Blue Skies in Camelot: An Alternate 60's and Beyond

December 3rd - Presley announces plans to take a long trip to California while Ann works on the pilot of a television treatment for Batman starring Adam West and Burt Ward. She is cast as Catwoman.
You know the funny thing about this is that whenever I thought about who should have played Poison Ivy if she had ever been introduced in Adam West's Batman, it was always Ann Margret. That was always my big 60's Batman fancast. Different Bat villain than the one here sure, but still kind of funny.

Still, shame we're not getting foreign news for 1965, but oh well.

You know the funny thing about this is that whenever I thought about who should have played Poison Ivy if she had ever been introduced in Adam West's Batman, it was always Ann Margret. That was always my big 60's Batman fancast. Different Bat villain than the one here sure, but still kind of funny.

Still, shame we're not getting foreign news for 1965, but oh well.

That is funny. :) The thought of casting her as Poison Ivy completely escaped me, but that's a great idea! I'm thinking of doing Foreign news updates every other year and including all the events for those periods together. (1965 - 1966 and so on.) So one of those will be coming shortly! More foreign affairs updates will be sprinkled in intermittently as needed. One will be coming up shortly about Britain and Rhodesia, I believe.

Stay tuned.

That is funny. :) The thought of casting her as Poison Ivy completely escaped me, but that's a great idea!
Well you could always go back it and make it so?
person-with-folded-hands_1f64f.png
Ultimately of course, it's your decision.

So by the way, did Marilyn Monroe have a kid? And did Julie Andrews win an Oscar for Best Actress for her role in Sound of Music? Or is all that going to be revealed in a future update?

I am glad to see Elvis finally touring overseas and maybe making an appearance on Batman. Had Colonel Parker been alive, all of that would have been extremely unlikely. Colonel Tom's excuses for not touring abroad hold no merit. He always cited security problems, tax problems, or logistics problems for not going. All of those problems could have been worked out along the way. Also, it is now known that Parker was an illegal alien from Holland (not fully known until OTL 1980). No matter how high and generous the offers were from UK and European promoters, Colonel Tom's usual response was "Now that will be fine for me but how much are you gonna pay my boy??"

So by the way, did Marilyn Monroe have a kid? And did Julie Andrews win an Oscar for Best Actress for her role in Sound of Music? Or is all that going to be revealed in a future update?

Oops! I forgot to include the Academy Award winners in the Pop Culture update! My apologies.

Julie Andrews did in fact win the Oscar for Sound of Music, and Marilyn's potential motherhood will be covered soon :)

I thought Marilyn couldn't have kids?
From what I understand, she had extreme difficulty, and did have three miscarriages caused from a ectopic pregnancy, but I don't believe it was outright confirmed to be impossible. I believe if I remember correctly, this difficulty was caused by physical trauma she endured from the sexual abuse she suffered when she was young.

EDIT: So I checked, and basically Marilyn had Endometriosis which I believed was caused by the previously mentioned trauma. It however is not impossible for a person with Endometriosis to have kids, it's just both hard to get pregnant from lowered fertility and women with Endometriosis suffer from an increased chance of miscarriage. There is however surgery to help with it (though I am uncertain if said surgery was around in 1965). Nonetheless Marilyn, if she was lucky, could maybe get pregnant and successfully birth a child, it's just likely, and especially at her age, that she would only be able to at most have one child. The likelihood of her being able to have a second child that survives to birth, while possible, is extremely unlikely, though more to do with her age rather than the disease itself.

Last edited:
EDIT: So I checked, and basically Marilyn had Endometriosis which I believed was caused by the previously mentioned trauma. It however is not impossible for a person with Endometriosis to have kids, it's just both hard to get pregnant from lowered fertility and women with Endometriosis suffer from an increased chance of miscarriage. There is however surgery to help with it (though I am uncertain if said surgery was around in 1965). Nonetheless Marilyn, if she was lucky, could maybe get pregnant and successfully birth a child.

Marilyn loved kids so I think she would keep trying or adopt. With her advancing age, she’s forty in 1966, though the difficulties will only increase. If she has a child it’s going to be a one in a million chance and she’s going to be on almost complete bed rest. She’s going to have to put a hold on any projects.

Marilyn loved kids so I think she would keep trying or adopt. With her advancing age, she’s forty in 1966, though the difficulties will only increase. If she has a child it’s going to be a one in a million chance and she’s going to be on almost complete bed rest. She’s going to have to put a hold on any projects.
Heck, I imagine she'd just adopt, given how medically bad it'd be. Safest for her, and gets some attention to the plight of kids.

Heck, I imagine she'd just adopt, given how medically bad it'd be. Safest for her, and gets some attention to the plight of kids.

I think she and Joe adopting a baby is probably the direction I'd be most likely to take it in.

I think she and Joe adopting a baby is probably the direction I'd be most likely to take it in.
That's fine. I think personally she would at least keep trying regardless, and if it does happen it would be more of a happy accident that she might be lucky enough to have a child that goes on to survive up until labor, but like TrumanJohnson said, it would be a hard and difficult pregnancy, and it would mean she would have to pause her entire career for it. I could only see that being manageable between 1964-1967 before it becomes outright impossible.

That's fine. I think personally she would at least keep trying regardless, and if it does happen it would be more of a happy accident that she might be lucky enough to have a child that goes on to survive up until labor, but like TrumanJohnson said, it would be a hard and difficult pregnancy, and it would mean she would have to pause her entire career for it. I could only see that being manageable between 1964-1967 before it becomes outright impossible.

Agreed. :) I think she'll keep trying as well, being a mother seemed like one of her great desires in life.

Super update!
I like how you cover all aspects of pop culture. From music to television to sports, you've got it all. I can only begin to imagine what will come from a collaboration between Elvis & Jimi. And having Ann-Margret as Poison Ivy is fantastic.
I eagerly await each new chapter and if you have to draw back to only two each week is no issue for me. It will make me enjoy each one that much more.