Tellurus: a worldbuilding project

What color scheme should Tellurus use?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
You're making an M-Bam version? That's awesome so far.

Not MBAM, just adding detail and variation to the QBAM scale map so that it looks like an actual QBAM. Adding stuff too small to be resolved on a worlda scale, plus a little bit of random variation really makes it look more realistic, I find.

Speaking of which, here's the latest coastal patch (heavily influenced by Greenland, Norway, Patagonia and the like);
upload_2018-2-9_20-34-34.png

On another note rivers are looking good so far, very nice. I might like to use them at some point.

Not MBAM, just adding detail and variation to the QBAM scale map so that it looks like an actual QBAM. Adding stuff too small to be resolved on a worlda scale, plus a little bit of random variation really makes it look more realistic, I find.

Speaking of which, here's the latest coastal patch (heavily influenced by Greenland, Norway, Patagonia and the like);
On another note rivers are looking good so far, very nice. I might like to use them at some point.
Thats fucking awesome, that looks really good. How much of the world do you plan on doing?

View attachment 369698

If you do make one for "Britain", that could be cool as I've been doing a lot of stuff there and it would be cool to have a big map in which to play about with.

If you do make one for "Britain", that could be cool as I've been doing a lot of stuff there and it would be cool to have a big map in which to play about with.
I'm assuming by Britain you mean the island i named "Yseia"?

Also, here's a map of the 9 major river basins of Talamor. Names will come later.
received_1581660201887581-1.png

How much of the world do you plan on doing?

As much as possible really. I only started doing the large scale maps because I started to run out of ideas for a map at worlda scale, and decided to move on to something different to give inspiration a little time to work. It's slow progress, but as long as I don't get bored and move onto other things, I will try and get the whole world done.

I was going to do "Florida", next, but I'll happily do "Britain" after that.

Why are there so many rivers in the Sahara? It's an arid dry desert.

The rivers in the desert may represent dry or seasonal river beds. There are a lot of them in central Australia and Imperator Frank looks like he is trying to be thorough. Maybe more of the rivers in the desert should be coloured as 'minor' rivers though? That might make more sense.