are and how they develop (especially Clinton, Bush, Trump and Obama).

Sure! Absolutely.

Awesome! :) I'll add them to the list.

Also, can you say where all (future) OTL Presidents are at this point in time. It may seem unnessecary, but it would be interesting to see where they are and how they develop (especially Clinton, Bush, Trump and Obama).

Nixon - Running for the Republican nomination for President, as per OTL in '68.
Ford - Currently serving as House Minority Leader for the Republicans
Carter - After serving out a four year term in the Georgia State Senate, he has decided to take a break from politics to run his family's peanut farm.
Reagan - Currently serving as Governor of California (Elected in '66)
Bush Sr. - Currently serving as the Junior United States Senator from Texas (Originally elected in '64)
Clinton - Currently living in Detroit as a session musician.
Bush Jr. - Serving in the Texas Air National Guard as a test pilot
Obama - Living with his mother and step-father in Indonesia.
Trump - Has just begun working at Elizabeth Trump & Son, his father's real estate company.

OTL the Democrats stoped being competitive at the presidential level in the South after the 60s, but it was still plausible to win State wide races well into the 90s, in 1992, all four of Mississippis congretional delagates were democrats. Neighbouring Alabama elected its last Democratic Senator (under normal circumstances) in 1992, and Louisiana elected a Democratic governor in 2015 - With ACP the South will remain out of the Democrats grasp as the white bloc desertes them, and the black vote wont be enought to counter it, you would need a Bill Clinton/Barack Obama type candidate to manifest such bi-racial coalition
Also remember that they controlled many Southern legislators until 2010.

My Predictions:
Nixon - Loses the primaries and becomes a Hoover-type advocate for Conservative causes. Maybe returns to CA State politics.

Ford - With no Watergate, he retires from Congress in '77.

Carter - With no Watergate remains a nobody.

Reagan - Gets nominated as President, not sure if he wins. A RFK v Reagan 1976 after 2 terms of Romney would be very interesting.

Bush - Definitely becomes a somebody. Senate Majority Leader perhaps? Potentially President in the '80s or turns into a Robert Taft figure as a Conservative in a Centrist Party.

Clinton - Becomes a musician. Maybe goes into Michigan State Politics. Him marrying Hillary is ASB in my opinion.

Bush 2 - Depends on what happens to his father. Probably becomes a force in Texas State Politics.

Obama - I am really not sure at this point.

Trump - I could see him as a Bloomberg style centrist NYC mayor. Him being Mayor during a 9/11 equivalent would be interesting.

My Predictions:
Nixon - Loses the primaries and becomes a Hoover-type advocate for Conservative causes. Maybe returns to CA State politics.

Ford - With no Watergate, he retires from Congress in '77.

Carter - With no Watergate remains a nobody.

Reagan - Gets nominated as President, not sure if he wins. A RFK v Reagan 1976 after 2 terms of Romney would be very interesting.

Bush - Definitely becomes a somebody. Senate Majority Leader perhaps? Potentially President in the '80s or turns into a Robert Taft figure as a Conservative in a Centrist Party.

Clinton - Becomes a musician. Maybe goes into Michigan State Politics. Him marrying Hillary is ASB in my opinion.

Bush 2 - Depends on what happens to his father. Probably becomes a force in Texas State Politics.

Obama - I am really not sure at this point.

Trump - I could see him as a Bloomberg style centrist NYC mayor. Him being Mayor during a 9/11 equivalent would be interesting.

Interesting predictions! :) I definitely think predicting where Barack Obama might turn up could be hard, seeing as he's only seven as of 1968. Stay tuned. ;)

Interesting predictions! :) I definitely think predicting where Barack Obama might turn up could be hard, seeing as he's only seven as of 1968. Stay tuned. ;)

Trump was a life long Democrat until 2011 which could be interesting. I don't think Nixon, Ford, Carter or Clinton have a shot at the Presidency ITTL. W Bush and Obama are super doubtful IMO. It could look like this:
George W. Romney (R) 1969-1977
Robert F. Kennedy (D) 1977-1985
George HW. Bush (R) 1985-1993
Hillary Rodham (R) 1993-1997
Al Gore or Joe Biden (D) 1997-2005

But Al Gore's case is really interesting. In OTL his father was not re-elected in 1970, despite Al Jr going to Vietnam to help his numbers. With no Vietnam War and the ACP the Tennessee Senate Election in 1970 will be extremely important. Also, Al Sr despite fillibustering against the Civil Rights Act didn't sign the Southern Manifesto, so is not as racism as a typical Dixiecrat.

But Al Gore's case is really interesting. In OTL his father was not re-elected in 1970, despite Al Jr going to Vietnam to help his numbers. With no Vietnam War and the ACP the Tennessee Senate Election in 1970 will be extremely important. Also, Al Sr despite fillibustering against the Civil Rights Act didn't sign the Southern Manifesto, so is not as racism as a typical Dixiecrat.

A very interesting case indeed. :) Al Sr is quite unlikely to join the ACP, I would imagine.

A very interesting case indeed. :) Al Sr is quite unlikely to join the ACP, I would imagine.

Bill is a Southern Baptist, as is MLK and Falwell. I could see a TL where in 92 or 96 Gore is a bit like GWB in 2000 (youngish politician and son of a successful politician), and Bill is Mayor of Detroit or somewhat. If MLK survives, a Gore-Clinton MLK endorsed ticket in 96 after 12 years of Bush and Rodham will be pretty powerful.