WIP Map Thread

This started out as an idea for (Qing) Chinese provincial reform (30-odd top-level administrative divisions for a country 4 times more populous than the US is really inexcusable), but it soon evolved into something much more. The unfortunate effect of this is, of course that I have to work backwards and find a POD from the map. I'm hovering around an idea on the Carnatic Wars, but that's still something I have to work on.

My second time working on a worlda (mostly) from scratch. Really quite a calming, albeit time consuming process--boy, is Africa hard to do. The borders have been refined, and the next step is to add in a smattering of pixel art and throw in a write up. Comments and Criticism on design and border work is very much welcome.

This was made using the excellent SUCK colour scheme by Skallagrim, with the notable exception of a number of nations.

View attachment 375710
Is that a 20th century Rhomaion I spy?

Posting progress images helps keep me on task. This one is moving a bit slower than the last, because I'm trying to capture more of the terrain information that the original artist placed in the map.

Behaim Erdapfel 1492 160 k7a wip.jpg

Isaac Beach

Banned
A collection of WIPs that have been sitting on my computer for a long time now; some are far closer to completion than others, and yet some are more fleshed out. I'll give a brief overview of each of them but feel free to ask questions, it might spur me to finish them.

Ich Bin Amerikaner - Mexico's 1842 offer to Prussia of California is accepted, and a large enough number of Prussian and other German settlers that would've otherwised settled in the US instead stream into Kalifornien, enough to establish a sustainable population. Later, it is incorporated into the US as a semi-autonomous republic or maybe a constitutional monarchy.

And Do The Flip - More a scenario than a POD, in which India is Europe and Europe is India. Persia is more or less Russia. Europe is a cobbled together federation of former Indian colonies that is quite impoverished but quickly industrializing. It would include such things as a China-esque empire centered on the Baltic and Afro-American settler colonies.

Magyar Italy - Another scenario with a POD around 900 AD, in which either the Slavs of Great Moravia or the Byzantines invite the Magyars into northern Italy to supplant the Lombards. Other fun stuff includes mega-Moravia, a fascist-lite Grecian Empire, a big ol' cross Strait Kingdom of Burgundy and an oversized Norway.

On Gilded Shores - A redo of a much older map of mine that was simply terrible. Includes such things as a much tighter British Empire, an enduring Franco-American alliance and a big ass Russia. Needs a lot of work despite it's apparent polish.

The Moon is a Harsh Mistress - A cover of the novel of the same name, based about a decade after the events of the book. I really liked it. I'm thinking of making the map more interesting by supposing some insurrections in China and North America, and perhaps a proxy war in Arabia between Panafrica and Mitteleuropa.

Ich Bin Amerikaner.png

Indo-European flip.png

Magyar Italy.png

On Gilded Shores - Copy.png

The Moon is a Harsh Mistress - Copy.png

A collection of WIPs that have been sitting on my computer for a long time now; some are far closer to completion than others, and yet some are more fleshed out. I'll give a brief overview of each of them but feel free to ask questions, it might spur me to finish them.

And Do The Flip

Actual cultural groups are in roughly the same places still? Of course some things change but generally this is still the case? Or are the East Slavs really in OTL Iran for instance?

A ridiculous map I work on for fun. A Texas and Russia wank. Including the Kingdoms of Westphalia, Anhalt, Prussia, Greater Holland, Bohemia, and permanently-leased Russian Hamburg.

texaswank.png

A real-world analog of Westeros at the start of A Song of Ice and Fire. In the future, I plan to add analogs for the rest of Martin's world.

vorras_preview_by_mirandabrawner-dc60jw5.png
Hispania is obviously Dorne, Galatia is the Reach, the Lands of the King are the Crownlands, and Ugria is the North... But beyond that...

Slavia is the Riverlands, Hellas is the Vale, Baltia iss the Irone Isles, and Devdiskia is the Stormlands?