The VT-BAM project

You could probably load it in a program that's designed to work with large images(like Photoshop) but most programs will struggle to even load it, and if they do then they will most likely be extremely unstable after doing so. Paint.net for example can be really crash prone when dealing with images larger than 15k in any dimension, This map is 43200x21600 when merged.

Sorry for the last inactivity, but I wanted to inform you that I'm continuing my work on the map, I've almost finished Trentino and I'm completing Sardinia and Bavaria c: Is anyone redoing Switzerland with the right projection?

Last edited:
Sorry for the last inactivity, but I wanted to inform you that I'm continuing my work on the map, I've almost finished Trentino and I'm completing Sardinia and Bavaria c: Is anyone redoing Switzerland with the right projection?

I've redrawn the south already, happy to accelerate redoing the rest if you want it quickly.

You could probably load it in a program that's designed to work with large images(like Photoshop) but most programs will struggle to even load it, and if they do then they will most likely be extremely unstable after doing so. Paint.net for example can be really crash prone when dealing with images larger than 15k in any dimension, This map is 43200x21600 when merged.

Is there any way to shrink it down to something like 4974×2519?

Karnataka and Goa.
TN-VT.png

Dementor

Banned
I'm honestly not sure what's happening with Australia and New Zealand at the moment.
The projects are really just for administrative use, however over the next while I plan to finish the third levels of Slovakia and Poland, I'll investigate the feasibility of third levels for Serbia and Bulgaria. Then I'll probably try to get Tunisia done. What's after that depends on what happens between now and then.
The next USA map is also now in progress.
That is the current progress map as far as I'm concerned. as new areas are started they'll be added to that map.
I'll add the Americas after South America starts.
You mean something like this?

In my opinion, VT-BAM isn't even supposed to be a world map you use as a whole, but rather as a certain region which needs particular attention. Smaller maps, like QBAM and MBAM, work nicely for the former purpose.

That said, I'd love to see QBAM or MBAM -sized equirectangular blank maps.

I thought that is what you're going to do eventually.
It will cover the entire world, it's just not intended to cover the whole world at once. I imagine that the final product will be supplied as tiles which can be assembled and cut to cover whatever region you want to. I believe it's mostly intended to be used for country maps and very high detail continental maps, it can't practically be used for world maps at this time (future technology may allow this at some point).

It would probably not be too difficult to make a half sized version which would be a bit more manageable for that purpose, however that would need to be a separate project. The water data could be reused for that, and the admin data could be generated from this map.