The VT-BAM project

upload_2017-11-23_20-50-4.png

Apparently I actually made the lakes for a good bit of Russia already.
It seems that I drew them just before I switched to the Arabia centered map and forgot to transfer them
Apologies to @ST15RM about the section that goes into your claim, It was drawn about 10 days ago so I had no idea that you would be doing that area at the time.
Here's the northernmost section
upload_2017-11-23_20-27-35.png

Also the missing section of Baltic lakes
upload_2017-11-23_20-48-18.png

I'll verify the rest of them as I move northward through Russia

ST15RM

Banned
View attachment 356593
Apparently I actually made the lakes for a good bit of Russia already.
It seems that I drew them just before I switched to the Arabia centered map and forgot to transfer them
Apologies to @ST15RM about the section that goes into your claim, It was drawn about 10 days ago so I had no idea that you would be doing that area at the time.
Here's the northernmost section
View attachment 356584
Also the missing section of Baltic lakes
View attachment 356592
I'll verify the rest of them as I move northward through Russia
It's fine. In fact..

less work for me!!

VT45

Banned
I hadn’t thought. If you want me to include Indian reservations, we’ll have to talk about how to show them and get good sources to work with.

Could you stick a light unstarted claim to the Indian Subcontinent on for me? Not sure how long it'll take, and happy to release parts if I'm taking too long, but its pretty out the way from everyone else.

Um, I'd definitely count the rest of India and Pakistan as part of the subcontinent. Unless someone else has a burning desire to do Pakistan.

I'd already claimed Pakistan and Kashmir as of November the 18th as part of West Asia.
I'll drop the rest if you want. The Iran, Afghanistan, Pakistan area is actually what I'll be doing next.
I'll also change West Asia's colors to be more visible.

@FrankCesco do you think that your trick could work on the lakes?
Yes I could, just give me some basemap without antialiasing and I can convert it :)
I actually can't make one without antialiasing
ArcGIS is unable to output at the exact resolution that we use at all, What you could do is mess with brightness and contrast to create a two color image and use that. However I found that this results in vastly lower quality lakes than hand drawing with a lot of artifacts similar to what you already see around extremely thin strips of land.
Like this. (south coast)
upload_2017-11-25_15-43-45.png

If the lakes are too time consuming don't worry about it, just do the administrative divisions and I'll do the lakes after you're done, as i already do for @FrankCesco
I actually find drawing lakes quite fun so I really don't mind.
It’ll probably be a couple days. I’m currently on break from this to create something for the current MotF. Using this as the base map!
I'll see if I can do it myself, I think I understand what you were doing.

ST15RM

Banned
I actually can't make one without antialiasing
ArcGIS is unable to output at the exact resolution that we use at all, What you could do is mess with brightness and contrast to create a two color image and use that. However I found that this results in vastly lower quality lakes than hand drawing with a lot of artifacts similar to what you already see around extremely thin strips of land.
Like this. (south coast)
View attachment 356858
If the lakes are too time consuming don't worry about it, just do the administrative divisions and I'll do the lakes after you're done, as i already do for @FrankCesco
I actually find drawing lakes quite fun so I really don't mind.

I'll see if I can do it myself, I think I understand what you were doing.
It's not real time consuming, it's painful.