Your Ideal European Borders?

Cool. I liked the United Iraq/Syria. Although it would likely be Shia-dominated, due to Iraq's Shia population and Syria's Shia elite. This could potentially cause difficulty with the Sunni regions. Both states are officially secular but everyone knows the Shia are in power and the Sunni are not. Still, it makes sense to have union as the language and culture is shared. Perhaps granting Sunni regions some local autonomy would be the best solution.

On Israel, not sure why they get Sinai? There is an active ISIS insurgency there and members of the peaceful Sufi Islamic faith have been bombed and massacred by the dastardly ISIS Wahhabi scum while praying in the mosque. Why make that Israel's problem? I don't see that benefiting anyone, except perhaps the extremists themselves, who gain credibility by fighting the Arab world's favourite Zionist enemy.

I liked the United Netherlands with Belgium. Makes a lot of sense I think for a single country to exist. Belgium doesn't have a point to exist in the modern world. Also one last point, possible extra territory for Hungary? Seems like they get a pretty raw deal.

Overall though great map, kudos for sharing.

Made a few fixes on my favorites borders :
No America v2.png

Broken down Ottoman Europe and gave back to Romania Dobrogea and Bukovina.
Cleaned up the white in places like Elba, the Norwegian fjords, and so on.
Gave France the rest of the Crown of Aragon because else it just looked ugly.
Broke apart from France a République Hanséatique.
I might fix later the border between Bulgaria and Serbia, which doesn't look good.

View attachment 364805
I might fix later the border between Bulgaria and Serbia, which doesn't look good.
Ideal borders or French-wank?

Ideal borders or French-wank?
Greece, Poland and Scandinavia are pretty close to my ideal borders.
Ideally, the French borders should include the Catalan countries, because then France would be majority-Occitan, forcing Occitan to have a greater role inside France, without breaking Occitania out of France.
The Rhine border looks good IMO, but not without French Piémont and Romandy. The Dutch should probably have their own country too, although with so many Dutch inside France, it is doubtful the Dutch would like it much.
Similarily, Czechia without the Sudetenland, and Austria with the Sudetenland Panhandle don't look good, and Czechia OTL is quite nice. But Germany as a brightly colored hodge-podge is nice to see.
I'm hesitating on Transsylvania, but it doesn't look good if it's half and half.

Greece, Poland and Scandinavia are pretty close to my ideal borders.
Ideally, the French borders should include the Catalan countries, because then France would be majority-Occitan, forcing Occitan to have a greater role inside France, without breaking Occitania out of France.
The Rhine border looks good IMO, but not without French Piémont and Romandy. The Dutch should probably have their own country too, although with so many Dutch inside France, it is doubtful the Dutch would like it much.
Similarily, Czechia without the Sudetenland, and Austria with the Sudetenland Panhandle don't look good, and Czechia OTL is quite nice. But Germany as a brightly colored hodge-podge is nice to see.
I'm hesitating on Transsylvania, but it doesn't look good if it's half and half.

Best French border in Italy is either OTL or below:

43VtAzi.jpg

sS41ei7.gif

rpaQxqn.gif

Oh and that's not a bohemian sperm, its prewar Czechoslovakia.
Giving too much Turkish territory makes Constantinople vulnerable. After giving all of Slovenia and Piave to Italy (what can I say I like em), I didn't want to give too much like Savoy or Italian Switzerland or Fiume. Btw France has Wallonia, French Switzerland and the rest of Savoy.

...interwar borders are weird :p

Anyway, let the Italo-wank flow through you. Search your spaghetti, you know it to be true!

The border at the Ticino rather than Dora Baltea makes French Piedmont jut out uncomfortably and ruins the the aesthetic purpose of France annexing the west Alps.

Whatever OTL's are except with an extant Austrian Archduchy comprised of Austria, Pressburg, the contiguous parts of the Sudetenland, and Slovenia, and call it a day

View attachment 364805

Are Greeks even a plurality in that Greece? I wouldn't be surprised if either Slavs or Turks are the largest ethnic group. Plus a straight line border in the Caucasus is horrifying.

Are Greeks even a plurality in that Greece? I wouldn't be surprised if either Slavs or Turks are the largest ethnic group.
A proportion of the Turks is likely to have fled, and a portion of the Albanians and Slavs will have been assimilated.
Plus a straight line border in the Caucasus is horrifying.
I totally agree, my basemap sadly didn't have provinces in the Caucasus for me to exploit to make a good border. So I just drew a line between the rivers.

Can I ask why Russia seems always to keep its OTL borders? Doesn't anybody have a desire to reduce it to a rump state, splitting off Georgia, Kola, Karelia, Siberia, & Crimea?:eek::cool::cool:

Poland should have Upper Silesia including Zaolzie but has bits of Lower Silesia with Polish majority such as Rychtal, that is enough for me and Prussia should be independent.

See my map if you want that :p
This one?;)

It's a start, but a lot of OTL Russian territory is still Russian... I was thinking more on the lines of OE/Turkey taking most of the 'stans (or them becoming independent), Poland, Ukraine, Byelorus, & Finland (or my proposed *Sweden) taking other bits, & Siberia...well, IDK what happens there.;) In short, not much short of a screw.

Can that be done with a post-1900 POD? Probably not...

Your Greece is only minority Greek.

The rough map is from an ATL present yet its PODs are from way before 1900 as opposed to what was possible by 1900, thus a significant number of Turks and Slavs were successfully Hellenized and have fully assimilated in this ATL.