Request Maps/Flags Here

Status
Not open for further replies.
View attachment 358390
@Coyote Knight
Big enough?
The larger I make the leaf and the more I smooth out the sharp lines the more the fragments starts to contrast with the base flag.

another idea, make the outline red ?

alt-yanranay-flag.png

Can I please get a flag for this area as an independent nation? I’d prefer if it had some type of stars in it.

Attachments

• 06F803B2-4301-4A61-82CE-ACDBBCB27CCB.gif
    06F803B2-4301-4A61-82CE-ACDBBCB27CCB.gif
    33 KB · Views: 305
Can I please get a flag for this area as an independent nation? I’d prefer if it had some type of stars in it.
You need to provide some detail when you make a request.
Is it a post US state, former internal association, or other?
Is it English or Dutch speaking?
What's the brief history?
Etc etc.
That helps people on the symbols, colours, layout.

You need to provide some detail when you make a request.
Is it a post US state, former internal association, or other?
Is it English or Dutch speaking?
What's the brief history?
Etc etc.
That helps people on the symbols, colours, layout.
Post US state, broke away from the US during the Great Depression

Post US state, broke away from the US during the Great Depression
Someone will need to draw it but my idea:
White field, 2 red horizontal stripes crossed by 2 red vertical stripes, in centre a blue disc with a white star, in each quadrant of the field an orange star.
The white star on blue reflects the old ideal of the union. The red stripes and stars is reminiscent of DC. An orange star for each founder state reflects the New Netherlands heritage; and the colour also harkens to the gold stripes of Maryland, buff field of New Jersey, buff diamond of Delaware, golden sun of New York flags.

Out of curiosity, does anyone have an alternate/independent Welsh Patagonia flag kicking about somewhere? If one doesn't exist, don't worry about it as I'll just take the OTL one, but I just wanted to see if anyone had something already out there.

Someone will need to draw it but my idea:
White field, 2 red horizontal stripes crossed by 2 red vertical stripes, in centre a blue disc with a white star, in each quadrant of the field an orange star.
The white star on blue reflects the old ideal of the union. The red stripes and stars is reminiscent of DC. An orange star for each founder state reflects the New Netherlands heritage; and the colour also harkens to the gold stripes of Maryland, buff field of New Jersey, buff diamond of Delaware, golden sun of New York flags.
Is this roughly what you had in mind?
MidAtlanticState_for_et37_FGv1.png

Edit:
Another design, based somewhat on the ideas of @The Professor but amended a bit. Red/white/blue for continuity with the USA - same reason for the blue circle with stars. The red/white are arranged like the red/white in the Maryland state flag. There are five stars round the edge of the circle to represent the five 'founding' states (PA,NY,MD,NJ,DE) with one in the centre to represent their union (and/or maybe DC).
Three versions: (a) with all white stars; (b) with the centre star in gold to represent the greater value of unity; and (c) with the five 'state' stars in gold to hark back to the colours as mentioned by The Professor.
MidAtlanticState_for_et37_FGv2a.png MidAtlanticState_for_et37_FGv2b.png MidAtlanticState_for_et37_FGv2c.png

Last edited:
Here goes:
I would like a blank WorldA type map w/ every (if possible) subdivisions in existence.
And if it is already existant, can anyone give me a link?

Out of curiosity, does anyone have an alternate/independent Welsh Patagonia flag kicking about somewhere? If one doesn't exist, don't worry about it as I'll just take the OTL one, but I just wanted to see if anyone had something already out there.

OTL one would work fine for a welsh-majority subnational entity but for an independent country, I feel like it would be too close to the argentinian one, especially of it became independent in a less then cordial manner.

A very simple modification from the current one would be to have the blue bars be changed to green. This would make it look like a progression rather then a break as well as increase the emphasis on the welsh ancestry.

[QUO

im open to multiple variations of my request, as there’s a debate within the nation as to what flag it should adopt

2 questions:

1- what was the reason for the MAS to separate ?

2- is the flag debate just a generic one based on preferred design or are the various camps aligned along political factions ?

The reason I ask is that visual association with the US flag may or may not be desired and that considering the POD is during the 30s, there may be an influence from socio-political movements popular at the time.

If association with the US is not an issue, the professor's suggestion, maybe with blue stars in quarter instead of gold, would look fine for a successor state. If on the other hand you wanted to make this association more subtle, TheFriendlyGhost asymetrical design, maybe just using gold stars, would offer in my mind a better alternative.

A bit more unusual would be to a vertical triband of colonial blue (delaware flag), buff (delaware & new Jersey) and old glory blue (from new york and pensylvania) with the black and red used for the emblem in the middle taken from maryland. The idea behind this flag would be to recall the constituent part having an history stretching back to colonial time (since buff was a revolutionary war military colour) but without directly referencing the USA. This could serve as a flag proposal that seeks to downplay the US association and/or make the new entities stands on its own.

mid-atlantic-states.png

2 questions:

1- what was the reason for the MAS to separate ?

2- is the flag debate just a generic one based on preferred design or are the various camps aligned along political factions ?

The reason I ask is that visual association with the US flag may or may not be desired and that considering the POD is during the 30s, there may be an influence from socio-political movements popular at the time.

If association with the US is not an issue, the professor's suggestion, maybe with blue stars in quarter instead of gold, would look fine for a successor state. If on the other hand you wanted to make this association more subtle, TheFriendlyGhost asymetrical design, maybe just using gold stars, would offer in my mind a better alternative.

A bit more unusual would be to a vertical triband of colonial blue (delaware flag), buff (delaware & new Jersey) and old glory blue (from new york and pensylvania) with the black and red used for the emblem in the middle taken from maryland. The idea behind this flag would be to recall the constituent part having an history stretching back to colonial time (since buff was a revolutionary war military colour) but without directly referencing the USA. This could serve as a flag proposal that seeks to downplay the US association and/or make the new entities stands on its own.

View attachment 358569
The reason for independence from the US is that the entirety of the nation has collapsed due to ineffective leadership and social unrest. The MAS has several factions vying for power, the main 3 being Republicans (government not political party), The National Worker’s Party (Fascists) , and The People’s Union (Communists.) The Flags FriendlyGhost Made can be used for a democratic republic, the flag you made is perfect for a Military Junta (which the nation will eventually fall under.)

Status
Not open for further replies.