Kaiserreich: Legacy of the Weltkrieg

When I go evil, I kinda cheat for my concius, for example when I play American Caesr I go into to both the AUS and CSA using the command counsel and make them more evil than me.

Regarding evil plays, I generally don't like playing the bad guys. I played Mongolia a couple times and Tianguo a couple times, but Totalist India is about as bad as I can get on the regular. I tried playing Goering Mittelafrika, but after I started getting events about nasty stuff I quit.

Speaking of Tianguo, it is German sponsored in the rework. Their elimination of banditry in the area next to the German concession and other good governance endeared them to Germany. I hope they're still a viable path after rework, though, because I'm fascinated with non-Qing monarchism in China.

Regarding evil plays, I generally don't like playing the bad guys. I played Mongolia a couple times and Tianguo a couple times, but Totalist India is about as bad as I can get on the regular. I tried playing Goering Mittelafrika, but after I started getting events about nasty stuff I quit.

Speaking of Tianguo, it is German sponsored in the rework. Their elimination of banditry in the area next to the German concession and other good governance endeared them to Germany. I hope they're still a viable path after rework, though, because I'm fascinated with non-Qing monarchism in China.
Goering Mittelafrika is easier to handle... if it is early-game Goering Mittelafrika, and you're still waiting for the chance to make that bastard pay at least by losing his governorship.

With so many cool options that don't involve murder and totalitarianism, why pick murder and totalitarianism?

I find my favorite way to play is to tag to other countries, pick the bad direction, and then play the faction I want to play afterwards. Usually you can do this with focus.autocomplete.

For example, make most of the 3I Totalist or something, or pick all the authoritarian options for the Mitteleuropans or Entente.

I think the biggest problem is that Syndicalism and Totalism aren't enemies. I'd love to see the Totalist 3I beat Europe, only for the RadSoc CSA to ride in on their horses, liberating Niclas Y Glais' Welsh Commune and freeing Britain from Mosley's yoke.

Why doesn't Canada invade the CSA when it declares war against the US? I mean, before the civil war begins, Canada sends a message to Hoover, basically saying 'Keep your people in check or else' and after the war begins, they take Alaska and New England and then they just stop. I think it would make sense for Canada to invade the CSA to at least keep the fighting from spilling into Canada.

(Plus, it would make taking out the CSA less of a pain for those playing Huey Long)

Because even with a rather competent army, a good cadre of generals and superior tech, it has neither the manpower, will or need to invade the CSA, which aside from putting it on even worse terms with the other factions could well be its doom as it loses all its troops that could otherwise be used reclaiming the homeland. The only reason it seizes New England and Alaska is because it can get away with it and has a degree of local support, the CSA would crush the canadians under their boots the moment they turn around.

Because even with a rather competent army, a good cadre of generals and superior tech, it has neither the manpower, will or need to invade the CSA, which aside from putting it on even worse terms with the other factions could well be its doom as it loses all its troops that could otherwise be used reclaiming the homeland. The only reason it seizes New England and Alaska is because it can get away with it and has a degree of local support, the CSA would crush the canadians under their boots the moment they turn around.

This. It says a lot that whenever the CSA makes a serious effort to go to war with Canada they collapse.

That and it'd be safe to assume if Canada got wrapped up in an invasion of the CSA then the Third International would jump all over the French State before chasing down other vulnerable targets.

I think the biggest problem is that Syndicalism and Totalism aren't enemies. I'd love to see the Totalist 3I beat Europe, only for the RadSoc CSA to ride in on their horses, liberating Niclas Y Glais' Welsh Commune and freeing Britain from Mosley's yoke.

I would like if it were possible for the CSA to form its own faction of syndicalism with their focus being on the Americas instead of linking up with the 3I. That would be an interesting possible change of pace.

I would like if it were possible for the CSA to form its own faction of syndicalism with their focus being on the Americas instead of linking up with the 3I. That would be an interesting possible change of pace.
Oh good lord, this. Usually by the time I rebuild my military into "not a ramshackle collection of militias," France and the UoB have already gone under to the Germans/Entente, and there's no 3I to join.

Oh good lord, this. Usually by the time I rebuild my military into "not a ramshackle collection of militias," France and the UoB have already gone under to the Germans/Entente, and there's no 3I to join.

Or they've already ROFLstomped them and all you have left to do is clean up in Canada and hang out.

Though on that train of thought it'd be nice for there to be a way that pushes back the start of the 2nd Weltkrieg to late 1939-1940 instead of the 1938-1939 range it currently very consistently fires in. The early start pretty much guarantees the 3I will either win so quickly the rest of the game is a slow cleanup or get their clocks cleaned and you're stuck up against the Entente alone with a military that's only just starting to move beyond underequipped infantry divisions and a token fleet.

Or they've already ROFLstomped them and all you have left to do is clean up in Canada and hang out.

Though on that train of thought it'd be nice for there to be a way that pushes back the start of the 2nd Weltkrieg to late 1939-1940 instead of the 1938-1939 range it currently very consistently fires in. The early start pretty much guarantees the 3I will either win so quickly the rest of the game is a slow cleanup or get their clocks cleaned and you're stuck up against the Entente alone with a military that's only just starting to move beyond underequipped infantry divisions and a token fleet.
I do have to admit, though, my favorite CSA game was when this happened, and it was me as the last bastion of democratic syndicalism fighting a massive naval war across four continents against a dying collection of empires - while Germany,having conquered Western Europe, engaged in an apocalyptic war with Savinkov's Russia.

Why doesn't Canada invade the CSA when it declares war against the US? I mean, before the civil war begins, Canada sends a message to Hoover, basically saying 'Keep your people in check or else' and after the war begins, they take Alaska and New England and then they just stop. I think it would make sense for Canada to invade the CSA to at least keep the fighting from spilling into Canada.

(Plus, it would make taking out the CSA less of a pain for those playing Huey Long)
Canada doesn't join at the start of the Second American Civil War, but it gets the possibility to join at a later point in its focus tree: it even gets to choose between supporting the Federal Government or the AUS. I think they also get the possibility to support the PSA but I'm less sure about that...

In retrospect, it kinda makes sense: Canada isn't really in shape to invade the US as was said before so it needs a bit of time to at least prepare. Plus, from a lore perspective, with the death of George V and the coronation of Edward VIII, there is also a bit of political transition to be made.

I do have to admit, though, my favorite CSA game was when this happened, and it was me as the last bastion of democratic syndicalism fighting a massive naval war across four continents against a dying collection of empires - while Germany,having conquered Western Europe, engaged in an apocalyptic war with Savinkov's Russia.

I had some fun with one like that unfortunately due to stuff like random moments of the "hey guess what your fronts are GONE" bug ended up losing the war.

I don't mind a challenge, I do mind when I lose thanks to game glitches.

Huh, just like my canon on the photos thread. Who won between Germany and Russia?