Map Thread XVII

Status
Not open for further replies.
If I'm getting banned, what better way to go out than by getting a whole map thread locked?
Beacuse you’re probably not going to be banned but I would expect a kick at this point for something that honestly you probably would have just been warned about if you had apologized and maybe edited the offending map. But I’m not a mod and I don’t claim to know what actions they The Bear might take so that’s the last I’m saying to you.

Deleted member 87099

It's an in-universe opinion. It's not like everyone in an alt-hist is going to be all friendly all the time always. Geez, you do have a stick up your ass.

And yes, please delete my account. Not like I do much on here anyways.

And of all the insults I throw around in that map, you went for the one thing with religion. Nice cherry-picking, by the way. No wonder no one likes you, people can't say anything controversial at all without you swooping in from nowhere and banning people left and right. Never once did I think I'd agree with KitFisto on something, but I guess anything can happen.

By the way, "assuming the worst" is a terrible way to go about modding, but it's not like anyone can complain. You just waltz around here with your gold-plated banhammer handing out bans to anyone who does anything even remotely offensive to anyone.

Also, "out of my way?" Did you not notice me insulting just about every other label on the map there? Again, the cherry picking thing comes back up in my mind.

What, am I supposed to just say "Home of little hamlets that are mostly just rotting under the sun", only so that I don't offend your sensibilities? If so, please forgive me for offending no one.

If what I did is so bad, you might want to "assume the worst" for about half the mapmakers on here.

Your opinion doesn't matter here though, does it? I'm already dead, why should I care what you think?

Oh by the way CalBear? Sorry for mentioning death, I may have upset some people with that one.

Don't ask questions about things that don't matter.

Again, I'm already dead. What does that matter to me?

If I'm getting banned, what better way to go out than by getting a whole map thread locked?
It's an in-universe opinion. It's not like everyone in an alt-hist is going to be all friendly all the time always. Geez, you do have a stick up your ass.

And yes, please delete my account. Not like I do much on here anyways.

And of all the insults I throw around in that map, you went for the one thing with religion. Nice cherry-picking, by the way. No wonder no one likes you, people can't say anything controversial at all without you swooping in from nowhere and banning people left and right. Never once did I think I'd agree with KitFisto on something, but I guess anything can happen.

By the way, "assuming the worst" is a terrible way to go about modding, but it's not like anyone can complain. You just waltz around here with your gold-plated banhammer handing out bans to anyone who does anything even remotely offensive to anyone.

Also, "out of my way?" Did you not notice me insulting just about every other label on the map there? Again, the cherry picking thing comes back up in my mind.

What, am I supposed to just say "Home of little hamlets that are mostly just rotting under the sun", only so that I don't offend your sensibilities? If so, please forgive me for offending no one.

If what I did is so bad, you might want to "assume the worst" for about half the mapmakers on here.

Your opinion doesn't matter here though, does it? I'm already dead, why should I care what you think?

Oh by the way CalBear? Sorry for mentioning death, I may have upset some people with that one.

Don't ask questions about things that don't matter.

Again, I'm already dead. What does that matter to me?

If you really want to leave then just stop posting already. At this point you're just derailing the thread.

Mobiyuz

Banned
Beacuse you’re probably not going to be banned but I would expect a kick at this point for something that honestly you probably would have just been warned about if you had apologized and maybe edited the offending map. But I’m not a mod and I don’t claim to know what actions they The Bear might take so that’s the last I’m saying to you.
Either way, not much of a huge loss, to me or you.

What. This has happened before?
Yes, periodically, people (I've noticed, purely anecdotally, that it tends to be newer members not as familiar with the site) will get upset over some mod action, throw a fit about how eeeevil the mods are (typically Cal, since he's the most visibly active mod), saying "just ban me!"...and typically, nothing further happens, unless it's a kick for acting out in the fashion that's going on right now.

I certainly have had disagreements with moderation before, and think that sometimes it can be trigger-happy. But the "gold-plated banhammer being swung left and right" melodrama is overblown.

Redcoat

Banned
Yes, periodically, people (I've noticed, purely anecdotally, that it tends to be newer members not as familiar with the site) will get upset over some mod action, throw a fit about how eeeevil the mods are (typically Cal, since he's the most visibly active mod), saying "just ban me!"...and typically, nothing further happens, unless it's a kick for acting out in the fashion that's going on right now.

I certainly have had disagreements with moderation before, and think that sometimes it can be trigger-happy. But the "gold-plated banhammer being swung left and right" melodrama is overblown.
I agree the mods can be overbearing at times but @Mobiyuz JUST CHILL

A map I already had done: Another ISOT in worlda format of course, that’s all I know how to do anymore.
461ECDC0-BE06-4FAD-BBCB-D78EA05AAB05.png

G20 to virgin earth.

Edit: A few notes.

The map shows the world about 100 years after the event but it doesn’t really matter beacuse this world has been remarkably stable.

Ironically for a world consisting of the G20 nations that was among the first councils to be disbanded as its functions were assumed by the regular UN.

The EU has a common military and developed a much more militaries culture after the even when tensions over the former Ukraine and Belarus pushed them to the brink of war with Russia. The EU has a capital city in the alps not part of any member state and is certainly more solid than it was in 2017 but other strain is developing over wether the settler colonies in Africa should be admitted as their own member states soon or kept under the control of the metropole’s.

Last edited:

Redcoat

Banned
upload_2018-2-12_22-8-44.png

I'm happy we're moving on from this drama. Here's an old map of Southeast Asia I made. Indonesia breaks apart after a more extreme Javanizaion movement. A couple other changes include a larger Brunei, and the Yankee Rajah gaining more success in founding a colony, called Elena. This is part of a larger world map I'm working on.

(Note Japan owns the Marianas, Guam, Palau and a few other islands TTL)

This is scant on details but that's because I posted this to make sure we change the topic. I'll add on to this later.

Last edited:
So the US was murdered offstage for a change? :biggrin:
Correct! Disunity in the confederation let to a brake-up, and Mexico swallowed Louisiana and pushed all the to Appalachia! “USian” identity was snuffed out before it took root, just Carolinians sucking up to Mexico City and Yankees looking to hitch up with the remnants of British North America.

AAAAAAAA I saw fighting so I'm gonna change the topic with a WIP :D

Atompung :DDDDD spurdo :DDD

atom.png

EDIT: I just realized that the website emojis are messing up the spurdo sparde happy faces

What better way to go than to dissuade people from sympathizing with you amirite. As @redditredcoat216 has said, I would agree if you weren't being so rude.

You are free to criticize calbear as much as you want, but I have to ask. Are you all that much better to him to have that moral authority?

Status
Not open for further replies.