President Forever and other 270soft games Megathread

View attachment 356902
Everyone in this timeline is gonna die, and it is squarely because I played Wallace and gave him literally just enough edge to deadlock the College. North Carolina is within 5k votes, and South Carolina is within 10k. Could have had Florida too, but I was focused on locking down the Carolinas when I realized I actually had a shot at breaking the EC.
I think that LBJ gets the nod since I suspect that the House is still controlled by the Democrats in 1968 from the 1964 landslide, even with the Southern states voting for Wallace.

2005 with Vincemania. Looking at the Canterbury result for some reason.

Managed to oust David Davis, Liam Fox and Oliver Letwin. May held on by around 1,000 in Maidenhead, Howard's majority was less than 5,000 in Folkstone and Hythe. Cameron and Osborne both easily held their seats so the immediate future of the Conservative Party might have turned out roughly the same, albeit with a bigger mountain to climb in 2010. Howard would surely have quit sooner though, and Brown might have taken over within months (in fear that Lib Dem progress would continue).

Attachments

• 2005.png
    2005.png
    369.8 KB · Views: 539
Decided to fiddle with President Forever.

ZTZXukk3xDo.jpg

Originally, Saparmurat Niyazov was leading in the polls, but Niyazov losing his home state to Zhirinovsky and Gaidar's campaign team leaking presumably highly scandalous information dealt heavy blows to Niyazov's run. Oh yeah, and he ran out of campaign funds.

Because somehow the Soviet Union adopted the American electoral college, this led to Niyazov winning the popular vote by a 4% margin while losing the electoral vote. The good news is that a psychopathic, egomaniacal hardliner is not the President of the Soviet Union, but the bad news is that a psychopathic, egomaniacal expansionist is. :openedeyewink:

0IyE6aL.png

In this alternate timeline, however, the CPSU was presumably shut down and integrated into the Conservative Party of the Soviet Union. Although Khakamada's final attack ad on Kharitonov backfired, it didn't prevent Khakamada from virtually trashing Kharitonov. As such, Kharitonov only won Georgia, Moldova, Karelia, Kyrgyzstan, Turkmenistan and Uzbekistan, and Irina's perfomance was so great that Irina Khakamada was hailed by future historians as "The Great".

Oh dear.

vD0hca7.png

pHY2JBh.png

Mintimer Shaimiev (United Russia): 27%, 64 EV
def. Sergei Mitrokhin (Yabloko): 32%, 163 EV; Gennadiy Zyuganov (Communist): 30%, 108 EV; Oleg Malyshkin (LDPR): 9%, 0 EV

(For recap, Shaimiev won Murmansk, Archangelsk, Kirov, Krasnoyarsk, Mordovia, Penza, Sverdlovsk, Veliky Novgorod, Tyumen, Chelyabinsk, Novosibirsk, Lipetsk and Khanty-Mansiysk).

Gravel 08: The Old White Guy Is Suddenly Cool

The 2008 Democratic Primary was the most bitter is living memory with all candidates bar Dennis Kucinich winning delegates. The surprise candidate was Mike Gravel a relic of a by gone age and having not held elected office since 1980. It looked likely he would fade into obscurity until a late surge in the polls in Iowa linked to his viral social media. Indeed he managed to push to a solid third place in Iowa with another dark candidate Chris Dodds winning. Yet in Nevada he got his first victory, yet Gravel's success lay in the diverse field and he was able to take second places in big delegate rich states likes California and New York and series of clear debate wins which were spread online. On the eve of the convention only Kucinich,Dodds and Richardson had dropped out which left Clinton,Obama,Edwards,Biden and Gravel himself. Roughly equal in delegates Obama led but Dodds and Richardsons Delegates were promised to Gravel ,the turning point was Gravel's old senatorial colleague Biden dropping out and endorsing him during the convention. Edwards railed to Obama and Clinton became the kingmaker and she crowned the 78 year old Gravel as the partys nominee. Gravel selected Obama has his VP in an act of Party unity. The GOP was also split with the party equally divided between the McCain and Romney and the kingmaker in the form of Mike Huckabee made McCain the 2008 Republican nominee, who picked Fred Thompson as his nominee. It was certainly a clash of ideas between the old hawk and the old liberal and the muted result is often said to be because of Gravel being the most Liberal nominee in modern memory. Yet the Democrats won and were unlucky not to do more with likes of Virginia escaping by only thousand votes. At 78 Mike Gravel became the oldest president ever and the future was in his and his partys hands.

gravel.jpg

So I decided to try my hand at a what if JFK Jr survived and ran in 2016 scenario. This is what I got:

uHDI4Sa.png

Basically, a complete landslide victory for JFK Jr.

Last edited:
yWAG53B.png
s44iavi.png

I played the 2005 scenario as the independent/minor party leader, putting all of my resources into Steve Radford in Liverpool West Derby. I started out in third with 10%, but I managed to win by pouring all of my 100K into ads and groundwork. I nearly ran out of money a few times, but I was able to stop that by spending weeks fundraising. :p

Labour started out with a majority but then it shifted to a hung parliament. Given that polls showed that either a Labour-LibDem or a Labour-SNP-Plaid deal would need to be made, I hoped to be the deciding vote in making Blair or Howard PM. Somehow, Labour gained forty seats in the end of campaigning.

yWAG53B.png
s44iavi.png

I played the 2005 scenario as the independent/minor party leader, putting all of my resources into Steve Radford in Liverpool West Derby. I started out in third with 10%, but I managed to win by pouring all of my 100K into ads and groundwork. I nearly ran out of money a few times, but I was able to stop that by spending weeks fundraising. :p

Labour started out with a majority but then it shifted to a hung parliament. Given that polls showed that either a Labour-LibDem or a Labour-SNP-Plaid deal would need to be made, I hoped to be the deciding vote in making Blair or Howard PM. Somehow, Labour gained forty seats in the end of campaigning.
I googled this guy , first result

Liverpool Liberal councillor Steve Radford: There's no sex slave in my cellar

Wallace Wins 1972

In one of the most remarkable elections of the modern era, George Wallace, the man the Democrats didnt want and who looked like to lead them to certain defeat led them to an electoral triumph over President Nixon. Wallace had been an early front runner and his narrow victory in California sealed his 1st place status but it took a series of backroom deals during the convention to get the Wallace/McGovern ticket going. Everything looked like it would be a distaster but soon polling indicted that this ticket would win the South and gain the MidWest. They were oncourse for victory some stares, in a dramatic action Nixon dumped his VP Spiro Agnew for Ronald Reagan yet it didnt cause any reversal and soon George Wallace became President of the United States.

(OOC: I was going to loose in landslike VkCar version seems to give a boast if Wallace is selected so I was winning in the South and MidWest and later got another boast after Nixon's convention. I was winning some status buy over 100% which is why the GOP vote is so low in New York for example the GOP only got 6,000 votes. So there is a few big bugs, but its nice to win in a year I havent had as the vanilla version Nixon always wins.)

1972.jpg

Last edited:
Wallace Wins 1972

In one of the most remarkable elections of the modern era, George Wallace, the man the Democrats didnt want and who looked like to lead them to certain defeat led them to an electoral triumph over President Nixon. Wallace had been an early front runner and his narrow victory in California sealed his 1st place status but it took a series of backroom deals during the convention to get the Wallace/McGovern ticket going. Everything looked like it would be a distaster but soon polling indicted that this ticket would win the South and gain the MidWest. They were oncourse for victory some stares, in a dramatic action Nixon dumped his VP Spiro Agnew for Ronald Reagan yet it didnt cause any reversal and soon George Wallace became President of the United States.

(OOC: I was going to loose in landslike VkCar version seems to give a boast if Wallace is selected so I was winning in the South and MidWest and later got another boast after Nixon's convention. I was winning some status buy over 100% which is why the GOP vote is so low in New York for example the GOP only got 6,000 votes. So there is a few big bugs, but its nice to win in a year I havent had as the vanilla version Nixon always wins.)

View attachment 364742

I like the aesthetic!

Wallace Wins 1972

What happened to Alaska?