A New Coat of Arms Thread

Here's a seal for the commune of France. I tried to stear clear of the traditional hammer and sickle/red star designs.
Tekengebied 1.png

A seal of the League of American Republics (Liga de Repúblicas Americanas / Liga das Repúblicas Americanas / Ligue des Républiques américaines)

Its members are all Latin American and Caribbean republics.
Coat of Arms League of American Republics (CtG).png

Hapsburg

Banned
Arms of the House of Wilde, also known as the House of Wildison. This is for a medieval fantasy TTRPG that takes place in an quasi-early-middle-ages period, after the fall of an Old Empire and during the hegemony of an expansive empire ruled by orcish nomads. The old elven and dwarven city-states fight incessantly with human kingdoms. Amidst these is the Kingdom of the Tolossians, a human tribal kingdom, which often wars with dwarven Kingdom of Lithuar. In a climactic battle in the year 788, a Tolossian chieftain named Frithric switches sides of Lithuar; thereafter he marked his blue shield with a raven, in token of the Lithuarian flag bearing three ravens on white. In the battle, his shield was damaged from an axe blow across it, a scar he kept in defiance of his enemies.
In later times, as definitive heraldry customs arose in the New Empire era, his house would take as their heraldic symbol a blue shield with a black ribbon and a raven in the canton.
wilde.png

This is from the same universe as my Map of the Celestial Magnate and my Americanist Wikibox and heavily draws inspiration from by the lore of Fallout and the After The End mod for Crusader Kings II.

The rightly guided prince-electors (or simply electors) are members of the Great Electoral Collage of the Holy Columbian Empire, and have the privilege of electing the President of Columbia. The Dignity of Elector comes with great prestige as it is considered to be second only to King or Emperor. The title of Elector is hereditary and is only reassigned if the territory is lost or the dynasty holding it stops. A recent example is the Republic of New York following the Anabaptist conquests. There are three Ecclesiastical electors, represented in their coat of arms by the crown of stars and four secular electors. The current electors are from left to right;

• Duchy of Upper-Ohio
  • Archpatriotate of Boston
  • Margraviate of Piedmont
  • Archpatriotate of Washington
  • Kingdom of Hudsonia
  • Archpatriotate of Philadelphia
  • Duchy of Connecticut
Tekengebied 1.png

Last edited:
The Archpatriotate of Boston is a state of the Holy Columbian Empire and roughly spans from Cape Cod to Salem. It is ruled by the Archpatriot who also holds the title of Prince-Elector. He also is the head of the Americanist Diocese of New England and is Grand Master of the Order of the Red Sock. The seat of both the Archpatriotate and the Diocese of New England is Faneuil Hall. The current Archpatriot is His Eminence and Rightly Guided Elector Franklin XII, Archpatriot of Boston and Grand Master of the Holy and Righteous order of the Red Sock.

kapyiv.png

Here are some more coat of arms of my americanist universe.

Altough early imperial heraldry borrowed heavily from old world American and European heraldry, it is during the Great American Resurgence that it really came into it's own. With certain motives rising to prominence, (The holy Bald Eagle,The Stars and Stripes,The goddess Columbia). The addition of chains representing certain holy orders was a later one. The most prestigious is the Order of the 13 Stars, wich features prominent in both the lesser and greater coat of arms of the empire.

The Greater Coat of Arms:
27x07er.png

The Lesser Coat of Arms:
16a8zg1.png

Here are some more coat of arms of my americanist universe.

Altough early imperial heraldry borrowed heavily from old world American and European heraldry, it is during the Great American Resurgence that it really came into it's own. With certain motives rising to prominence, (The holy Bald Eagle,The Stars and Stripes,The goddess Columbia). The addition of chains representing certain holy orders was a later one. The most prestigious is the Order of the 13 Stars, wich features prominent in both the lesser and greater coat of arms of the empire.

The Greater Coat of Arms:

The Lesser Coat of Arms:
What does the argent lion on vert mean?

Gian

Banned
My contribution to this thread:

_philippine_republic__coat_of_arms_of_the_republic_by_ieph-dc0rspt.png

Coat of Arms of the Philippine Republic - Escudo de la República Filipina

Crest: A pike proper ensigned on the top with a Phrygian cap gules. (representing liberty)
Estucheon: Per fess azure and gules, an eight-rayed sun with six mullets or in Chief (the eight-rayed sun representing the eight provinces placed under marshal law by Governor-General Ramón Blanco in 1896[1]; the six stars representing the regions of Luzón, Formosa, Visayas, Mindanao, Borneo del Norte [2], and Gran-Carolinas [3]), a sealion or, armed argent and langued azure, bearing aloft a sword proper in Base. (the sea-lion being the traditional symbol of Manila)
Supporters: Two palm branches in vert alongside two crossed rifles in all in their proper colours, tied at base with a ribbon azure, backed or and upon which is written in capital letters or the name of the country in Spanish
Order: The Grand Cross of the Supreme Order of the Philippine Fatherland (the highest civilian order in the Republic)
Motto: República Filipina (Spanish "Philippine Republic")

[1] That is, the first provinces to revolt against Spanish rule.
[2] Most of the Malaysian state of Sabah, (in particular, the divisions of Sandakan and Tawau, and the district of Nabawan) in our world
[3] Our world's Palau, the Federated States of Micronesia, and the Northern Mariana Islands

Last edited:
Cross-posting from the Request Maps/Flags here thread, a CoA I made for @occam.
There is in fact a full history; this is the shield specifically of the royal family, which has ruled the kingdom in one offshoot or another as far back as the records go, so they have a very strong connection to the country and want to emphasize that by directly associating their lineage with government in this kingdom. The white fox is the symbol of their semi-historical founder, whom they like to depict as a sort of combined Robin Hood/King Arthur figure, though he was really more like Vortigern, minus the mercenary debacle. It's a naval power that stands on its own, much like Great Britain (or England specifically), and the castle refers both to that nature and to the actual palace. (The color is symbolic, too, representing perseverance in their culture, it's not made of red stone; this isn't Westeros.) Oh, and if there's room, the family motto is "Videmus, Audimus, Agunt"
FullAchievement _ for occam _ FGv1 _ 925pxw.png

The blazon, which I hope is about right:
Escutcheon Per fess undy Or and Azure, a three-masted galley Argent her sails furled, on each mast a shield displaying a fox mask Sable, on the chief dexter a castle Gules to the sinister thereof a fox sustaining Argent langued Gules and armed Or; for a Crest, upon the Royal helm, with gorget emblazoned with a fox mask, the Royal crown Proper, a fox head Argent couped langued Gules; Mantling Vert and Or; for Supporters, two foxes (Vulpes vulpes) Argent langued Gules and armed Or and crowned with the Royal crown Proper, that to the dexter supporting a longbow Proper, that to the sinister supporting a trident Proper, both on a mount Vert set with five sprigs of foxglove Purpure slipped and leaved Vert; Motto Videmus, Audimus, Agunt.

The bits I'm not 100% happy with are: the mantling is a bit blurred; the borders on the supporters are a bit thick; and the crest fox head is just a copy of the sinister supporter's head as I couldn't find a good couped fox head. Notwithstanding those, Occam was very happy with it, but I'm always happy to take criticism from experts...:) All hints/tips welcome.
Edit: ps I know the fox argent on the chief or breaks the rule of tincture - the colours came from the original request - I couldn't see a way round this, as making the chief vert would still have broken the rule, with the castle gules !​

I did it in paint.net using elements from various sources, including wikipedia (everything in the public domain and usable for non-commercial purposes). I've just downloaded Inkscape so I can try working with vector graphics in the future instead.

@FriendlyGhost
My thoughts on an alternate shield:
Per fess Vert and Azure; a fess Gules, embattled on the chief side, enarched on the base, masoned Or; in chief a fox passant regardant/guardant Argent langued Gules and armed Or; in base a three-masted galley Argent her sails furled, on each mast a shield displaying a fox mask Sable.
I masoned the bridgelike fess to avoid breaking tincture too much. It could also be chequy (gules and or) or similar patterns if so needed. The bridge might need towers instead of battlements to look more castle like. It could also have several arches.

Regards the supporters I would give them more ancient crowns, i.e. without the imperial bridging, to make them seem more authentic.

I find the motto odd. "We see, we hear, you act"- wouldn't "we act" fit better?

Last edited: