Alternate Electoral Maps II

Status
Not open for further replies.
2020 Election with 3rd Party run

genusmap.php

Fmr. Gov. John R. Kasich (I-OH)/Gov. John W. Hickenlooper (I-CO) 285 (42.8%)
Sen. Elizabeth A. Warren (D-MA)/Sen. Christopher S. Murphy (D-CT) 169 (27.6%)
Pres. Donald J. Trump (R-NY)/VP Michael R. Pence (R-IN) 84 (25.5%)
Others (5.5%)
No, Kasich would sap votes from both, but would sap far more from Trump than Warren.
Maybe it goes to the house, but he does not win outright

Here's the old "Democratic South, Republican North" idea taken to it's logical conclusion. every Southern state (save for MO, KY, WV) is solidly Democratic and every Northern/Western/Eastern state is solidly Republican.

Blue_South_Red_North.png
Tex Arkana, I have a map request to make of you. As you know, I devised my Holland Scenario and Rutherford Scenario Maps, relating to Democratic landslides in 2020 and 2016, respectively, in alternate timelines. I was wondering if you could possibly (when you have the time), make a map of what a realistic 2020 might look like, with Trump earning the lowest percentage possible for his reelection. I would be interested to see how it would compare with mines.

Tex Arkana, I have a map request to make of you. As you know, I devised my Holland Scenario and Rutherford Scenario Maps, relating to Democratic landslides in 2020 and 2016, respectively, in alternate timelines. I was wondering if you could possibly (when you have the time), make a map of what a realistic 2020 might look like, with Trump earning the lowest percentage possible for his reelection. I would be interested to see how it would compare with mines.
Sure!
Realistically I think the worst case scenario for Trump would have to involve a right-leaning third party siphoning off 10+% of the vote and thus allowing the Democrat to win in an electoral college landslide whilst only winning a plurality of the popular vote, ala 1912. I'll probably do a map for Trump vs Biden vs Kasich (I). I'll try to do shaded county results but this may be a bit difficult with a third party in the mix, however, I feel that there must be a third party if you want to get an idea of Trump's *realistic* worst case scenario for 2020.

7-1 GOP map in Wisconsin
jBucsnG.jpg

District 1 (Blue) - D+29
District 2 (Green) - R+4
District 3 (Red) - R+4
District 4 (Purple) - R+4
District 5 (Yellow) - R+4
District 6 (Teal) - R+4
District 7 (Plum) - R+4
District 8 (White) - R+4

Why, in 2020 scenarios, John Kasich is always used as a centrist candidate? Kasich is NOT a centrist, and on most issues he is a fairly typical Republican. It is only in the far-right lurch following Trump's rise to power that he has become seen as a moderate?

Why, in 2020 scenarios, John Kasich is always used as a centrist candidate? Kasich is NOT a centrist, and on most issues he is a fairly typical Republican. It is only in the far-right lurch following Trump's rise to power that he has become seen as a moderate?
I guess it's a combination of a) he is potentially setting himself up as a potential challenger, and b) everything is relative, and Trump is becoming a barometer of right-wingness, even if he shouldn't.

That was my realistic worst case scenario for Trump in 2020, but here's the absolute worst case scenario I can think of. by election day 2020, the US is at nuclear war with North Korea, in the middle of the second Great Depression, and several more Trump advisers and associates have been arrested in conjunction with the Russia probe. on top of this, on November 1st a tape surfaces of Trump using the N-word and using other racial slurs. and for the final icing on the cake, Trump is in the middle of a long, drawn-out court case in which it's alleged he molested a 14 year old girl. Doug Jones easily wins the Democratic nomination and chooses Sherrod Brown as his running mate, and on election day Jones wins all 50 states - all by double digit margins except for Wyoming and West Virginia, which he wins by high single digits. Jones clears 90% of the vote in traditionally deep blue states like Massachusetts and Vermont, and even breaks 70% in some traditionally competitive states (Virginia, Colorado, Nevada).
e0e2yOJ.jpg

Given that the EV count is 538-0; what's the popular vote total?
And if you'd like to do so, I'd love to see what some of competitive races OTL in 2020 would turn out as ITTL
Actually the EV count is 537-, as Nebraska's Third Congressional District still goes GOP by ~15% despite the gargantuan national D landslide.
Since Jones gives up his senate seat to run for President, I imagine it probably goes R but maybe the extremely D friendly national enviorment could allow someone like Sue Bell Cobb or Walt Maddox to keep the seat blue. I imagine the only Senate seats the GOP would keep in this scenario would be Wyoming and Utah, with Utah going D if someone other than Romeny is the nominee.

fashbasher

Banned
The logical conclusion of the X-in-Canada maps: (affectionate parody, bordering on shitpost but not quite)
BVNsdPH.png

Very rough eyeball of a World Parliament election after Canada took over the world. Please let me know which countries I should recolor. Warning: I chose a few colors for variety and/or humor reasons.

Thx

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.