The Q-BAM Improvement and Core Thread

Deleted member 105545

Is there a blank QBAM with lakes? Need one for making the MBAM one
blah.png

Not my work (duh)

Introducing, for the first time ever, a contiguous United States for the Q-BAM that doesn't look like total ass. I've aligned this as closely to a Robinson projection as possible, and as a result most state borders and lakes have moved. I touched up the California and Louisiana coastlines as well. If anyone wants to do counties, be my guest.
United States Correction - Copy.png

Redcoat

Banned
Introducing, for the first time ever, a contiguous United States for the Q-BAM that doesn't look like total ass. I've aligned this as closely to a Robinson projection as possible, and as a result most state borders and lakes have moved. I touched up the California and Louisiana coastlines as well. If anyone wants to do counties, be my guest.
View attachment 375699
You could copy off the MBAM--that is probably the first time anyone has said that.

is there a year for which we have a more pressing need?
Actually not, most parts of history are relatively well covered in certain dates. I'd say 1500's don't have a proper map yet, nor everything inbetween 1000 and 1400

Actually not, most parts of history are relatively well covered in certain dates. I'd say 1500's don't have a proper map yet, nor everything inbetween 1000 and 1400

A few of the hyperlinks in that list I last see on page 111 are broken, including 1938, which is why I landed on that period. Some of those maps must be kicking around somewhere else, then.....?

Several questions regarding QBAM:

- Is there an effective way or even just valuable tricks to transfer a WorldA-drawn nation onto the QBAM (scale or anything)? In the Map Thread, I was told that I have to "redraw from scratch"... is it really that bad?

- What is the most recent incarnation of the QBAM basemap (of the world, with first-level subdivisions)?

Several questions regarding QBAM:

- Is there an effective way or even just valuable tricks to transfer a WorldA-drawn nation onto the QBAM (scale or anything)? In the Map Thread, I was told that I have to "redraw from scratch"... is it really that bad?

- What is the most recent incarnation of the QBAM basemap (of the world, with first-level subdivisions)?
Qbam is a different projection, and was built separately unlike the rescales that brought about the MBAM. Same with translating to the VBAM or the worldM, really.

What would be the intended resolution?, a reboot would certainly be possible and (depending on the resolution) could be done relatively quickly.

Intention would be to at least have basemaps (the rivered basemap, an OTL 2018 basemap) in WorldM format. Historical maps would be the next logical step...

What's all that WorldM issue? I guess it being a smaller VT-BAM?
EDIT:
Also patched the North African coast, it looked way too smooth.
North Africa Patch.png

Last edited:
A general patch for Panama (made after I realised just how badly off the current one is).

I Tweaked the coastline, the Panamanian-Costa Rican border and provincial borders; added the provinces of Herrera and Panama Oeste (the latter created in 2014, the former conspicuously absent from all prior maps I could find), Lake Bayano and Lake Alajuela, plus the autonomous native lands within Panama and Darien provinces and the Ngabe-Bugle enclave complex.

upload_2018-3-15_20-48-4.png