Request Maps/Flags Here

Status
Not open for further replies.

JJohnson

Banned
Thanks for making that! I was thinking, maybe a circle of 13, and a circle of 15 around it would work.
Something like this:

latest

But with both sets of stars the same size.

Not explicitly a request, but has anyone mapped out the Five Civilized Tribes before the Trail of Tears on the WORLDA map series? I need them for a scenario I'm working on

Thanks for listening! Basically, that shield just gave me the inspiration for the elements to be in it. I certainly wouldn't mind if they were divided.
There is in fact a full history; this is the shield specifically of the royal family, which has ruled the kingdom in one offshoot or another as far back as the records go, so they have a very strong connection to the country and want to emphasize that by directly associating their lineage with government in this kingdom. The white fox is the symbol of their semi-historical founder, whom they like to depict as a sort of combined Robin Hood/King Arthur figure, though he was really more like Vortigern, minus the mercenary debacle. It's a naval power that stands on its own, much like Great Britain (or England specifically), and the castle refers both to that nature and to the actual palace. (The color is symbolic, too, representing perseverance in their culture, it's not made of red stone; this isn't Westeros.) Oh, and if there's room, the family motto is "Videmus, Audimus, Agunt"--if not I'll just put it separately. Thanks very much!
Sorry for the delay - been a bit busy with family events. Here's an idea for the shield. It incorporates the castle, the white fox (a different one from the one you had) and a galley to show the maritime strength you wanted.
WhiteFox_RedCastle_Ship _ for occam _ FG-1.png
The blazon would be something like this:
Per fess undy or, dexter a castle gules, sinister a fox sustaining argent, and azure, a three-masted galley argent her sails furled proper, on each mast a shield displaying a fox mask sable.
[to any heralds reading, my sincere apologies for the mistakes I'm sure are there! (also for putting a fox argent on a field or - I know this breaks the rule of tincture but felt it was justified here!)]

Fairly obviously, this is just the shield, not the entire achievement (what's often called the 'coat of arms' - the shield, supporters, helm, crest, motto, etc). If you like this, I'll have a go at the whole thing. I'm thinking either two foxes rampant as supporters; a crowned helmet; a fox as the crest (also crowned - possibly holding a trident for more maritime symbolism); some mantling; and the motto you gave above. If you have anything in particular you'd like for the mantling or the compartment (the bit the supporters stand on), just let me know.
That's all assuming you like the shield itself, of course. The other possibility I considered was to quarter it the way that arms are quartered in the West of Scotland tradition. Imagine something laid out like this one, but with the quarters containing a fox, castle, ship and trident:
Maclean_of_Duart_and_Morven_arms_white.svg.png

What do you think?

By the way, I'm off on holiday this coming week so won't have much (if any) internet access - please don't be offended if I don't reply for a week or so!

Last edited:
Sorry for the delay - been a bit busy with family events. Here's an idea for the shield. It incorporates the castle, the white fox (a different one from the one you had) and a galley to show the maritime strength you wanted.
View attachment 370058
The blazon would be something like this:
Per fess undy or, dexter a castle gules, sinister a fox sustaining argent, and azure, a three-masted galley argent her sails furled proper, on each mast a shield displaying a fox mask sable.
[to any heralds reading, my sincere apologies for the mistakes I'm sure are there! (also for putting a fox argent on a field or - I know this breaks the rule of tincture but felt it was justified here!)]

Fairly obviously, this is just the shield, not the entire achievement (what's often called the 'coat of arms' - the shield, supporters, helm, crest, motto, etc). If you like this, I'll have a go at the whole thing. I'm thinking either two foxes rampant as supporters; a crowned helmet; a fox as the crest (also crowned - possibly holding a trident for more maritime symbolism); some mantling; and the motto you gave above. If you have anything in particular you'd like for the mantling or the compartment (the bit the supporters stand on), just let me know.
That's all assuming you like the shield itself, of course. The other possibility I considered was to quarter it the way that arms are quartered in the West of Scotland tradition. Imagine something laid out like this one, but with the quarters containing a fox, castle, ship and trident:
View attachment 370060

What do you think?

By the way, I'm off on holiday this coming week so won't have much (if any) internet access - please don't be offended if I don't reply for a week or so!
That's actually fantastic, thank you! I figure that, since it's quite an old design at base, they'd probably be more likely to have the three elements arranged like that than quartered. (And thanks for the blazon, that's always just a bit too complex for me, right or wrong!)

I would be seriously grateful if you made the full achievement; those sound like the perfect accoutrements to go with it. As for the compartment, maybe carry the theme still further with a field of digitalis--IE, foxglove? (The fact that it's poisonous also makes sense considering the kind of people the rulers tend to be.)

Enjoy your trip! Al of this sounds good, and I greatly appreciate it!

anyone got any ideas or advice for a Chinese flag from an alt history i have been working on. the scenario is the 2nd sino-japanese war takes place in a world where ww2 doesn't happen at the same time. the international blockade weakens japan and military support to china turns the tide, around 1944 a peace treaty ends the war. china recognises the Independence of Manchukuo, Mengjiang, Tibet and Mongolia. without the soviet presence in Manchuria the Red army doesn't get the support needed to win the Civil war and compromise government is formed in Nanjing (capital moved for security reasons). this is the best idea i have come up with.

Attachments

• Flag_of_the_Empire_of_China_1915-1916.png
    Flag_of_the_Empire_of_China_1915-1916.png
    7.9 KB · Views: 225
sk5kvup.png

This is another old map that I have been given permission to use. This request is pretty simple: turn all colored landmasses gray to convert it into a blank map.

Requesting a flag for a legitimist Kingdom of France. A dark blue square on the left half, with three fleur-de-lis symbols, and a square divided between white and red stripes on the right half.
(Basically, the tricolour, except the blue stripe is larger and has a symbol)

Requesting a flag for a legitimist Kingdom of France. A dark blue square on the left half, with three fleur-de-lis symbols, and a square divided between white and red stripes on the right half.
(Basically, the tricolour, except the blue stripe is larger and has a symbol)
Like this?
TricoleurDuRoi.png

Gian

Banned
Mind if I can get an SVG version of this:
Cuba_municipalities.png

and also give me the link to the svg file itself so that I can edit it.

Status
Not open for further replies.