The Iron Eagle: An Adolf Hitler Presidency

Is this TL Good so far?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Opening

"American history is filled with two kinds of "great men". Great men who are known to be "great men" due to their statesmanship providing the kind of moral and strategic leadership that future generations can learn from and admire. These men include George Washington, Abraham Lincoln, and Martin Luther King Jr. The other type of "great men" are those who developed a large following and whose achievements still impact the nation to this day, but large aspects of their legacies are events and policies the nation either wishes to forget, or rebuke. Men in this list include Andrew Jackson, Woodrow Wilson, and Adolph Hitler." - The Great Men of American History, by Eric Foner, American Historian and author.

"Adolph Hitler, son of Austrian immigrants Alois and Klara Hitler was born in Comal County in Texas Hill country in 1891. An above average student, he enjoyed drawing art and reading about history, especially about wars. As a Texan, he always found it fascinating that Texas was originally part of Mexico, and that it took two wars to bring the Lone star under the star-spangled flag. Frequently dressing up as American soldiers of the Mexican-American War during his free time, he developed a fascination of military and war. He also had a deep love of art, as mentioned above, and would draw pictures of either buildings or battlefields. As always, the buildings and weapons were drawn of a much higher quality than the people. His father, with a pernicious drinking habit, at certain times left much of the raising responsibilities on Klara Hitler, however Alois' drinking problem waxed and waned, making it a minor issue. Hitler also loved reading about history, especially American. He sometimes dreamed of being a cowboy and fighting in the frontier (the frontier had only been officially closed a year after his birth). While relatively popular at school, successful in grades, and a generally stable household, there were early signs of Hitler's mentality. He always played during his outdoor imagination games as Cowboys against Indians, as American soldiers against Mexican soldiers, and, for a German child in the German pro-Union stronghold of Texas, was quite fond of the Confederacy. He certainly always opposed secession and was glad that the Union won (and was a great admirer of Lincoln), but was never troubled by the racial views that the Confederacy promoted, and the Jim Crow South maintained in practice. Hitler always carried with him an "us and them" mentality, even in the fond days of his youth. Certainly, it was the traumatic experience of war that exacerbated these tendencies into beliefs, and then later, into policies" - Adolph Hitler: An Impactful Legacy, by David McCullough, American Historian and author.

unknown.png

Special thanks to @redditredcoat216 for the awesome title card!

Last edited:
Author's Note:

Before I continue the TL, I want to make a few very important points clear.

1) There will be no holocaust committed by the Hitler administration against any group. The political situation of Early 20th century America and Europe are wholly different, and Hitler's experiences are also different. Hitler will still be a racist and controversial politician, but there will be no Final Solution in America. Even if someone thought of a reasonable plausible way to have it work (which I doubt), I would not want to write about it because I don't want to write about an American holocaust.

2) The point of the TL is not to recreate a Nazi government in America, but rather imagine what if during tumultuous times in America we had Hitler play the role of a very charismatic and successful politician, greatly changing the nation's trajectory. Hitler being a Texan is very important, as will be seen throughout the story. One reason is due to the high German presence in Texas, making immigration to the Texas Hill country not so ASB.

3) This should be obvious, but if anybody gets inspired by the TL's topic to post racist, anti-Semitic, and other bigoted posts, I will immediately report it to CaliBear. This TL was created for the purposes of an interesting world, not only altering America but Adolf as well (and what stays. Hitler will not be some positive, non-racist figure for example). If you are the kind of person who wants to enjoy a racist fantasy, this is not the place. I want to make that clear.

Please be free to ask questions and criticize the TL as it goes on. And I hope people have fun reading!

Interesting premise. Though just one minor nitpick, I doubt that any academic would use the term 'cosplay' in any publication unless they were writing about the sub-culture itself. It just feels a bit out of place if you get my point but that might just be me. Aside from that, I think C.B. will beat you to it. That geezer is a hawk!

Interesting premise. Though just one minor nitpick, I doubt that any academic would use the term 'cosplay' in any publication unless they were writing about the sub-culture itself. It just feels a bit out of place if you get my point but that might just be me. Aside from that, I think C.B. will beat you to it. That geezer is a hawk!

Whoops. Let me correct that. Thanks for pointing that out. Totally get your point. That's something if I noticed I would have corrected immediately.

Yes, CaliBear is definitely our hero! :happyblush

Edit: Corrected it.

An AmericanHitler, though no holocaust, interesting, Him being Texan makes sense. Wonder if we'll see alternate versoins of Goring, Himler and so on.

I wonder, Hitler born and raised in America, Texas of all places, could he be the totally different person? Don't see why he couldn't much different from say, John Nance Garner or some other Texan politician of that time... Or Hitler would be Hitler even if born in 15-th Century Tibet?

One observation: Being American, instead of German (yeah, Austrian, I know), wouldn't it be spelled "Adolph" instead of "Adolf"? Not trying to be a wiseguy, but with the "f" it's not as American English as "ph."

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.