Map Thread XVII

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been doing alternate history maps for about a year and a half. I have them on my DA account, but i've never posted my works here, which is kinda strange...
Anyway, this is my map, showing a cold war between two Internationals.
PoD: Jean Jaurès, the famous French communist leader, survived an assassination attempt, and the French left under his leadership were able to disrupt the mobilization in France in 1914.
What do you think about this map?

Really well done! I’ve always liked this map style.

Would be disappointing living in exile though. But hey, maybe i’d learn Tagalog?

Mobiyuz

Banned
breakdown.png

Talleyrand.png

My first complete map after fooling around with paint.net, using base maps from historicalmapchart.net site. I think I really need to improve my border making skill, especially A-H and B-H's ones :oops:. This TL is not very realistic, mostly for fun.

The POD is set in 1830 when Talleyrand's plan of Belgian partition was realized. The Netherlands kept Flanders, Prussia got the whole Grand Luxembourg. France, on the other hand, annexed Wallonia while having to cede Dunkirk & French Flanders to Amsterdam and Thionville to Luxembourg. The industrial power of Wallonia made France stronger and more influential in the coming decades. Being more overconfident than in OTL, Napoleon III and the Third Republic meddled in a lot of affairs, which led to the establishment of the Confederate States of America, a short-lived Republic of Ezo (being invaded and annexed by Japan during the Franco-Prussian War), a Maximilian-led humiliated Austria-Hungary yearning for reform and above all, a Britain which was more hostile to France after the Fashoda Incident.

The year is 1917, at the start of the Great War. The Entente included: France, Russia, Italy, Hungary, Romania, Bulgaria and the Union (late entry) while the Central Powers included: Germany, Austria, Sweden-Norway, Serbia, Montenegro, Albania, Ottoman, Japan and Britain (late entry). Portugal, Spain, Denmark, Greece and the Confederacy remained neutral.

Last edited:

Faeelin

Banned
If the French are responsible for Confederate secession, I'm curious how they end up as allies, or why the British Admiralty isn't preparing to blow its brains out...

Edit: Particularly when the map sees Union states like Missouri and Kentucky given to the CSA.

I think we've all wondered how much better off Britain would be without the South.
...no? just me?

Anyway, have this Kazakh-murderingly ASB map of a Britain without the South.
edit: fixed mistake where ashington was labelled as alnwyck

upload_2018-2-12_21-2-7.png

Last edited:
View attachment 370159

My first complete map after fooling around with paint.net, using base maps from historicalmapchart.net site. I think I really need to improve my border making skill, especially A-H and B-H's ones :oops:. This TL is not very realistic, mostly for fun.

The POD is set in 1830 when Talleyrand's plan of Belgian partition was realized. The Netherlands kept Flanders, Prussia got the whole Grand Luxembourg. France, on the other hand, annexed Wallonia while having to cede Dunkirk & French Flanders to Amsterdam and Thionville to Luxembourg. The industrial power of Wallonia made France stronger and more influential in the coming decades. Being more overconfident than in OTL, Napoleon III and the Third Republic meddled in a lot of affairs, which led to the establishment of the Confederate States of America, a short-lived Republic of Ezo (being invaded and annexed by Japan during the Franco-Prussian War), a Maximilian-led humiliated Austria-Hungary yearning for reform and above all, a Britain which was more hostile to France after the Fashoda Incident.

The year is 1917, at the start of the Great War. The Entente included: France, Russia, Italy, Hungary, Romania, Bulgaria and the Union (late entry) while the Central Powers included: Germany, Austria, Sweden-Norway, Serbia, Montenegro, Albania, Ottoman, Japan and Britain (late entry). Portugal, Spain, Denmark, Greece and the Confederacy remained neutral.
Why would the US ally with France, the people who helped the South break away?

Are the Cossacks still migratory?
They were a target of the Russians and due to that it caused a large sense of national identity to begin forming in order to preserve their cultures and traditions. In order to fullfil that they began settling in a concentrated area.

CalBear

Donor
Monthly Donor
Hello!

I've been doing alternate history maps for about a year and a half. I have them on my DA account, but i've never posted my works here, which is kinda strange...
PoD: Jean Jaurès, the famous French communist leader, survived an assassination attempt, and the French left under his leadership were able to disrupt the mobilization in France in 1914.
The Union of Taco?

WTF?

Redcoat

Banned
Hello!

the_seeds_of_fascism_sprouted_by_comrade_emperor-dbybeuq.png

Great job!

CalBear

Donor
Monthly Donor
Image deleted
Is there any particular reason that you went out of your way (around 500 miles as the crow flies) to throw shade on Mormons? Only religious group even mentioned.

I need you to provide a response to this, otherwise I will assume the worst.

Is there any particular reason that you went out of your way (around 500 miles as the crow flies) to throw shade on Mormons? Only religious group even mentioned.

Well, firstly, it's pretty easy for people to make fun of us. Secondly, there's only like three or four other Mormons on this site including myself, and I'm pretty sure we're mature enough to not get upset about it. Thirdly, we just kind of brush it off, seeing it as either just a joke or someone who doesn't have a good understanding of the church and it's history. Fourthly, don't people like B_Munro have captions in a similar vain as his, and I haven't seen anything negative towards him about it.

Of course, I don't agree with the comments Mobiyuz made about my religion, but it won't really offend me or break my faith. I'll just move on and not take much note of it.

Mobiyuz

Banned

It's an in-universe opinion. It's not like everyone in an alt-hist is going to be all friendly all the time always. Geez, you do have a stick up your ass.

Mobiyuz

Banned

And of all the insults I throw around in that map, you went for the one thing with religion. Nice cherry-picking, by the way. No wonder no one likes you, people can't say anything controversial at all without you swooping in from nowhere and banning people left and right. Never once did I think I'd agree with KitFisto on something, but I guess anything can happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.