2018 Turtledove (closes 3/11/18 Eastern) - Best Finished Timeline Nominations and Seconds

Status
Not open for further replies.
This thread is only for Nominations, Seconds, and Nomination Corrections for timelines that have been deemed FINISHED by their creators and have been placed in the Finished Timelines Forum. Timelines that have been placed in the Finished Timelines Forum and considered Finished by their creators are not eligible for any award other than the Best Finished Timeline Award. unless it is for quality awards such as best character, pod, etc.

A Quick Overview:

• All Nominations require Seconds.
  • Discussion-only threads are not eligible. There must be an actual timeline or story included.
  • Authors may request that their works NOT be considered for nomination or removed from nomination. If an author requests that their work be removed from nomination after a nomination and/or second has been made, then the nominator (and/or second) may make another selection. Note that it is up to the author to monitor categories in which their work is eligible and to request that they not be included in the Turtledoves in that nomination thread.
  • No self-nominations nor self-seconds
  • Each member can make only one nomination and only one second to another nomination per category.
  • Previous Turtledove Award winning threads are NOT eligible for nominations in any category.
For New Nominations please arrange the nomination as follows:

Best Finished Timeline:
Title of nominated work (with Hypertext Link); author

To create a hypertext link to a thread:
Go to that thread and highlight and copy the thread url in the web browser navigation bar, then type the title of the thread in your post, highlight that title, then hit the hypertext link button just above your message area (chain link), a box will pop up in which you paste the url, and that should do it. YOU MUST INCLUDE A HYPERTEXT LINK IN YOUR NOMINATION.

Please format a second to a nomination in the following way

Quote the nomination using the "Quote" function. and below the quote please type:

"I second the above nomination for:
Best Finished Timeline: Title of nominated work (with Hypertext Link); author"

CLARIFICATION:

Please do not go beyond Seconding a timeline, this creates clutter and makes it hard to find independent Nominations and Seconds when creating the polls. Thanks guys.

Also, as a reminder, please make reference to the correct formatting for nominations and seconds.

Does the timeline have to have been finished in 2017? Or could it have been finished earlier if it's never been nominated before?

Cheers,
Ganesha

Does the timeline have to have been finished in 2017? Or could it have been finished earlier if it's never been nominated before?

While the rules of nominations, last year, allowed all TL that had been published up to 3 years:

SargentHawk said:
While Normally a work would have to be worked on in 2016 to be considered for a Turtledove this year, due to the limitation placed on Timelines in the Finished Timeline Forum, a moratorium is in place. Allowing a timeline in this Forum worked on within the past 3 years to be nominated. All timelines older than 3 years are not applicable.
... But how in this year not had been back to make mention of if the moratorium had been extended then I think that are not allowed and if aren't allowed more than a year old TLs for being able to be nominates then the TLs nominates must fit to the rules stated by @SargentHawk.

Last edited:
I felt that the removal of the moratorium and the inclusion of all finished timelines would be a better move for the nomination pool. However, timelines that have won best timelines before are not eligible.

Tovarich

Banned
I hope the Sarge doesn't mind me using their thread to try & knock that spammer the mods already deleted off the front page (irritating me in an ocd sorta way), but I thought that'd be ok since this thread is actually redundant now.

Status
Not open for further replies.