Map Thread XVII

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have known despair and it is the North

When I started writing this wacky post-apocalyptic setting two years ago, I had never even been to Grande Prairie. Now I live here. This isn't a joke, I ride the #6 bus to work in Richmond Industrial Park every day and it's been hitting -40 for the last two weeks and the tallest building I've seen in 2018 has been 214 Place and a bottle of Jarritos costs $3.50 because the only place you can buy it is at the Farmers' Market and they get their stock from Edmonton. The Saddle Hills lie on the northern horizon, thirty kilometers distant, exactly tall enough to be barely visible. The Grande Prairie is bounded on every side. Along every sidewalk, the piles of snow are five feet tall. I had to walk home from work yesterday.

Also, enjoy the map, I guess!

tomorrow_country_and_the_land_of_peace_by_strathconabooster-dc30ut8.png
I can't see the map. :(

Deleted member 101966

It's 13MB so the image embed might be a little fucky, hopefully everything works out

fashbasher

Banned
kgiImqpg.png

A cold-war scenario in which factions based off of every Pokémon villain team win and the world is divided into an environmentalist bloc vs. an industrial-capitalist bloc vs. genocidal racists and occultists.

Oceans Defense League: Team Aqua. Environmentalists with an interest in maritime issues, overfishing, etc.
Earth Defense League: Team Plasma. The landlubber cousins to the ODL. Ukraine's concerns about farmland have pushed it into the affiliation with the ODL, as have North Vietnamese farmers.

Sadako Organization: Team Rocket. Are they a criminal syndicate, a megacorp, or an alliance of states? Yes. One of the few major powers that is not descended from a political terrorist organization.
Technological Rus': Team Galactic. Devoted to obliterating emotion and adopting a government of pure reason and Science!
Alliance for Industry and Development: Team Magma. Because climate change and paving everything is Good if it allows the economy to grow, right?
SkullGang: One guess? Generic gangbangers. Like Team Rocket, they're politically neutral.

Beautiful Europe Movement: Team Flare. Genocidal, racist madmen.
Givers of Life: The Aether Foundation. A benign organization that is controlled by a madman and is turning rapidly into a cult in the most Lovecraftian sense of the term.

Territories in Dispute: http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/ExactlyWhatItSaysOnTheTin

Status
Not open for further replies.