Disaster at Leuthen TL - Frederick the Great dies in battle

I'm Back
Hi Everyone,

After a long two year absence I am back (pause for cheering).

I will most likely not be returning to Disaster at Leuthen however as I am currently in the process of researching/writing/planning a new timeline which I hope to start posting next week. So if you enjoyed Leuthen please be sure to check it out!

D@L was my first AH story and started nearly seven years ago. I'm happy with it and am now moving on. If there is appetite for one I will try and do a "wrapping up" post for Leuthen to briefly summarize the end of this story in the next few weeks when I have time and am not working on my new timeline SoA.

Thanks to all who supported Leuthen and me.

Direwolf22

Sad that it's not continuing, but i can follow in that it kinda feels like its in a mop-up phase.

Any hint as to where your next TL is going to be based?

Yes, closure would be nice. I was doing a re-read until a week ago, so at least everything is fresh in my mind.

Closure would be excellent indeed! This was one of my favorite timelines, and you did wonderful work with it. Thanks for making New England do so well. :D

O yes please please please make some closure please. We feel that something big was about to happen when you stopped your timeline. Such great work deserve a proper end. ;)

Hi Everyone,

After a long two year absence I am back (pause for cheering).

I will most likely not be returning to Disaster at Leuthen however as I am currently in the process of researching/writing/planning a new timeline which I hope to start posting next week. So if you enjoyed Leuthen please be sure to check it out!

D@L was my first AH story and started nearly seven years ago. I'm happy with it and am now moving on. If there is appetite for one I will try and do a "wrapping up" post for Leuthen to briefly summarize the end of this story in the next few weeks when I have time and am not working on my new timeline SoA.

Thanks to all who supported Leuthen and me.

Direwolf22

Dear God, this is awesome! Vive la France! Vive la Louisiane! Too bad that it will be only a wrap-up, not a complete sequel, but still.

Thanks for your work, Direwolf. That was one of the first stories I've read on the forum and it was a great run.

Last edited:
Welcome back Mr DireWolf

D@L was (and is) one of my favourite TLs.

BuT I assume its better to stop something good before it turns bad ;) (something some movie makers should do :D))

A wrap up would be nice!

Wondering what is your NEXT project...

Thanks for all the support and glad to see it had such a following!

I will try and do a wrap up post in the near future then to summarize events.

That would be already great. I'm curious what would look a map of 2018 in your TL. Let alone Europe seems on the verge of another big war were you left.

That would be already great. I'm curious what would look a map of 2018 in your TL. Let alone Europe seems on the verge of another big war were you left.

I was going through some of my maps on my pc and came across a grossly unfinished DaL present day map. I re-read the timeline afterwards and finished the map. I'm curious how right I was if DW decides to post a map or describe the world in any detail.

Welcome back Mr DireWolf

D@L was (and is) one of my favourite TLs.

BuT I assume its better to stop something good before it turns bad ;) (something some movie makers should do :D))

A wrap up would be nice!

Wondering what is your NEXT project...

Yeah you were always a big and involved follower and that was appreciated. It's why you got your name in the story!

I'll try and get a wrap up soon then before I start posting my new one. It's a little bit out of my main comfort zone knowledge wise so it's taken more research etc.

I was going through some of my maps on my pc and came across a grossly unfinished DaL present day map. I re-read the timeline afterwards and finished the map. I'm curious how right I was if DW decides to post a map or describe the world in any detail.

I'd be interested to see that - be amusing to see what you came up with. I remember you made some nice maps for Leuthen in the past so I may call upon you for SoA once it gets going.

That's something i would to see too , if that's possible of course please.

Count me in for the map. The world's borders were always charmingly authentic-feeling, comparable to how frontier lines would develop in OTL, which is some serious praise.

Wow man, i loved the timeline. I would love to see i wrapping up post. i'm sure othe thers will agree.

PS: as an ex millitary guy a lot of youre millitary stuff is believable