Tellurus: a worldbuilding project

What color scheme should Tellurus use?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
The rivers in the desert may represent dry or seasonal river beds. There are a lot of them in central Australia and Imperator Frank looks like he is trying to be thorough. Maybe more of the rivers in the desert should be coloured as 'minor' rivers though? That might make more sense.
On my first look, i assumed most of those river would surive in some part since they start in wet areas, but upon revisiting it, some coastal rivers in the desert may need to be downgraded. So thank you for pointing that out.

Well, I had to add two new lakes and change the climate of an area slightly, and maybe more seasonal/intermittent rivers are needed in Ozara, but otherwise the rivers there are done. Anyone have an idea as to which rivers shouldn't be major?
tellurus_rivers.png
clim_newtellurus_rivers.png

Last edited:
Well, I had to add two new lakes and change the climate of an area slightly, and maybe more seasonal/intermittent rivers are needed in Ozara, but otherwise the rivers there are done. Anyone have an idea as to which rivers shouldn't be major?

Major rivers in desert areas should be rather rare. Many streams here would be intermittent via evaporation unless they are particularly strong like the Nile River. If there are are a lot of Nile-strength rivers like in that big desert in south Ozara, then the climate would likely be changed as a result of all the river evaporation which would then generate precipitation in the area, lessening the desert. I'm no expert on this though and there does seem to be a lot of mountains near that region from which streams could flow from.

I hope nobody minds, but I just attempted at making a brief Cultural/Ethnic map of the world. I tried taking into account the geography and layout of the map, along with where civilization might have started.

This doesn't have to be a final version by any means, and can always always be modified later.
View attachment 368777

What colours are supposed to represent what?

A little bit of worldbuilding. Would like to know what you guys think.

Expedition to Equatoria by Palla Marvique

16th Marska 1803

We finally landed on the pale shores of the mythic land. The climate was warm and soothing, but I could not say the same about the jungle that stood before us. The vegetation was thick and smothered the land in darkness and exotic sounds, unfamiliar to us aside from the songs of birds that relieved some of our anxiety. We decided it would be best for us to remain settled on the beach.

In the cooler evening, one of the crew, a sturdy lad by name of Kalib, came back from relieving himself with what appeared to be snake bites on his leg. He exacerbated about the stinging pain and he told us about his fiancé and family back in Nura. By the time he was finished, he was pale and the strength in his limbs faded. He fell to the ground, paralysed by the venom, eyes bloodshot and coughing up bile, the area where he had been bitten was turning a most strange and sickly purple. We attempted to treat him, but he was dead within about 3 hours after he had been initially been bitten. After some arguing, we agreed and dumped his body in he ocean, fearing that infection could be possible and highly contagious once brought onboard and back in the civilised lands. We rested that night, some of us took turns taking watch making sure we wouldn’t be bitten by whatever took the life of Kalib.

Last edited:
What colours are supposed to represent what?
I don't have an idea for what the colours represent yet, except for the fact that similar colours generally represent similar cultures. Some of the cultures could be similar to real-life ones, but that's not for me to decide. I just tried some worldbuilding by showing how culture might've spread around the world.